- Captain: Team mode. You all start with lives, and if your team captain's lives reach 0 you lose. Still not sure if the enemy captain bot changes behaviour or not, but it gets bonus.
- Damage Match: Currently only solo. How hard would it be to port it to team as well? It's just deathmatch but with more emphasis on damage, instead of frags. You deal more damage = you get more score.
- Scavenger Hunt: Awesome team mode which I didn't know. Map specific (SH- prefix). There are flags in fixed position. Flags nearer your base score less points than the ones in the middle of the map. Grab a flag and bring it to your base. Also, there might be a black flag: if you bring it to the enemy base their score resets or diminishes by a lot.
- Bunny Track: We all know this =)
- Dominate: Team mode. Works in both DOM and DM maps, although you can't set the number of points in DM maps (but you can always make a small modification to a DM map and make it DOM ). Points are scored by killing enemy team members, but if you control 0 points you get no points. The more you control the higher the frag's score.
- Monster Hunt: It's a shame a lot of maps won't work offline. Other than that, very good. Heavily based on the map. Team game I guess? As long as you finish the level everybody wins? ^^ With this, I'm including also Monster Arena which is very similar. Like Invasion from the other UTs. Again both are map specifics (MH and MA).
- Monster Arena: See above. Again, shame most of maps don't work with bots. Even more a shame that MA doesn't have billions of maps (or it's a good thing? )
- Boom Ball: Flag/rocket spawns in the middle of a CTF map. To score, you must bring it to the enemy base. There's also Burger CTF in the Food Fight mod which is similar.
- Assassins: Solo gamemode. You have a target and you score points only by killing your target. You can also kill your hunter if you find out who he is. Bots seem to work nicely.
- Holy Wars: Solo. A halo spawns in a random location: the first who gets it becomes the Saint. The Saint can get a shield belt or an instagib rifle (depends on settings). When the Saint dies the halo drops. You can only kill the Saint or the heretics for points.
- Shared Life: Works in team games. Whenever your team mates get damaged, you receive a portion of the damage. Can be configured.
- Arena Match: This is an old one, it's just awesome for arena style matches.
- Eavy Dark Match: Turns the lights off and gives you a torchlight. Of course not compatible with bots, but great if you want an added challenge.
- Invisible Spawn: It does what it says. Can set the time in a mod menu.
- Nali Weapons: Totally changes the weapons. Huge menu in the mod options.
- Food Fight: Changes the weapons with food-related weapons. Also adds and replace pickups and adds a Burger CTF mode similar to Boom Ball.
--- old post ---
I recently installed UT again (hence why I signed up here), and shockerz! it turns out most of the people which I used to play with don't play anymore. Guess people gets old
anyway, I don't mind having a nice collection of maps and playing sometimes alone with my bots.
I was wondering: do any of you still play alone? Any gametypes other than defaults I should be aware of? Anything that extends bots?
Also: how hard would it be to add bot-pathing to a map, if it hasn't? I remember there were some CTF, AS or even DM maps that had great visuals and architecture but couldn't be played single player, but I haven't a single idea of how the editor works so if it's too hard I'll just forget it lol
So ye, if you have any tips for a better single player experience I'd be glad to listen!
PS: I know there are some single player maps out there that mimics old Unreal, but I'm more of an arena guy