BotNames[2]=e151
BotNames[3]=2e31
BotNames[4]=3e345
BotNames[5]=ewe123
BotNames[6]=Kara
BotNames[7]=Illana
BotNames[8]=Kira
BotNames[9]=Barak
I enabled only the first ones. The ones from [6] and on are disabled and get automatically replaced by default ones. Of course, everything is disabled except the list I want and the bots I want (the first six in this case).

Could someone of you with xBots try to do a 1v1 versus a specific bot of their choice, and see if it works? Like, enabling only one and then going against him.
der Kas... the cheesy prison supervisor...
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: Managing bots

Post by OjitroC »

I don't think XBots will do what you want. As I said, one of its purposes is to randomise the bots that are spawned. By enabling only six bots, it is being forced to choose, at random, from six bots - so it picks additional bots from the default UT list from which to choose.

I think you'll find you will have to give it 16 (or 32) configured bots from which to choose.
Zanna
Average

Post by Zanna »

So, what are the alternatives for a 1v1 against a bot I set up previously? I asked for console commands but I guess there are none in this regard?
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

See this post viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5969&p=72791&hilit= ... bot#p72791 from Higor which says
Spoiler
Put this on a TXT file and do: EXEC HAX.txt

Summon SuperShockRifle
Set MonsterHunt DefaultWeapon SuperShockRifle
AddBotNamed Tamerlane
Set Bot ReducedDamageType All
Set Bot FavoriteWeapon SuperShockRifle
So you can do a txt file with just AddBotNamed whatever, put the text file in your UT\System folder, then start a DM with no bots and type EXEC whaterver.txt in the console. Make sure XBots is not running and that you use only bots in the list in your User.ini.

I have tried it and you can add more than one bot - I tried 2 - don't know if there is a limit.
Zanna
Average

Post by Zanna »

I tried it directly from the console and it seems to work
Of course there's no way to add them to a specific team; that would be gorgeous. I tried "addbotnamed X blue" or whatever but it's not doing it

I guess it wouldn't even be too hard to make it as a mutator, like, a function that extends that where you add "team" as "blue, red, green, red" in an optional parameter, that way you would be able to make uneven matches as well :satan:

edit maybe i should ask higor
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

If you have the bots configured in your User.ini so that they are on different teams then you can add them to a specific team (the teams are identified by numbers in the User.ini, not colours). If you want a 6v6 game, pick five Red (0) bots and six Blue (1) Bots (assuming you are on Red) and do a Hax.txt with the 11 bots added individually. You would, I think, need to be playing in Tournament Team Game.

I did try assinging teams to named bots in the Hax.txt but they will only be spawned if they are set up in the User.ini to be on the team I assigned them to (that is, you can't use this Exec command to alter the bot's team). I typed "AddBotNamed something Team 1" but that bot didn't spawn and was replaced by another bot of the correct colour.

You can have unequal teams anyway - by adding an even number of bots (assuming you are playing) - half of one colour and half of another; or whatever number you want to unbalance the teams.
Zanna
Average

Post by Zanna »

I thought of that, but that's not what I wanted to achieve :nonono:
All of my bots need to have team = none.

thanks anyway, i'll find a way to change the console command or.. I don't know
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Zanna wrote:All of my bots need to have team = none.
You don't wanna find the result of a byte set None in Unreal Engine. A Byte must have always something to be accessed else results in something worst than Accessed None errors, probably 255 is the value for no team - as long as UT has mainly 4 teams. So your desire with None set to a byte is only a bad idea.
Some farts coders have forgot some byte related to monsters and that's why in a few randoms occurrences a MH server can lock itself - later when Bot was coded (based on Monster Code) it was changed a bit - probably they could see problems and have defaulted BotPack with bNoMonsters=True - this might be one of reasons + what they did with Skaarj, BYTE = None. Game it's from 2k years so you'll be facing more troubles than you can think about, no worries.
Else by deleting file User.ini, another one is recreated using Bot's default settings which do includes Team byte anyway hard-coded in Botpack.

Managing Bots is more doable by writing your own stuff for your needs because you know... UT is not that "full-option" as you think. Higor was writing FerBotz. Why ? I wrote some MBot. Why ? Other did different Bot types as well. Why ? BECAUSE the only way to have your needs accomplished 100% is by writing your own things.

XBots it's on purpose to expand default list with Bots and not creating leagues or such. You will use some list or another if are defined, also they might get a name BotX if you set nothing, X being an Integer value. But they are usable as a default Bot enters the game. If still BotX is in game, this might be some bug (common things in UT).
Zanna
Average

Post by Zanna »

thanks Sektor
of course, I didn't mean to set their actual value to none/NULL, just that they have no team-color specified.

I guess at the moment there's no real way, I'll keep using xBots this way :sad2: