Help fixing skins from ut3...

Discussions about UT99
Nephew9999
Adept

Help fixing skins from ut3...

Post by Nephew9999 »

well i already convert some models from ut3 but theres a "black" part of the skin that shows in the next screen...
the same happens with akasha and bishop... but not with extra liandri models.. :roll:
Spoiler
ill send the resources mp msg :help:
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Re: Help fixing skins from ut3...

Post by JackGriffin »

Ping me, I'll take a look at them. I think I know the problem.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
Nephew9999
Adept

Post by Nephew9999 »

JackGriffin wrote:Ping me, I'll take a look at them. I think I know the problem.
well i cant send you mp so here is the model
mm i already try a lot of options (LOD BIAS) (TEXTURE PALETTE INDEX) (RESIZE OF TEXTURE) hope you can see something that i didnt :oops:
Spoiler
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

The black areas are from your textures. All your textures have a black background so clearly the issue lies in that what you want in those spots isn't lining up correctly.

I'm somewhat familiar with this UT3 model's setup, from its ut2004 version:
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Nephew9999
Adept

Post by Nephew9999 »

EvilGrins wrote:The black areas are from your textures. All your textures have a black background so clearly the issue lies in that what you want in those spots isn't lining up correctly.
its the 2k4 version converted to ut99.. so i take the same skins from 2k4 model :noidea
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

Nah, it's not from the texture being misaligned EG. The model doesn't have proper texture assignments on some parts of it.

I am currently in the process of reinstalling everything on a new computer (motherboard failure on my old rig). I'm probably not going to bother installing Blender or most of the UT specific stuff so you'll need to suss out the proper assignments for the missing faces if this is a project you really want to pursue. Just out of curiosity did you export this using the latest UModel version? I had talked with Gildor about this very issue:
http://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php/top ... l#msg19982
and he revised UModel to fix it. This might be part of your problem (or the whole thing if you're lucky). You might make sure you are using the latest version and try it again.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
Nephew9999
Adept

Post by Nephew9999 »

JackGriffin wrote:Nah, it's not from the texture being misaligned EG. The model doesn't have proper texture assignments on some parts of it.
I am currently in the process of reinstalling everything on a new computer (motherboard failure on my old rig). I'm probably not going to bother installing Blender or most of the UT specific stuff so you'll need to suss out the proper assignments for the missing faces if this is a project you really want to pursue. Just out of curiosity did you export this using the latest UModel version? I had talked with Gildor about this very issue:
http://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php/top ... l#msg19982
and he revised UModel to fix it. This might be part of your problem (or the whole thing if you're lucky). You might make sure you are using the latest version and try it again.
uhmm thats a new idea.. may be umodel is outdated.. ill download the latest thanks!
:idea2: