UT99 e Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library

Discussions about UT99
buby
Average

Re: UT99 e Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library

Post by buby »

Barbie, looking around the net I have found a site calls filewatcher.com where is possible to find out some old libraries . Maybe this can bel helpful, right? For instance, I have found the library that I missed (libgtk-1.2.so.0), but I am not sure that can be used if there are any instruction to use it because of my error (rong ELF class: ELFCLASS32)
Barbie
Godlike

Re: UT99 e Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library

Post by Barbie »

buby wrote:Barbie, looking around the net I have found a site calls filewatcher.com where is possible to find out some old libraries . Maybe this can bel helpful, right?
Only if it is in DEB format. Usually programs and libraries depend on other libraries (and maybe other resources) and if you just copy one manually into your system, there may remain unsolved dependencies. It is the job of a Package manager (pacman, rpm, apt, dpkg, ...) to coordinate all needed resources if a component is installed or removed.
As you see from the output of "ldd libgtk-1.2.so.0.9.1", some additional libraries are missing.

So I recommend that you try to install libgtk again (please add "LC_ALL=C" in front of command line to get the output in English).
Spoiler
buby wrote:Thus I try to install :

Code: Select all

sudo dpkg -i libgtk1.2-common_1.2.10-18.1build2_all.deb libglib1.2ldbl_1.2.10-19build1_i386.deb libgtk1.2_1.2.10-18.1build2_i386.deb
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett