It looks and feels a lot like what happens if you play with an uncapped high frame rate (like 300FPS+) but this issue is happening even though I'm using a frame rate limit and/or VSync.
It's almost certainly related to netspeed or UT's netcode because it's fine on some servers (like UK Insta which I think is a Windows server) but not on others (like my own BunnyTrack.net which is Linux).
It's also 100% not a problem if I play offline.
My normal setup:
• Windows 7 64-bit
• GTX 1080
• 165Hz monitor
• VSync disabled and GSync enabled
• Running D3D10 renderer with a 180 FPS cap
If I uncap the FPS I reach 800+ FPS and the game goes insane.
I have tried:
• Different renderers: D3D10, D3D9, D3D, OpenGL
• Different frame rate caps (100, 150, 180, 200 etc.)
• Different netspeeds (lower netspeeds like 5000 do reduce the stuttering but make me unable to connect to Nexgen/ACE/etc.)
• Disabling/Enabling VSync/GSync/ULMB etc.
I've even tried changing my Linux server settings but this didn't help, and other people don't seem to experience the problem.
Join our UT Discord chat server: https://www.bunnytrack.net/discord
- Posts: 1745
- Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:32 pm
- Personal rank: Dame. Vandora
- Location: TN, USA
If the server is using ACE, maybe try ace performance toggle command?
- Posts: 3225
- Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:26 pm
- Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist
- Location: Kernow, UK