Christ: Game Modes, Mutators, Etc.

Discussions about UT99
nogardilaref
Masterful
Personal rank: ⚋⚊⚌☰⚞⌖⚟☰⚌⚊⚋

Re: Christ: Game Modes, Mutators, Etc.

Post by nogardilaref »

To load everything beforehand, all you need to do is to dynamically load the classes configured in your ini, as the first thing to execute before the match starts.
That will lead each package to be fully loaded and parsed (which is what takes the whole time).

In other words, for each "package.class", which I assume is represented by a string, you do:

Code: Select all

DynamicLoadObject(SomeConfiguredPackageClassString, class'Class');
You can do this for any resource from any package, including things like textures, sounds, etc.
You just need to change the kind of class you mean to load, such as class'Texture', class'Sound', etc.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Christ wrote:I think so.
You have a gun, get enough kills with this gun and then switch to the next and so on until there are no guns left.
Yup, that's Gun Game alright! :rock:
Christ
Novice

Post by Christ »

Thanks nogardilaref, I saw that in the code of the Arena mutator as papercoffee suggested.
I got the idea from Combat Arms' Arms Race, UnrealGGecko, but its just the same thing. Mine is not one hundred percent the same but its close.
I was going to upload it but I spend quite some time coding something for the HUD that didn't work out in the end, but I'll be sure to have it tomorrow.
Christ
Novice

Post by Christ »

I have updated the thread.
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Adept

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

I've made a similar mod like your GunMode and called it UTGunGame. I never released it since it is still in development.
Christ
Novice

Post by Christ »

It appears people often begin projects that don't see the light because those are not completed, or just not shared.
I'm looking to improve the Gun Mode so suggestions are appreciated, I'm thinking about making a team Gun Mode like the one from CS: GO, and perhaps add a default gun.
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Adept

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

I think a team mode would be good to add. Also you say default gun but I think a default melee weapon would be better. Classic gungame you would have a knife for default. It was fun to sneak up on your opponents and shank them to steal there weapon level progress.

I will add more suggestions soon.

EDIT: If you were too suicide this would cost you a weapon level as well.
Christ
Novice

Post by Christ »

I want it to be customizable so I'd leave that as a default weapon without having to be melee. You can have a melee weapon, or a Redeemer as default, or no default weapon at all.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Christ wrote:I want it to be customizable so I'd leave that as a default weapon without having to be melee. You can have a melee weapon, or a Redeemer as default, or no default weapon at all.
You misunderstood the melee weapon is a must have in any GunGame mode ...this is the weapon with the highest risk and the highest reward. In CS1.6 was the knife the only not changing weapon in your roster with the effect to steal an opponents weapon level and add a level to yourself.
Maybe a silenced Impact-Hammer could be this weapon. Or because UT is much faster then CS maybe not silenced.
bcspm1

Post by bcspm1 »

papercoffee and SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}, when you switch to the knife in CS it resets your recoil. But UT99 weapons have no recoil. So switching to Impact Hammer makes no sense except for a humiliation kill.

Christ, can you add an option to have all listed weapons at once but take a weapon away when the player have reached the chosen number of kills with it? Also it would be nice to have a message saying how many kills I still have to make with the weapon witch I just have used to kill an enemy if this is not the last obligatory kill with this weapon.

So I set only two weapons: Impact Hammer with two kills and Rocket Launcher with three kills. Then I kill two enemies with Rocket Launcher. Then switch to Impact Hammer and kill one enemy with it. Then I die. When I respawn I will have to kill only one enemy with Impact Hammer and only one enemy with Rocket Launcher to win the match. But if I kill with a Rocket Launcher first this weapon will be taken away immediately and so I will have only Impact Hammer.

I think such option better suits for UT99 weapons.

Let's call it WeaponEliminationMod or something like that.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

First of, please look at the date of the last post. It's from Jul 04, 2017
bcspm1 wrote:papercoffee and SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}, when you switch to the knife in CS it resets your recoil. But UT99 weapons have no recoil. So switching to Impact Hammer makes no sense except for a humiliation kill.
In CS1.6 your recoil reset every time you stop shooting. That's why some made a forbidden key-bind to the mouse wheel.
That way you could shoot with the AK many shots but without recoil... because the first shot of the AK didn't had any recoil.

In Gun Game was the Knife to steal a level of your opponent.
bcspm1

Post by bcspm1 »

papercoffee wrote:In Gun Game was the Knife to steal a level of your opponent.
No, it was the option gg_knife_pro that allowed to steal a level of your opponent. You could have a knife even without this option. But, yes, now I understand since a kill with Impact Hammer is more difficult it makes sense to reward it more than other kills.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

bcspm1 wrote:
papercoffee wrote:In Gun Game was the Knife to steal a level of your opponent.
No, it was the option gg_knife_pro that allowed to steal a level of your opponent. You could have a knife even without this option. But, yes, now I understand since a kill with Impact Hammer is more difficult it makes sense to reward it more than other kills.
Then I played only server with gg_knife_pro enabled.