Assault map solution

Discussions about UT99
rep87

Assault map solution

Post by rep87 »

Hello,
I have an assault map , called AS-ashes, I have played it a great amount of times but I haven't found the solution to escape, the final bronze cannot be opened.
Does anyone have an idea what is the way to open ? The map description is not so helpful.

Thanks,
rep
Barbie
Godlike

Re: Assault map solution

Post by Barbie »

Yes, I remember having played this a long time ago...
Screenshot.jpg
Screenshot.jpg (26.34 KiB) Viewed 1042 times
Are you sure you have done all tasks until step 7 shown in Assault orders (F3)?
Assault orders
  1. To release the bronze doors of the temple of Krakor-Jaxx from the force field you will have to destroy the crystal that powers it. Your first objective is to drop the east gate allowing access to the enemy right flank by hitting the release button.
  2. Across the grounds to the west a second release button will allow access to the enemy's left flank.
  3. Cross through the enemy pillboxes and try to avoid auto-gun fire. Go through the crystal doors and take control of the temple entrance.
  4. Cross the hall of the 1337 and take control of Chizra's pool, an ancient teridium powered warp teleporter...you will have to pass the Urn of Desperation, the final resting place of the famed Cliffy B...the Nali's believe it has mystical powers.
  5. Fight your way across the hall of the Emerald Cow...behind it will be a switch that drops the steel barrier allowing access to the top floor...watch out for booty traps.
  6. Destroy the teridium crystal that powers the Force Field.
  7. Make your way back to the Bronze doors and pry them open...the nali's, realizing by now their gods won't help, may become a threat...be careful.
  8. Cross the outside courtyard to the exterior gate...Liandri Mercenaries and Mining crews will take over from there.
When approaching the door the Stone Titan will awake, and after killing him the final door will open.

<EDIT>
Added maps's screenshot
</EDIT>
Last edited by Barbie on Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Re: Assault map solution

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Map: http://uttexture.com/UT/Downloads/Maps/ ... -ashes.zip

You mean the big door in Objective 7? Looks like the bots have no idea either, as they just start bumping into the door while the defenders deal with them.