Jason Busby/ 3DBuzz

Discussions about UT99
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Jason Busby/ 3DBuzz

Post by JackGriffin »

(Not sure if this has been mentioned here or not)
Years back when I was learning coding I spent a lot of time at 3DBuzz watching tutorials and demonstration videos. They had an active forum and it was often that the owner, Jason, would post up and offer help and advice. I've spoken to him several times and he is a legit good and helpful guy. In fact I'm sure I've shared their UEngine tutorial videos with many people here.

Sadly, Jason is in a bad way now. He has the same cancer I have but it has spread into multiple areas and now looks like they are suspending chemo treatment. There's an update page here: https://www.3dbuzz.com/blog/2017/07/10/update-on-jason/

This cancer is a bastard, it hurts so badly I can't express it properly into words. I cannot imagine what he must be enduring. Guys he is one of us and gave freely of his time and skill to many people. Take a moment and post up to his FB if you can. It means a lot to be able to see that people care about you. In the dark moments it can be all that matters.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
ANUBITEK
Adept

Re: Jason Busby/ 3DBuzz

Post by ANUBITEK »

I hate to be that guy, but any chance we could get some links/info dumps of stuff he has posted?
<<| http://uncodex.ut-files.com/ |>>

Code reference for UGold, UT99, Unreal2, UT2k3, UT3
Additional Beyond Unreal Wiki Links
wiki.beyondunreal.com/Legacy:Console_Bar
wiki.beyondunreal.com/Exec_commands#Load
wiki.beyondunreal.com/Legacy:Exec_Directive#Loading_Other_Packages
wiki.beyondunreal.com/Legacy:Config_Vars_And_.Ini_Files
wiki.beyondunreal.com/Legacy:INT_File
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Good luck to him. I never had cancer, but it's not that I'd like to, so I'll respect that guy. He is probably suffering something horrible. If something happens; have my condolences. (someone please add a condolences GIF smiley)
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
nogardilaref
Masterful
Personal rank: ⚋⚊⚌☰⚞⌖⚟☰⚌⚊⚋

Post by nogardilaref »

Always the goddamn fucking cancer... I cannot count the number of great people it wiped out already over the years, and the hell it brings to them during the time they're still alive fighting it, both family members and great people over the web like this guy certainly was.

I don't have a FB account, but if anything, he won't be forgotten.
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

Thanks for posting this unfortunate news.
Seems like things are pretty grim. Even the pain management is brutal.
I hope there are plans to keep the site going, as it will serve as a fine legacy in years to come.
Fingers crossed for signs of remission now that the pain is under control.