SOLVED: How to finish MH-Invasion_CH3 (easy, medium, hard)?

Discussions about UT99
Aldebaran
Masterful

SOLVED: How to finish MH-Invasion_CH3 (easy, medium, hard)?

Post by Aldebaran »

Also to the danger that I make myself ridiculous I want to ask here how can I reach the monster hunt end in this map?
Is it possible without translocator and double jump?
Last edited by Aldebaran on Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: How to finish MH-Invasion_CH3 (easy, medium, hard...)?

Post by OjitroC »

After the 'Monster End Active' message comes up there is no indication of where it is, which is brilliant. Having looked in the Editor beforehand, I know it is on the roof where the U-damage is. Nothing happens to enable a player to get onto that roof. So I think the answer to your question is that is not possible to reach it without summoning a translocator or jump boots. If you use MatrixMoves you can, of course, just walk up the wall - other alternatives are to fly there or to not bother at all, having beaten the map.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

I think one of these had JumpBoots in some corner (in hoping to not be that one with a stupid BSP problem...). Link what you have here and I'll take a look in Editor.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

sektor2111 wrote:I think one of these had JumpBoots in some corner (in hoping to not be that one with a stupid BSP problem...). Link what you have here and I'll take a look in Editor.
There are several different versions of this map (as you might expect) - the one I played is MH-MA-Invasion_CH3_easy_high.unr.zip and you're right - there are two sets of jump boots, one each at the base of the spiral stairs of the two towers. The one referred to by the OP is MH-Invasion_CH3.zip.
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

I mean this map here:
http://ut-files.com/index.php?dir=Maps/ ... on_CH3.zip

As OjitroC said there exists different versions too. I will try them, I think the one with the boots in will work.
Thanx!

EDIT: Yeah I found the boots in the MH-MA- version. They don't exist in the original version.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Aldebaran wrote: EDIT: Yeah I found the boots in the MH-MA- version. They don't exist in the original version.

Does the original version tell you where to go for the Monster End?
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

No it does not. When all monsters are dead nothing happens...
ClimateChange
Novice

eaten by a bsp hole

Post by ClimateChange »

eaten by a bsp hole
Last edited by ClimateChange on Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: SOLVED: How to finish MH-Invasion_CH3 (easy, medium, hard)?

Post by EvilGrins »

Screenshots or it didn't happen... although from the sound of things it still hasn't happened yet.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: SOLVED: How to finish MH-Invasion_CH3 (easy, medium, hard)?

Post by sektor2111 »

We don't need and screen killed with a shoot or whatever, ALL old MH player knows these except technical details about mechanics/triggering which as usual are not the best. For BOT's love, that MonsterEnd which is a game-goal is NEVER REACHABLE for Bot's locomotion methods, bot crawling map in DM style if it's freelanced or set for covering... else some nodes supposed to do paths are just useless. Those BSP bugs from some versions made me to not use any of these in servers which I fired up - the problem was introduced to me by one of players.