SOLVED: MH-TB-DinoPlanet and log file / RocketX3

Discussions about UT99
Aldebaran
Masterful

SOLVED: MH-TB-DinoPlanet and log file / RocketX3

Post by Aldebaran »

I noticed the server log file increases rapidly if choosen this map in any version I have found.
After some time the log file is over 100mb big without playing it, it's only choosen from mapvote automatically.
This is the message in log file which is always repeated:

Code: Select all

ScriptWarning: JumpDetectorVX MH-TB-DinoPlanet2011-FIX02.JumpDetectorVX0 (Function RocketX3.JumpDetectorVX.Tick:000C) Accessed None
I found these map versions and in all these maps the script warnings are produced:
MH-TB-DinoPlanet
MH-TB-DinoPlanet2011
MH-TB-DinoPlanet2011-Fix01
MH-TB-DinoPlanet2011-FIX02

Does anybody else have this problem? Should I change some settings in the RocketX3 configuration file (but what setting is important for that)?
Last edited by Aldebaran on Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barbie
Godlike

Re: MH-TB-DinoPlanet and log file / RocketX3

Post by Barbie »

According to the comment in the source code JumpDetectorVX is a TournamentPickup that helps to manage jump detection for leaving the jet (KonglauncherVX) instead of using possibly existing jump boots. JumpDetectorVX is spawned automatically and given to the pilot when he enters the jet.

If a mapper puts this JumpDetectorVX directly into a map, it is useless (as done in those maps). Because owner is empty then, the Tick() function generates heavily repeated ScriptWarnings:

function tick(float delta) {
	Pawn(owner).bCountJumps = true;
}
Possibly fixes:
  • Edit the map and remove all JumpDetectorVX
  • Write a Mutator that does that:

case "MH-DinoPlanet2011[THUNDERBOLT]FIX02":
    	if (PatchStage != PS_PreBeginPlay)
    		goto PatchMap_NoPatchDefined;
    	PredictedResult = 6;
    	foreach AllActors(class'Actor', A, 'JumpDetectorVX')
    	{
    		A.Destroy();
    		PatchCount++;
    	}
    	Goto PatchMap_PatchWasDefined;

PS: Map "MH-SkyCorebeta5+fix3" has the same problem.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

Thank you Barbie! I have forgotten to search this forum for JumpDetectorVX, there is already a thread where this issue is discussed... :roll:

I know that there are Jump Boots in the map, so destroying all JumpDetectorVX could cause strange behaviour when leaving the RocketX3?
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Aldebaran wrote:so destroying all JumpDetectorVX could cause strange behaviour when leaving the RocketX3?
Barbie wrote: JumpDetectorVX is spawned automatically and given to the pilot when he enters the jet.
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

Ah ok :D
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: SOLVED: MH-TB-DinoPlanet and log file / RocketX3

Post by sektor2111 »

Another fact.
If server has problems at destroying actors in some early stage of initialization you might schedule destruction with a short LifeSpan and pre-checking for bStatic, bNodelete - (because some mappers are loving to be retarded).

In such cases I prefer the domestic solution - ruining them rather than trying to delete them, remove collisions, tags, disable timers, disable ticks, and leave them to sit there as useless as they are.
Probably I would patch them without iterating using a checkreplacement only when Level starts post some consolecommand. I say I would, because I'm not using those maps - for me they are NONE like they have never existed.

if ( Level.bStartup ) //Once Only craps
{
     if (Other.IsA('BullshitActor') )
             Return False; //or other cute thing
//          DoRuin(Other);
}
Console Command in InitGame will do them cute and ready for attack... without iterators from any kind.
Spoiler
Information about whatever Level/Actor, chronological order of events:
Events executed natively called:
1 - internal InitExecution():
2 - Assign bBegunPlay bStartup True to Level
3 - Calling InitGame
4 - PreBeginPlay
5 - BeginPlay
6 - Set Zones/Actors accordingly
7 - PostBeginPlay
8 - SetInitialState
9 - Deal with Bases - Actors sitting on other Actors
10 - bStartup becomes False right now
11 - Rearrange actors - bStatic ones goes first - if you destroy their bStatic in an early stage they won't be in account here.
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

Thank you very much, your tips worked for me and I can play these maps now without hard drive overload :lol:
Another map from Thunderbolt is MH-TB-JumpingToSpace2011, afaik the monster hunt end is not reachable (I think the door won't open?) even if all monsters are dead. Is that fixable in a similar way? Optical the map looks great so it would be a shame if this map won't be played because of that.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

I'll have to check in a lil' bit, system's doing a scan at the moment.

Only one I've got is MH-DinoPlanet2011[THUNDERBOLT].
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Aldebaran wrote:Is that fixable in a similar way? Optical the map looks great so it would be a shame if this map won't be played because of that.
Yeah, agree that these maps looks good but some of their settings are badly screwed up. But... there is always a response, check in Editor if map in cause has that END a BIG one - collision on purpose, not the DrawScale.
I had recently problems with HardDisk space so the most of Maps with no pathing went vaporized properly by OS on my command - so I think I don't have it anymore. To be honest I don't feel sorry about that. Hosting bad things is no longer my goal since... 2010 if I'm not mistaking.