General "Epic Masterserver is down!" thread.

Discussions about UT99
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: General "Epic Masterserver is down!" thread.

Post by sektor2111 »

MrLoathsome wrote:Note, for 17 years, as far as I know, that bKeepMasterServer value has been set to False in all my client UT.ini files, with no problems.
Why it is suddenly relevant is a mystery to me.
During 17 years, Epic was operational a while, else GameSpy was stronger and nice and almost permanent. bKeepMasterServer=False was making game to return at default setup in any small failure case. Once returned to default setup, all other Masters are ignored and used default setup and default setup doesn't help :: Epic+GameSpy "hard-coded". I don't recall well but there is also another value bFallBackFactories or such which I don't know what exactly what it does without checking it again for a simple reason: Once set game properly and everything do works I'm not interested to change these values daily. Else my "news" section from browser is no longer coming from Epic for 2 years, so I don't have any clue if that thing works or not at this moment. My "news" section also is pointing my client to a valid IRC server if I want that because data is being loaded from a Web Server configured by myself (having reminders, links, etc.)
Luckily, or less luckily, this game was done allowing user to reconfigure things according to unwritten web rules (WebPages are dying - some of them because their owners are dying - I'm serious here). So player still alive has options to change browsers as it wants (not XBrowser who thinks it will live forever :loool: having hard-coded "news" page and other stuff - that's why I'm NOT using it).
There is a file over forum which I shared Networking.int into a zip archive which is opening some configurable options in "preferences" which UT's menu doesn't usually show (including pinging servers method - depending on how strong or weak is user's connection). I was "fascinated" to see 0 documents toward these configurable things and not described nowhere.
Flak
Novice

Post by Flak »

Hey guys, I'll check into this! You can always ping me on Discord in the UT channel or email me at flak at epic games if there are issues with the master servers.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Flak wrote:Hey guys, I'll check into this! You can always ping me on Discord in the UT channel or email me at flak at epic games if there are issues with the master servers.
:highfive: Thank you to chime in.
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

She's the best ever.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
Flak
Novice

Post by Flak »

<3 Thank you <3

Could someone check and let me know if it's working?
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

Server browser works fine here now with utmaster.epicgames.com server. Thank you!
Flak
Novice

Post by Flak »

Woooo!
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Indeed "wookie is back".
[attachment=0]Wookie_Is_Back.PNG[/attachment]
Attachments
Test OK.
Test OK.
Metalfist
Masterful
Personal rank: ^,..,^ rawr

Post by Metalfist »

Thank you Flak!
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

Awesome! :rock:

Lol @ Wookie :ironic:
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
Darkelarious
Skilled
Personal rank: 333networks admin

Post by Darkelarious »

Code: Select all

[2017-09-27 22:20:29]   [syncer]        found 639 (46 new) addresses at 199.255.40.174,28900 for ut (applet)
I can confirm. It will probably take some time before all servers are found again.

Now let's put this thread on ice until next year!
--Darkelarious
Masterserver | Discord Channel
Oh, and we still are ready to receive donations. The url works, right? It doesn't seem to be doing anything...
ShaiHulud
Adept

Post by ShaiHulud »

Thanks Flak, much appreciated. Also Darkelarious for keeping tabs on this.
Flak wrote:Woooo!
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

It may have eased a few minds if I said yesterday that I had emailed Flak and the head of Epic Infrastructure.
A very big thanks is indeed due, as Epic are very busy this week and we may have had a delay.

Note:
For the most complete browser listing, you must include the official Epic master (either unreal.epicgames.com or utmaster.epicgames.com), any of the 333networks "multimasters", and the Qtracker master gsm.qtracker.com

To make it clear, the "Fallback" switch in the UT config makes it behave like so;
True = The browser will use only 1 masterserver and will start by trying the first in the list, then Fallback to the next if it fails to respond.
False = The browser will use all the masterservers in the list at the same time.

If you host games. don't forget to also uplink to master.telefragged.com Port=27500
Their results are shown in the GameRanger tool, but their master does not send out a list like Qtracker does.
Darkelarious
Skilled
Personal rank: 333networks admin

Post by Darkelarious »

Wulp.

It looks like we are not yet entirely out of the woods:

Code: Select all

[2017-10-01 04:13:22]	[syncer]	found 625 (38 new) addresses at 199.255.40.174,28900 for ut (applet)
[2017-10-01 04:13:27]	[syncer]	found 625 (38 new) addresses at 199.255.40.174,28900 for unreal (applet)
[2017-10-01 04:43:20]	[refused]	on 199.255.40.174:28900
[2017-10-01 04:43:25]	[refused]	on 199.255.40.174:28900
[2017-10-01 05:13:20]	[refused]	on 199.255.40.174:28900
Epic Games responses stopped between 04:13h and 04:43h GMT. The responses remained the same until the time of this post.
--Darkelarious
Masterserver | Discord Channel
Oh, and we still are ready to receive donations. The url works, right? It doesn't seem to be doing anything...