bug with ACE on Windows 10

Discussions about UT99
Letylove49
Adept

bug with ACE on Windows 10

Post by Letylove49 »

WARNING: ACE BUG ON Windows 10

on a server on windows 10 you must config all your setting of your server before to put ACE because after you cannot longer changed anyting.

if you want to remove a mutator the server will continue to use it same if he is not on serverpackages. and if you remove the file the server will ask it and will crash with Can't find file.u.

THE ONLY WAY TO CHANGE IS TO MAKE A FULL NEW INSTALL !!

I don't know if that do the same think with the other os.

Letylove49 aka Alicia
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: bug with ACE on Windows 10

Post by sektor2111 »

Extra note for fans of "gates"
Starting with win doze 8.1 to win 10 you will very want to patch these with patches post October 2017, they were coming with critical exploits which I won't describe. What were you saying ? XP is old and obsolete ? Good, install new exploits then and have fun...
RocketJedi
Inhuman
Personal rank: I.T Master

Post by RocketJedi »

This is why updates are done automatically. So you don't have to worry as much about the exploits that are highly unlikely to affect you. ;)

edit: since server 2016 and windows 10 are pretty much the same I wonder if its the same bug on server 2016
https://www.vulpinemission.com
Image ROCKET-X8 Server
Image MONSTERHUNT w/ NALI WEAPONS 3 + RX8
Image BUNNYTRACK NY
Image SNIPER DEATHMATCH
Image InstaGib + ComboGib + Jailbreak
Image ROSEBUM ROCKET-X RB
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Yeah, I know about updates turned off because they might simply stuck a server from a sales system ruining people's business, and no one will keep them automated forever. Unfortunately they need a maintenance due to the "development" of new exploits... You have to visit more places, and you'll see what's the best deal - removing Win 10 - because in such a sales system even Win98SE can be used for simple operations, you don't need an I7 for computing 10 × 3 = 30, seriously. Updates must be programed and assisted and might take a lot of time. Companies working 24/7 probably don't have too much time to waste with m$ specific "colors"...
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

Interesting, I wonder how you found out about that?

The other question is, how is it still hanging up in the server.ini (including commandline?) that it can't find the ace file? I think it sounds like some kind of memory problem there?
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
RocketJedi
Inhuman
Personal rank: I.T Master

Post by RocketJedi »

sektor2111 wrote:Yeah, I know about updates turned off because they might simply stuck a server from a sales system ruining people's business, and no one will keep them automated forever. Unfortunately they need a maintenance due to the "development" of new exploits... You have to visit more places, and you'll see what's the best deal - removing Win 10 - because in such a sales system even Win98SE can be used for simple operations, you don't need an I7 for computing 10 × 3 = 30, seriously. Updates must be programed and assisted and might take a lot of time. Companies working 24/7 probably don't have too much time to waste with m$ specific "colors"...

Trust me All I do is updates on all 50+ servers at my office. It has to be done. system/network admins who don't patch end up like Equifax Data Breach. Windows 10 pro is the best :P
https://www.vulpinemission.com
Image ROCKET-X8 Server
Image MONSTERHUNT w/ NALI WEAPONS 3 + RX8
Image BUNNYTRACK NY
Image SNIPER DEATHMATCH
Image InstaGib + ComboGib + Jailbreak
Image ROSEBUM ROCKET-X RB
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Define best for small maths. 1+1=2 without having crap loaded. Math is the same in any OS and you know what I'm talking about.