Favorite UT Mouse/Mice?

Discussions about UT99
fullonshred
Average

Favorite UT Mouse/Mice?

Post by fullonshred »

For me I should add this item to my "favorite weapons" list..... My oldschool Logitech Mouseman+ 5 button Ball Mouse. I have tried optical, dual optical, gaming grade optical and laser mice and none of them afford me the smoothness and precision, not to mention the feel and tricks available with my old faithful Mouseman+ 5 Button Ball Mouse. Long after these mice went out of production I found a small computer store online that still had six of these relics in stock. I bought all 6 and have never regretted it yet.

I use normal Left and Right Click for Primary and Alternate Fire, bind the Sniper Rifle to the Wheel Button as Middle Mouse and the Translocator (when available) to the thumbutton. If no Tranny like in most MH Maps then I bind my Minigun to the Thumbutton. And of course use Scroll Wheel Up and Down for Previous and Next Weapon Select. Good fun...... :rock:

So what Mouse/Mice do you folks favor for UT, and why?
Lee_Stricklin
Adept

Re: Favorite UT Mouse/Mice?

Post by Lee_Stricklin »

fullonshred wrote:For me I should add this item to my "favorite weapons" list..... My oldschool Logitech Mouseman+ 5 button Ball Mouse. I have tried optical, dual optical, gaming grade optical and laser mice and none of them afford me the smoothness and precision, not to mention the feel and tricks available with my old faithful Mouseman+ 5 Button Ball Mouse. Long after these mice went out of production I found a small computer store online that still had six of these relics in stock. I bought all 6 and have never regretted it yet.

I use normal Left and Right Click for Primary and Alternate Fire, bind the Sniper Rifle to the Wheel Button as Middle Mouse and the Translocator (when available) to the thumbutton. If no Tranny like in most MH Maps then I bind my Minigun to the Thumbutton. And of course use Scroll Wheel Up and Down for Previous and Next Weapon Select. Good fun...... :rock:

So what Mouse/Mice do you folks favor for UT, and why?
I miss my ball mouse. I remember I rigged that thing so that the pins inside it would continue to spin if I picked it up allowing my to do some wicked 180s. Currently I'm using a blue LED Razer Lachesis with Hyperglide skates, a Large size Corepad C1, clear blue mouse bungee, and an evercool booster.

My basic control setup is this

primary: left button
secondary: right button
wheel: unmapped (item scrolling in other games)
wheel button: unmapped (activate item in other games)
next weapon: r
prev weapon: f
move/strafe: wasd
jump: space
crouch: ctrl
walk: shift
team chat: o
public chat: i
throw weapon: ;
[DoC]Str!Ker
Adept
Personal rank: DoCker!

Post by [DoC]Str!Ker »

Atm I play with the GM-4200 Predator...
It's ok for gaming but today I wanted to go to shop and buy a G5 because I played some games with this mouse on my brothers PC and its a lot better then mine...
Why G5 and not G9? The G5 just fitts more to the hand for me and the G9 more looks like a small panzer to me...
---It Is Fatal To Enter Any War Without The Will To Win It---
-General Douglas MacArthur-
Tim(Olaf)

Post by Tim(Olaf) »

my favorite mouse is the G7 wireless , i have a ms seidewinder too but this mouse is not so good
GenMoKai
Godlike
Personal rank: Mapper

Post by GenMoKai »

Standaard Logitech keyboard... and a G5 mouse with some weights in it :)
EAT THOSE FRIGGIN BANANAS !!!!!
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission
quartzdesi

Post by quartzdesi »

im good with my logitech wireless laser mouse
veridia

Post by veridia »

Logitech G5, it's probably the best laser mouse in circulation.
NCC24656
Novice
Personal rank: || Bang Your Dead ||

Post by NCC24656 »

yup i have to agree and put that with a Logitech G15 keyboard = bad ass !
New UT99 community all welcome - Unrealaddicts.net- Server below is a CTF Sinper only
Raynor
Adept

Post by Raynor »

veridia wrote:Logitech G5, it's probably the best laser mouse in circulation.
+1
I'm very happy with it.
GenMoKai
Godlike
Personal rank: Mapper

Post by GenMoKai »

True, but my first G5 died in just 4 months without a reason :S maybe a construction error in the factory or something... but further its a great mouse!
EAT THOSE FRIGGIN BANANAS !!!!!
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission
Skakruk
Novice

Post by Skakruk »

fullonshred wrote:...My oldschool Logitech Mouseman+ 5 button Ball Mouse. I have tried optical, dual optical, gaming grade optical and laser mice and none of them afford me the smoothness and precision...
I actually ressurrected one of my old ball mice the other day, and thought I'd try it out just for laughs. To my utter surprise, it felt - as you say - smooth and precise, even slightly more so than my Razer Deathadder. I couldn't get used to the grip, though, and soon I was reminded of the constant maintenance required by ball mice.

As for modern mice, I've yet to find anything that suits me better than my Deathadder.
GASCONADE
Novice
Personal rank: 1 ?

Post by GASCONADE »

Nice topic. I actually use a wireless mouse and a normal keyboard. I cba'd with wired mouses! Of course its laser as well!

I had a razer once but it took a bit to get used 2, and d idnt play to well in my RTS games.

I would like to try Razor Lachiele, how does that run for a game like UT?
enzo

Post by enzo »

Uhm, I use a generic HP wireless. And I do just fine. 8)
RocketJedi
Inhuman
Personal rank: I.T Master

Post by RocketJedi »

The best mouse I ever used and I am on my second one is the Logitech MX518 best mouse I ever owned.
https://www.vulpinemission.com
Image ROCKET-X8 Server
Image MONSTERHUNT w/ NALI WEAPONS 3 + RX8
Image BUNNYTRACK NY
Image SNIPER DEATHMATCH
Image InstaGib + ComboGib + Jailbreak
Image ROSEBUM ROCKET-X RB
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

I use the Logitech Mouseman dual optical. It is a great thing but I had to get used to it.
This Mouse was more a tank than a gaming-device if you are usually take MIcrosoft-shitty-Mouse.

I love my dual optical.