Configure 64 bots

Discussions about UT99
chrismew1

Configure 64 bots

Post by chrismew1 »

Hello all

Its wonderful to see so many still play UT99 and i hope this is the right place to put this since i couldnt find a help section.

I have been looking for a mod/mutators or something else that can make it possible for me to change all 64 bots in the practice session since i remember it clearly from when i was younger i could configure 64 bots instead of the 32 bots. Really hope someone can help me and i have tried Xbots but it doesnt make the number go up to 64 bots in the configure area.
Gadavre
Skilled

Re: Configure 64 bots

Post by Gadavre »

Why do you need it? Can you win any bot on difficulty Godlike?
SilverSound
Adept
Personal rank: Curious

Post by SilverSound »

Gadavre wrote:Why do you need it? Can you win any bot on difficulty Godlike?
An unneeded response from you. Might as well have spammed nothing.

@chrismew1 Have you checked the User.ini? I know it's a bit mundane but I'm sure you can configure all of the bots there.

though it would be best to do a search on the forums for a slimier question. I'm sure it's been asked already.
"Woah what?! I wish I was recording that...."
chrismew1

Post by chrismew1 »

SilverSound wrote:
Gadavre wrote:Why do you need it? Can you win any bot on difficulty Godlike?
An unneeded response from you. Might as well have spammed nothing.

@chrismew1 Have you checked the User.ini? I know it's a bit mundane but I'm sure you can configure all of the bots there.

though it would be best to do a search on the forums for a slimier question. I'm sure it's been asked already.
Thank you very much i will look into it. I tried searching on the forum but it seemed the answers were more towards the Xbots mod.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

chrismew1 wrote:Really hope someone can help me and i have tried Xbots but it doesnt make the number go up to 64 bots in the configure area.
Xbots has its own configuration window - go to Mods -> Xbots Configuration, where you can activate one or more of the lists and then configure as many of the 32 bots in each list as you want. I use Xbots9b and can configure 320 bots without any problems. Not quite sure what your issue is precisely?

AFAIK you can't have more than 32 bots in the list in User.ini.

There are a couple more mods you can use to get more than the 32 default bots - a search of this forum should give you some info on these, as SilverSound suggested.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

I use X-bots, which allows players to configure up to 6 full lists of 32 bots each.

So that's 192 bots.

Don't have a download handy, but it basically looks like this - https://unreal-games.livejournal.com/108072.html
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Terraniux
Masterful
Personal rank: Banished member

Post by Terraniux »

64 bots or higher? Wut?

What kind of project are we talking about? You got my interest now.
(im not a coder, just a enthusiastic mapper)
This member can only post when permitted.
Teuch
Novice

Post by Teuch »

You can add bots in game by this cmd in console :

addbots 1

or

addbots 30

to remove all, it's

killall bots

Maybe the limit is 64 at same time, but in F2 Menu you see "75 bots", or more...

xBots looks cool, can u start map and use list 1 ? Another map and list 2 ?

Can you add bots a, b, c in map 1 and bot d, e, f in map 2 for example ?
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Teuch wrote: xBots looks cool, can u start map and use list 1 ? Another map and list 2 ?
If you want to use only List 1, you need to just tick the box for List 1 in the Configuration menu BEFORE you start the map. Then, of course, disable List 1 and enable List 2 for the next map, again before you start it.
Teuch wrote: Can you add bots a, b, c in map 1 and bot d, e, f in map 2 for example ?
Again you need to check the boxes for only the bots you want to use - xBots9 adds bots randomly from the activated List(s), not sure about xBots - this has been discussed in a previous thread about xBots.