RE: Compile Error

Discussions about UT99
~{kRiD}~
Average

RE: Compile Error

Post by ~{kRiD}~ »

EDIT: Do to circumstances this dread is officially DEAD. Wasn't meaning to cause any drama but disrespect is disrespect and shouldn't be tolerated. i broke that rule too so i'm at fault here just as well for lashing back. bad day, no excuse. but due to this as SCHWARTZ and i talked about on FB i probably won't get any help after that, nor do I want it at this point. Would HATE to be called a code theif for your help! *eeewww* anyways, thank's for the time and previously offered help. Also, sektor, i'm trying to access back to my old accounts. i'll send screenshots in PM when i'm able to access them again. been many years, apologize for this wait ....

it's been a while guys so please forgive me but .. i'm utterly lost .. was compiling with UMAKE then tried UCC MAKE in DOS, same result each time(s) .. any ideas?

C:\UnrealTournament\System>ucc make UTEPv_1a
--------------------Core--------------------
--------------------Engine--------------------
--------------------Editor--------------------
--------------------UWindow--------------------
--------------------Fire--------------------
--------------------IpDrv--------------------
--------------------UWeb--------------------
--------------------UBrowser--------------------
--------------------UnrealShare--------------------
--------------------UnrealI--------------------
--------------------UMenu--------------------
--------------------IpServer--------------------
--------------------Botpack--------------------
--------------------UTServerAdmin--------------------
--------------------UTMenu--------------------
--------------------UTBrowser--------------------
--------------------UTEPv_1a--------------------
Analyzing...
General protection fault!

History: UClassFactoryUC::FactoryCreateText <- UFactory::StaticImportObject <- UMakeCommandlet::Main

Exiting due to error
Last edited by ~{kRiD}~ on Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barbie
Godlike

Re: RE: Compile Error

Post by Barbie »

Looks like "UTEPv_1a" has some import statements. Do all referenced files exist and have a valid format?
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
~{kRiD}~
Average

Post by ~{kRiD}~ »

they do. as suspected i removed my HUD classes and it progressed further so it MUST be something to do with-in those but.. i'm like -_-
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

Zip up your classes and send them to Barbie or I. Let us try to compile them. They are very safe with either one of us, we will only help you fix whatever is wrong and then the files will be deleted on our end. It's really hard to diagnose from a distance on issues like this. I also have a custom compiler I'll attach here for you to try:
UccComp v2.zip
(17.14 KiB) Downloaded 74 times
It's unzips to an exe but this was made by Iniquitous from UT2004 Invasion. I've used it for years.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Since you don't seems to know the structure of this ("your") UTEP you can ask help from the dude which initially was doing UTES which probably can explain dependencies chained here...
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Adept

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

@ Nels "kRid actually asked me on facebook messenger for help". I told him to come here and ask because I was working and coudn't step away.
Anyways UTEP is more about enhancing the default UT weapons like MY own UTEW project.
UTES is more about custom player replication and scoring statistics which Higor assisted me with heavily.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

When exist problems at compiling I would be interested how this thing would work if the start is wrong.
nogardilaref
Masterful
Personal rank: ⚋⚊⚌☰⚞⌖⚟☰⚌⚊⚋

Post by nogardilaref »

I did not open any class or anything, but from the error alone it sounds to me that it's failing to import a custom font.
As far as I remember, whenever you try to import a font into UT, this font has to actually be correctly installed in the operating system itself, it's not enough to have the font somewhere in the source.
So what you can do is to check the font import directives, and if you have the fonts together with the source code, just install them.
~{kRiD}~
Average

Post by ~{kRiD}~ »

.......... You are correct nog and already have it compiled and on server for beta. once it is operational i will post it for download. don't want any (more) bad mods or code. but it does however seem to be a success .. have quite a few players at FMJ server raving on it .. don't want any expectation but think of it as NaliWeapons but a makeover for the standard "stock" UT!