Graphical issues with some textures ingame [SOLVED]

Discussions about UT99
Aldebaran
Masterful

Graphical issues with some textures ingame [SOLVED]

Post by Aldebaran »

I can't remember since when I have graphical issues with some textures that seem not to be shown correctly.
I miss some colors in there so I can look through weapons or some relics.
This issue always concerns the same weapons (from a familiar weapon pack used in monster hunt maps - not the standard weapons) and relics so my question: Does anybody else has the same problem?

I have the newest OpenGL driver installed, but it also happens with the Direct3D drivers/mode.
Also the graphic card makes no difference, I tested AMD Radeon, NVidia Geforce and Intel HD.
I tried some configuration for OpenGL settings (extended ut99 settings) but perhaps someone has an idea which setting I should try once more?

Btw in software rendering mode I don't have this problem.
Attachments
pic1.jpg
pic2.jpg
Last edited by Aldebaran on Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: Graphical issues with some textures ingame

Post by OjitroC »

Aldebaran wrote: This issue always concerns the same weapons (from a familiar weapon pack used in monster hunt maps - not the standard weapons) and relics so my question: Does anybody else has the same problem?
I have noticed this with relics (particularly the one in your first screenshot) sometimes though not all the time - TBH it's not a significant enough problem for me so I haven't tried to do anything about it.
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

Are you using version 451?
Because that's a version that actually "fixes" masked textures imported in a certain way.

The problem though, is that many mods (including a few of mine years ago, when I wasn't very well versed with the engine overall) import textures with FLAGS=2, which is in fact to indicate to the engine that they are meant to become masked and 2-sided if I recall, but that's broken in 436 and most of the time using such a flag is a mistake, but since modders start out by copying from other mods, specially things like import directives, many mods used this flag to import this completely unaware of its actual effect in the end.

So since it got fixed in 451, these mods will look like that because now they are being rendered "correctly", although this causes these mods to actually be rendered in a way the original modder didn't expect.
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

Playing on version v45cancer :|
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Adept

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

Higor wrote:Playing on version v45cancer :|
Indeed it is. Stopped using v451 for hof MH last year.
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

Feralidragon wrote:Are you using version 451?
Ohh :oops:

Yes v4.51 client- and serverside.
Software rendering was tested with v4.36, perhaps that was the reason why it saw well.
I can't remember many problems with v4.51 client apart from that.
Often if other people report problems and crashes while playing I have no ones. My client crashes not often.