Weapon shake/feedback when firing

Discussions about UT99
Barzut

Weapon shake/feedback when firing

Post by Barzut »

Hello everyone, i know its 2018 but due to nice sale on gog i got this good old awesome game. I started to make config using all guides and all is pretty much done for me besides one thing. I cant find info on disabling screen shake when firing weapon. I found already how to disable screen flash and shake when receiving damage, but i had to register and ask here cause i have no idea how to get still screen when firing a weapon. I have gun model hidden and bob to 0, when i move around its perfect but when firing shock rifle or sniper for example screen shakes to left/down side in every shot. I find it very annoying and it screws up my focus and aim a lot :D i hope its possible without mods.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: Weapon shake/feedback when firing

Post by papercoffee »

I moved the Thread into "General" because your post is neither a tips or tricks nor a tutorial. :wink:
Barzut

Post by Barzut »

Sure, didn't know where exacly ask for it but since Im looking for a tip i thought its good thread place:D whatever, i still havent found the solution, firing pulse gun makes screen shaky left and right too. And i want everything still.
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

Hi there!

Perhaps these two threads can help you:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5824
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5913
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

While you have done everything you did, you cannot really stop the gun from shaking in the game because the way the gun was built, it was intended to shake. Else, using add-on to prevent this while playing is basically illegal from what of all I have heard unless something else came up which I never heard of.

Some guns was built to shake, some are built to not to shake. It's all in the codes.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Chamberly wrote:you cannot really stop the gun from shaking in the game
Don't get me wrong but aren't the Weapon properties shakemag, shaketime and shakevert intended for this?
WeaponShakeThings.jpg
The code also tells this (Weapon.uc):

Code: Select all

function Fire( float Value )
{
	if (AmmoType.UseAmmo(1))
	{
		GotoState('NormalFire');
		if ( PlayerPawn(Owner) != None )
			PlayerPawn(Owner).ShakeView(ShakeTime, ShakeMag, ShakeVert);
Attached is a map with a normal BotPack.SniperRifle and a child of that without shaking while firing.

It should be easy to create a mutator that sets that shake-things to 0 when a weapon enters the game.
Attachments
ShakelessSniperRifle.7z
Example map with a SniperRifle without shaking while firing
(2.2 KiB) Downloaded 50 times
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

That's what I mean, you can't change those settings from client side when you enter the server when the gun is built like that.

And not many admins want to make changes to the server for this either... but it's up to them.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?