How many maps poll...

Discussions about UT99
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

How many maps poll...

Post by EvilGrins »

Altogther, unless you wanna list them by gametype, how many maps do you have for UT?

Now, whether you use MapVote, MapRandomizer, or some other map mutator to determine what you play next, how many of those maps do you regularly play on?

Reason I'm asking: I've got 1,420 maps but I tend to find I frequently only regularly play about a dozen of them.

Was wondering if this was common to the rest of you too.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: How many maps poll...

Post by papercoffee »

863 maps ...but I play mostly around 20 of them regularly.
The others are played sometimes.
CTF and DM maps are the most played one. MH sometimes and DOM not that often ...and AS, well, twice a year... maybe.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Over 4,000 (of all gametypes) that I have played and somewhere between two and three thousand that I have yet to play. At any one time I have 15-20 current maps to play on and then once I have played them enough I change them for ones I haven't played - if I like the new ones I keep them to play for a while (if they are really good\challenging, I keep them for weeks), if not I just play them a couple of times. Sometimes I pull out some 'old' favourite maps to play; for example if I come across a new version I may also play some of the 'older' versions.

I play most gametype maps, though not AS, and normally play CTF and DOM maps as DM, using MonsterSpawn. I also play TDM quite a bit.

Spend some time hunting maps I haven't seen before and have just gone through a spate of trying maps for mods like Jungle Warfare and Infiltration, amongst others, in UT.
Hook
Inhuman
Personal rank: UT99 Promoter/Admin

Post by Hook »

Without looking (counting) I have at least a few thousand UT maps.

I use MapVote.

Usually play about 30 to 40 maps, however I tend to forget about many of the other maps so I look for the off maps I forget about sometimes.
(tired right now so may be sloppy posting) LOL :lol:
=Hook=(Member# 626)
HUTP Active Forums: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net/forum
HUTP UT99 Community Portal: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net/
OR: https://hermskii.com/hook/ut99_hutp/
UT99 Server -> CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM}

* Newest Versions of: PRO-Redeemers | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemers | PRO-SEEKER-Redeemers <-(the Original)
and Now with FOOD FIGHT and Frying Pan arena !!!
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777 <-(NEW IP to come)
UT99 MH Server -> {CMH} CROSSBONES Monster Hunt (MH) by Mars007 (The Original) - IP: 108.61.238.93:7777
Carbon
Inhuman
Personal rank: Hoarder.

Post by Carbon »

3441 maps. Too many...UT is very slow to load the selection window. I don't use any kind of tool for maps...I just cycle through them until I find one that looks like it fits my mood. My only criteria is that if it doesn't have a preview, it gets pulled.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Carbon wrote:3441 maps. Too many...UT is very slow to load the selection window.
I've also found it gets very slow with a lot of maps so I keep the DM maps I'm current playing in a separate folder with the path specified in UT.ini and I don't have the path to the DM map folder (where I store DM maps I have played) in the UT.ini.