Weaponless bots

Discussions about UT99

Weaponless bots

Postby BSzili » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:49 pm

Does anyone know how to take away all the weapons from the bots and the map?
I know my question sounds silly and people will be wondering why on earth would anyone want to do this, so here's my story :) In the early 2000s me and my cousin were messing around in UT, and somehow we ended up removing all the weapons from the map (via ingame settings, not UnrealEd), and set up the bots in a way that they had no weapons. We also tweaked the bot AI settings to make them run around like crazed ants. It was hilarious and we made a video of it, which unfortunately got lost a few years later.
Recently we were reminiscing about it, and I would like to recreate the video, but no matter how much I look at the mutators and bot settings I can't figure out how we did it :? All I remember is that it was with the retail (non-GOTY) version of UT99, and I think we used the map DM-Pyramid. Any ideas on how to do this? :help:
BSzili
Novice

Re: Weaponless bots

Postby OjitroC » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:54 pm

You can use sektor2111's NoItems mutator (see Noitems#p97362), which I think removes everything from a map, and then use the NoWeapondm mutator so that the bots start without a weapon (I haven't tried the latter so I don't know if it works or if it's buggy). Here it is
NoweaponDm.zip
(1.66 KiB) Downloaded 20 times
OjitroC
Godlike

Postby Gustavo6046 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:27 am

Or, even easier, press Tab (or tilde) to open the console, and type:

Code: Select all
killall Weapon

What sektor2111's mutator does is redundant.
Gustavo6046
Inhuman

Personal rank: Finite

Postby sektor2111 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:54 am

Gustavo6046 wrote:What sektor2111's mutator does is redundant.
So ? I listen... and I'm waiting to see that map (yours) really fixed not with adds.
For your knowledge "killall" doesn't work for players playing in a server only an admin can do that, that simple. To not forget that map switching won't need commands and keys when mutator is being loaded as a default one.
But given said problem you can build a list with my redundant or abomination-type things and I will take care to delete everything, letting experts* to work because the goal is the quality not the quantity, preventing people to swim through my garbage :agree1: . First stage is completed - links from signature have been removed for a few months :gj: , so in a nearby future I can remove all attachments too for a more relaxed world because I can host them elsewhere at once with other non-UT modifications done by me.

I'm not sure what's funny to see all weaponry removed from every entity Map, Pawn, etc... but I'll try to figure.
sektor2111
Godlike

Postby BSzili » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:57 am

OjitroC wrote:You can use sektor2111's NoItems mutator (see Noitems#p97362), which I think removes everything from a map, and then use the NoWeapondm mutator so that the bots start without a weapon (I haven't tried the latter so I don't know if it works or if it's buggy). Here it is
NoweaponDm.zip

Wow, those two mutators seem to have done the trick! :o Thanks a bunch! :tu:
BSzili
Novice

Postby Feralidragon » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:07 pm

The "killall" command wouldn't really be that great, not much because of online play and whatnot, but for the simple fact that bots respawn, and will do so with weapons regardless unless a mutator prevents such, and you may want yourself, the player, to have some guns yourself, to kill these bots with.

I can certainly imagine the fun in this. :lol2:
Feralidragon
Godlike

Personal rank: Work In Progress

Postby BSzili » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:52 pm

Look, I was 14 years old, OK? :lol: That being said, I still found it pretty entertaining to watch them trying to attack each other without weapons, so maybe I haven't matured that much, lol.
BSzili
Novice

Postby papercoffee » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:17 pm

BSzili wrote:...so maybe I haven't matured that much, lol.

This counts for all of us :wink:
papercoffee
Site Staff

Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Postby Gustavo6046 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:28 pm

sektor2111 wrote:For your knowledge "killall" doesn't work for players playing in a server only an admin can do that, that simple.

And may non-admin players add your mutator to the game as well? I don't think they can. Only admins can add mutators too. So that point is moot.

Feralidragon wrote:The "killall" command wouldn't really be that great, not much because of online play and whatnot, but for the simple fact that bots respawn, and will do so with weapons regardless unless a mutator prevents such, and you may want yourself, the player, to have some guns yourself, to kill these bots with.

That's why I were talking about sektor's mutator. The NoWeaponDM one (or whatever it is called) is a simple, but great, one. Removing items can also be done as a mutator, but only in a server where maps change and restart. In the remaining occasions, killall stands as king.
Gustavo6046
Inhuman

Personal rank: Finite

Return to General Discussions