What I want for ut99 in 2019

Discussions about UT99
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

What I want for ut99 in 2019

Post by EvilGrins »

Somebody to take the NaliCow, give it wings, decent flying speed, and enable it to shoot lasers out of its eyes.

That seems a reasonable request.

What does everybody else want for the game this next year?
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Hook
Inhuman
Personal rank: UT99 Promoter/Admin

Re: What I want for ut99 in 2019

Post by Hook »

More players on our servers! :tu:
It seems that there are a lot of UT99 enthusiasts that do not play. :noidea

More participation of our community members! :rock:
Participate in UT99 forums that we belong to eh! :wink:

Let's play UT99!!!
Participate - YOU are Important to our UT99 Community! :gj:
=Hook=(Member# 626)
HUTP Active Forums: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net/forum
HUTP UT99 Community Portal: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net/
OR: https://hermskii.com/hook/ut99_hutp/
UT99 Server -> CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM}

* Newest Versions of: PRO-Redeemers | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemers | PRO-SEEKER-Redeemers <-(the Original)
and Now with FOOD FIGHT and Frying Pan arena !!!
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777 <-(NEW IP to come)
UT99 MH Server -> {CMH} CROSSBONES Monster Hunt (MH) by Mars007 (The Original) - IP: 108.61.238.93:7777
esnesi
Godlike
Personal rank: Dialed in.

Post by esnesi »

lol flying shooting laz0r nalicows!
EvilGrins wrote:What does everybody else want for the game this next year?
A general UT99 gameserver would be something right!
A central place with all general gametypes atleast.

A public place where UT99org people can play and share passion of the game together.
Offcourse alot of different types of players, but a general server would be something!
Pileyrei
Masterful
Personal rank: UT Survivor

Post by Pileyrei »

iSenSe wrote:lol!

A general UT99 gameserver would be something right!
A central place with all general gametypes atleast.

A public place where UT99org people can play and share passion of the game together.
Offcourse alot of different types of players, but a general server would be something!
Great idea.

Our two servers at unrealsurvivors don't get a lot of use and could be ideal (UK based).
I'd be happy to convert one of them into a UT99.org server if there was enough interest.
Could host mapping contest maps etc.

Our Server

[donate][/donate]
Donate to UT99.org!
MEAT
Adept
Personal rank: better then you...

Post by MEAT »

To many unplayed servers...I'd like to see a collaboration of admins join forces and unify/combine these smaller servers into single shared servers.
Just a thought..

Also, I post very little but I wish that a certain "Tool" would stop posting right after me...geez :redeemer2:
makemeunreal
Masterful

Post by makemeunreal »

What I'd like to see is some miracle that would boost the playerbase once again up a bit.

Well, hope UT will be free as this year marks the 20th anniversary of it's release. Free just like Unreal was last year for the same person.
That would help a lot I guess.
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

"What I want is....."

...not going to help anyone. Close the thread, make a new one:

"What I'm going to make this year is..."
and then you guys not making something spend your time supporting those that actually do. The ones of us really trying are very often completely unsupported or just outright ignored. If someone posts a map or a mod and it's not really your cuppa would it kill you to spend a few minutes testing and offering feedback? I know some of the guys are putting a hundred dev hours into things and creating totally new content (cough BRUT for example cough) that's just met with silence.

Not reviewing or helping things that aren't exactly what you want kills the community just as fast as non-participation. In fact I'd argue it's worse because people making things get very discouraged. Anyhow, just my 2 pence.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Heh, Jack...
Let me introduce something when I was about to visit one of those 54 MH servers in order to not play only in MonsterGamingServer.
Let's see together why I was about to throw up:
[attachment=0]Wanted_MHPlay.png[/attachment]

Excuse me but in 2019 for UT'99 I want more NORMAL ADMINS rather that those with mind gone with boat into some clouds or a virtual heaven :pfff:.
If any of those admins are hating me now, contact me in a PM and I'll send you my IP address. Set a BAN/DENY policy for my IP address and except me from seeing such GARBAGE in 2019- I'll do the same with your server's IP and we might have a deal like some true friends, and leaving me alone with such "GREAT" stuff which I WILL NEVER wait any download of this size filling junks on my HDD-s... don't forget "tmp" files... Imagine what Key I was pressing on my Keyboard in next two seconds.

Shortly: In 2019 I want more MonsterHunt servers not just hosting machines files suppliers ending game faster than the download time.
Attachments
Wanted_MHPlay.png
Shrimp
Adept

Post by Shrimp »

I found that annoying too, the times I've tried to play online after re-installing UT. Back in my day (lol) connecting to a server resulted in maybe a few KB of voting packages or some stuff being downloaded, and we'd typically install well-known versions of maps and mods beforehand (granted most of us were on 56k and downloading in-game was impossible).

Largely an outsider's opinion now, but I think the game's got way too fragmented with 205472 versions of every map and file, so every time you join a server you have to download "new" stuff.

Also, as soon as I see the anti-cheat stuff installing native code, I'm out. I don't trust random server admins pushing random native binaries to me. Is all the anti-cheat actually necessary - is the population of UT and kind of people still playing actually large enough for that to be worth the upkeep and (IMO) security issues involved?

It all just makes it feel a bit of a drag to get started playing UT currently. Perhaps a purely vanilla 451 server or two with nothing but map voting would help at least get people more into it, before they start venturing into all the weird and wonderful server setups out there.

</negative commentary>

For me, I really just want to play more UT in 2019 :). I think it would be cool if Epic did something like release a 20th anniversary map pack or someting, to show they still care (even just a little).
ShrimpWorks
Unreal Archive - preserving over 25 years of user-created content for the Unreal series!
Hellkeeper
Inhuman
Personal rank: Soulless Automaton

Post by Hellkeeper »

I'm pretty sure I'm going to say what everyone really wants but dare not say: I wish for Lauren to sit on my face.
Also UnrealEd 2.0 to have an epiphany and stop doing the "software has crashed" sound on shutdown.
You must construct additional pylons.
Swanky
Adept
Personal rank: Brush Commander

Post by Swanky »

I just hope the engine can handle my new project.
FraGnBraG
Inhuman
Personal rank: Good news everyone!

Post by FraGnBraG »

Good to hear you're still going to be around Swanky :D Look forward to seeing what you're up to :tu:
I have about six maps i'd like to finish off (ctf/dm/dom) some are out already as beta maps.
Then I have three MH map projects to finish off (might just do two, since the third one is not far enough
along and I'm thinking not worth the effort - unless someone holds an MH contest :P)

What I really want to do is get going on "The Olympia Chronicles". I revisited this grand story concept and will spend
a little more time on the manuscript (getting some advice from writers, etc) yeah it's full of the regular tropes but
I think the main story stuff (space sci-fi/skaarj/prison/nali religion) can provide an environment base/settings to
inspire some "modernish" mappage, given the current state of Unreal SP (example, Tom_caT showed me what
Krullor's been up to, and other SP stuff in other product/platforms. You see, Olympia doesn't necessarily have to
be developed in Unreal Engine (227i or whatever) it could use another platform altogether, maybe even UE4.
Yeah, moi's going to be learning a lot regardless - lots of stuff to think about.

I'm also going to jump into video editing with OBS + AdobeCC + YouTube (since Unreal/UT could use more videos, lol!)

I hope some folks like Revelation will return from time to time It's always interesting to see their creative spark!

Cheers
-=FraGnBraG Level Design=- ***UPDATED! even works on your phone!***
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

From Neo-Cairo to UTron, lots of folks had made modifications for UT, and usually I can pull things out of those mods to use in normal gameplay...

...using Tron's deadly discs in Deathmatch is messed up but fun!

Awhile back a mod came out called "Gods & Monsters" or something like that, players could fly and had a range of superpowers.

This year I'd like to find that mod again and find some way to drag those characters into standard UT.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
RocketJedi
Inhuman
Personal rank: I.T Master

Post by RocketJedi »

you want more players? buy 50 copies of the came and distribute it for free at gaming camps and/or schools. Just a thought.

Regarding downloads I agree to much is to much. We have actually reduced the amount of files being sent. I installed a vanilla game install and was annoyed with our own servers LOL

there are other servers using really outdated anticheats and files and they are hurting their own player count due to uneducated admins. What can we do? I have already tried reaching out, but ignorance is bliss..
https://www.vulpinemission.com
Image ROCKET-X8 Server
Image MONSTERHUNT w/ NALI WEAPONS 3 + RX8
Image BUNNYTRACK NY
Image SNIPER DEATHMATCH
Image InstaGib + ComboGib + Jailbreak
Image ROSEBUM ROCKET-X RB