Problem with UT99

Discussions about UT99
hee
Experienced

Problem with UT99

Post by hee »

I do not want to annoy anybody, but I have run into the strangest problem with UT99.

Many years ago I bought the Unreal Anthology (Midway). There were some CTF maps that started out with animals roaming the map (rabbits and cows). They of course did not survive very long during the match. I could also summon all kinds of monsters using the console (or tab). Then for some unknown reason, the animals disappeared and I could no longer summon monsters. The only thing I can summon is the skaarjplayerbot.

So I did without them for many years, but recently I am using the UnrealED.exe to create and modify maps. When I place a monster on the map. It shows it in the editor, but it does not show up in the game (except the skaarjplayerbot). I have tried reinstalling. I have looked for related packages (.u), but nothing works.

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could give me a hint about what might have happened.
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Re: Problem with UT99

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

hee wrote:I do not want to annoy anybody, but I have run into the strangest problem with UT99.

Many years ago I bought the Unreal Anthology (Midway). There were some CTF maps that started out with animals roaming the map (rabbits and cows). They of course did not survive very long during the match. I could also summon all kinds of monsters using the console (or tab). Then for some unknown reason, the animals disappeared and I could no longer summon monsters. The only thing I can summon is the skaarjplayerbot.

So I did without them for many years, but recently I am using the UnrealED.exe to create and modify maps. When I place a monster on the map. It shows it in the editor, but it does not show up in the game (except the skaarjplayerbot). I have tried reinstalling. I have looked for related packages (.u), but nothing works.

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could give me a hint about what might have happened.
Maybe it's cause of bNoMonsters=True in the UnrealTournament.ini? But I'm not sure if it doesn't let you spawn monsters in the match other than not letting you spawn as a monster.
"Your stuff is known to be buggy and unfinished/not properly tested"
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

PrinceOfFunky wrote: Maybe it's cause of bNoMonsters=True in the UnrealTournament.ini? But I'm not sure if it doesn't let you spawn monsters in the match other than not letting you spawn as a monster.
With bNoMonsters=True, monsters can't be summoned via the console.

@hee - the bNoMonsters setting appears several times in the UT.ini, under the various gametypes, so you need to check them all and set bNoMonsters=False.
hee
Experienced

Post by hee »

Thanks. That was it.

-MERGED-

Thanks.

In my defense, I didn't consider that there would be a property for no monsters. I assumed if the designer didn't want monsters, he just wouldn't put them on the map.
Last edited by papercoffee on Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: double post
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

@hee
Please avoid double posts. We allow our member to edit their posts.