Page 1 of 3

ghandijetlauncher

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:22 am
by hee
I was wondering if anyone has run into this problem.

I was trying to place the ghandijetlaucher on my map from the arcticjets map (by loading that map first into the editor as recommended).

The jet shows up in the pawn list as expected, but when I add it and start my game it crashes. Other weapons work from arctic jets except the flying car and the jet.

The arcticjets map itself works fine in my unreal.

???

Re: ghandijetlauncher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:24 pm
by esnesi
By posting the log of your client, when it crashes, it will be more clear what actual is going wrong.
Not always to me, but more to people with UE knowledge on this forum.

Check in your \system folder for the UnrealTournament.log

Re: ghandijetlauncher

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:09 am
by Barbie
hee wrote:The jet shows up in the pawn list as expected
You probably mean the "Actor" list.
GhandiJetLauncher.jpg

Why don't you add the package "EK_map_pack.u" and use the GhandiJetLauncher from it?

Re: ghandijetlauncher

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:54 am
by hee
iSenSe wrote:By posting the log of your client, when it crashes, it will be more clear what actual is going wrong.
Not always to me, but more to people with UE knowledge on this forum.

Check in your \system folder for the UnrealTournament.log


Thanks for the response.

The significant part of the log file is:

Log: LoadMap: Autoplay.unr?Name=Thor?Class=Botpack.TMale2?team=1?skin=SoldierSkins.sldr?Face=SoldierSkins.Brock?Voice=BotPack.VoiceMaleTwo?OverrideClass=
Critical: FWaveModInfo::ReadWaveInfo
Critical: callingGetPerioid
Critical: 1
Critical: FSoundData::Load
Critical: TLazyArray<<
Critical: USound::Serialize
Critical: LoadObject
Critical: (Sound Autoplay.Car 5444566==5444566/5719535 5444559 8)
Critical: ULinkerLoad::Preload
Critical: PreLoadObjects
Critical: UObject::EndLoad
Critical: UObject::StaticLoadObject
Critical: (Engine.Level None.MyLevel Autoplay.unr)
Critical: LoadLevel
Critical: UGameEngine::LoadMap
Critical: LocalMapURL
Critical: UGameEngine::Browse
Critical: UGameEngine::Init
Critical: InitEngine
Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
Exit: Executing UWindowsClient::ShutdownAfterError
Exit: Exiting.

Re: ghandijetlauncher

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:07 am
by hee
Barbie wrote:
hee wrote:The jet shows up in the pawn list as expected
You probably mean the "Actor" list.
GhandiJetLauncher.jpg

Why don't you add the package "EK_map_pack.u" and use the GhandiJetLauncher from it?


Thanks for the response. I tried the package but it has the unmodified ghandiJetLauncher which I am already using where left button fires heat seeking missiles and right button ejects from the plane (or you sometimes blow up).

The Author of ArcticJets modified the GhandiJetLauncher so that the left button does the same, but the right button fires nukes, you have 5 of them and a very good firing cgi.
He does not have a .u file but one can obtain the weapons by preloading his map. However, while his other special weapons load, his flight weapons look like they load but crash at run time.

Re: ghandijetlauncher

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:37 am
by EvilGrins
hee wrote:where left button fires heat seeking missiles and right button ejects from the plane (or you sometimes blow up).

That seems weird.

I use the Qjets periodically (Quantum Jets) which has a similar setup, but only hitting Q ejects you, Right button is standard fire and Left is missiles.

Re: ghandijetlauncher

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:14 am
by FraGnBraG
this all seems weird ...
just in case you don't know britton wesley = zencoder = ghandi... All three arctic jets maps are by him... mods and maps -
the v3 map has the qjet with nukes ... it also has a ghandi blaster and ghandi cars... the cars are pointless imo but ..
The qjet stuff is in MyLevel. load the v3 map into ued2 then click new map without closing the editor , add a cube and all the ghandi actors you want
build save and run and everything works (i just did it :)
not really sure why you want to do this ... but there it is

Re: ghandijetlauncher

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:19 am
by hee
EvilGrins wrote:
hee wrote:where left button fires heat seeking missiles and right button ejects from the plane (or you sometimes blow up).

That seems weird.

I use the Qjets periodically (Quantum Jets) which has a similar setup, but only hitting Q ejects you, Right button is standard fire and Left is missiles.


I do not know what you mean by standard fire. The Qjets in FortifiedJets -> left=missles/ right=eject.
The Qjets in ArcticJets -> left=missles /right=nukes
When I place normal Qjets in Rime isle -> left=missles/ right=explode
When I place normal Qjets in StoneForts -> left=missles/ right=eject

Re: ghandijetlauncher

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:30 am
by hee
FraGnBraG wrote:this all seems weird ...
just in case you don't know britton wesley = zencoder = ghandi... All three arctic jets maps are by him... mods and maps -
the v3 map has the qjet with nukes ... it also has a ghandi blaster and ghandi cars... the cars are pointless imo but ..
The qjet stuff is in MyLevel. load the v3 map into ued2 then click new map without closing the editor , add a cube and all the ghandi actors you want
build save and run and everything works (i just did it :)
not really sure why you want to do this ... but there it is


Maybe it has something to do with the target map. I did not want to start from scratch so I am modifying Stone forts. The britton wesley jetlauncher, if placed in the stone forts or rime isle maps will crash at run time.

BTW why are the cars pointless. I use them sometimes because they are well armored and have a nuke of double the power of a normal nuke. The problem is that you cannot fire a second nuke until the first has impacted. So I prefer the arctic jet because you can launch all five before the first impacts.

Why do I want to do this??????? Because I want to rain down death from above on the map of my choosing....duh

Re: ghandijetlauncher

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:09 am
by EvilGrins
hee wrote:I do not know what you mean by standard fire. The Qjets in FortifiedJets -> left=missles/ right=eject.

Standard fire is what most UT weapons have, that and an Alt-Fire.

The way you describe it, your Alt-Fire is the eject.

That's weird to me.

Re: ghandijetlauncher

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:36 pm
by Barbie
A copy of the map that crashes would be helpful.

Re: ghandijetlauncher

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:52 pm
by hee
Barbie wrote:A copy of the map that crashes would be helpful.


Well it seems now that it is all maps. I made a quick new map with just one big room. I placed the arcticjet in the room and when starting it gave the same error as above.

I wonder if it has to do with the arcticjets v3 that I have.

Re: ghandijetlauncher

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:15 pm
by sektor2111
hee wrote:Log: LoadMap: Autoplay.unr?Name=Thor?Class=Botpack.TMale2?team=1?skin=SoldierSkins.sldr?Face=SoldierSkins.Brock?Voice=BotPack.VoiceMaleTwo?OverrideClass=
Critical: FWaveModInfo::ReadWaveInfo
Critical: callingGetPerioid
Critical: 1
Critical: FSoundData::Load
Critical: TLazyArray<<
Critical: USound::Serialize
Critical: LoadObject
These do looks known to me. I was about to f...k one of my maps and I might still have issues with it...
However, I understood problem. Here is a failure of an object from a package/asset. It is referenced but it doesn't exist, in this case I think if you are browsing sounds "imported", Editor is crashing because... they are nowhere but referenced - sometimes it's the same problem with textures - a recent AMC map was doing this and I had to re-import those textures.
This can be solved by creating separate sounds in Wav format and re-imported in Level where you work. If are still not referenced properly in Level you can add some AmbientSound far away and set them there - or in a mover which is not moving, you can store more than one sound in a Mover. MyLevel should call them properly after that (warning at names and GROUP used) or game will still crash. By any matter, if you are using a package already compiled, Do NOT try to recompile it in this Mylevel from Editor, you don't need this and then, your referenced objects might be gone because Editor...

Re: ghandijetlauncher

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:03 am
by JackGriffin
Why don't one of you guys just pull them out and place them into a properly packaged .u file? Surely the author wouldn't mind, these are as old as most of the players here have been around.

Re: ghandijetlauncher

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:31 am
by FraGnBraG
JackGriffin wrote:Why don't one of you guys just pull them out and place them into a properly packaged .u file? Surely the author wouldn't mind, these are as old as most of the players here have been around.


or just grab the "theGhandiPack" and then you have all of ghandi's original official umod files and zipfiles :D