Regarding JackGriffin

Discussions about UT99
Hellkeeper
Inhuman
Personal rank: Soulless Automaton

Re: Regarding JackGriffin

Post by Hellkeeper »

What a disappointing thread, I was expecting some name-calling and a lot of people taking sides and this is a let down of vast proportions.
Now I know nothing of the matter at hand but I can say that JackGriffin uses of quote from one of my posts as his signature so he is clearly a man of taste, a great friend, a proficient coder, probably a great lover and he is very well-dressed too. I'd vote for him if I could.
You must construct additional pylons.
devolion
Novice

Post by devolion »

PrinceOfFunky wrote:I doubt that anyone is trying to attack JackGriffin's character, it's just a critique, I made a more realistic version of his(and his friend) rain/snow turning it into a single particle system implementing physics and stuff, basically writing the code from scratch, probably except for one line, but he got mad and made the mods to delete my version from the forum.
This of course can give you only two lessons: 1. Don't modify any non-yours project, stick with your projects and fuck off the community; 2. Next time, if the original code lines are very little post your project as yours and lie to the community.
Thank you, atleast theres one guy who understands ( and dares to admit in this forum )

Also not a fine move to post my IP in public @Dr.Flay , is that how you treat users on your forum? :thudown: :confused2:
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

PrinceOfFunky wrote:I made a more realistic version of his(and his friend) rain/snow turning it into a single particle system implementing physics and stuff, basically writing the code from scratch, probably except for one line, but he got mad and made the mods to delete my version from the forum.
No, I did not and the mods are welcome to chime in on this and correct either one of us (spoiler alert: it's going to be you). I asked that your mod be placed into it's own thread because you were posting it into mine and it was confusing for everyone. You didn't like being told to do that and you've held a long grudge against it. Tough shit.
PrinceOfFunky wrote:This of course can give you only two lessons: 1. Don't modify any non-yours project, stick with your projects and fuck off the community; 2. Next time, if the original code lines are very little post your project as yours and lie to the community.
OK, now let's get serious. If you are going to accuse me like this from now on you damn well better post the quotes because I'm going to if you don't. From the release notes on the very first post (emphasis added):
(Developer talk from here on. If you are a mapper you can skip it)
The source code is included, please feel free to recycle as you wish. A VERY large part of this was done by MasterKent at OU because I was having serious problems getting the particles to recycle properly. A key (but missing) thing for weather is to properly recycle your snow flakes or rain drops. If you don't it becomes a hit to the server over time as all those actors are destroyed without a proper garbage collection (more on that in another post). These new weather emitters are done so that the server gets as minimum a hit as possible, considering you are spawning a couple hundred actors in a very short time. I'm interested in testing this further online, I want to see how dense the storms can be before the server starts to show strain from it. The mod is defaulted to an area of 512uu and 150 drops. This gives a solid effect of precipitation without trying to do too much.
Anyways I hope you guys get good use from these. There's a lot of work in there trying to get them right and I'm really proud they are correct. If you do use these please credit MasterKent in your code. He's a fantastic dude and deserves recognition. I don't care about my work, I'll know it when I see it ;)
Now, either post up quotes and proof to back up your mewling or better yet go back to sucking dicks. I don't care either way but know that from now on I'm going to start dealing directly with you when you keep posting shit like this. It's gone on long enough from you and now you have my full attention.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

JackGriffin wrote:
Spoiler
PrinceOfFunky wrote:I made a more realistic version of his(and his friend) rain/snow turning it into a single particle system implementing physics and stuff, basically writing the code from scratch, probably except for one line, but he got mad and made the mods to delete my version from the forum.
No, I did not and the mods are welcome to chime in on this and correct either one of us (spoiler alert: it's going to be you). I asked that your mod be placed into it's own thread because you were posting it into mine and it was confusing for everyone. You didn't like being told to do that and you've held a long grudge against it. Tough shit.
PrinceOfFunky wrote:This of course can give you only two lessons: 1. Don't modify any non-yours project, stick with your projects and fuck off the community; 2. Next time, if the original code lines are very little post your project as yours and lie to the community.
OK, now let's get serious. If you are going to accuse me like this from now on you damn well better post the quotes because I'm going to if you don't. From the release notes on the very first post (emphasis added):
(Developer talk from here on. If you are a mapper you can skip it)
The source code is included, please feel free to recycle as you wish. A VERY large part of this was done by MasterKent at OU because I was having serious problems getting the particles to recycle properly. A key (but missing) thing for weather is to properly recycle your snow flakes or rain drops. If you don't it becomes a hit to the server over time as all those actors are destroyed without a proper garbage collection (more on that in another post). These new weather emitters are done so that the server gets as minimum a hit as possible, considering you are spawning a couple hundred actors in a very short time. I'm interested in testing this further online, I want to see how dense the storms can be before the server starts to show strain from it. The mod is defaulted to an area of 512uu and 150 drops. This gives a solid effect of precipitation without trying to do too much.
Anyways I hope you guys get good use from these. There's a lot of work in there trying to get them right and I'm really proud they are correct. If you do use these please credit MasterKent in your code. He's a fantastic dude and deserves recognition. I don't care about my work, I'll know it when I see it ;)
Now, either post up quotes and proof to back up your mewling or better yet go back to sucking dicks. I don't care either way but know that from now on I'm going to start dealing directly with you when you keep posting shit like this. It's gone on long enough from you and now you have my full attention.
What about you post the link of your topic?
devolion wrote:Also not a fine move to post my IP in public @Dr.Flay , is that how you treat users on your forum? :thudown: :confused2:
Looks like they removed google/facebook scripts for nothing.
"Your stuff is known to be buggy and unfinished/not properly tested"
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

The IP is never private as long as you are on the internet ...or else the internet wouldn't work.
And btw. that's not his/her IP it's a Tor IP.
PrinceOfFunky wrote:What about you post the link of your topic?
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12440

Your dispute with Jack was cut off and was put into our Trash section.
We never delete threads (only spam-bot threads).
If you want I can exhume it... but of course closed and locked.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

devolion wrote:is that how you treat users on your forum?
You may not count. I've been to your bio here, your only posts are in this thread that you setup to badmouth 1 member here, and then anybody who had his back.

I'll admit when I 1st met the guy we didn't exactly hit it off well, but we got past that.

From the sound of things (I'm on a scary number of forums) you've been obsessed with him for awhile, and you only "joined" this forum to rant about him even more.

Members of this forum are here to share their love of the game and stuff they do on it.

You've not done anything like that.

So, to me, you're not a user.
You're a pest.

Or, to put it in more basic terms.... GROW UP!
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

papercoffee wrote:The IP is never private as long as you are on the internet ...or else the internet wouldn't work.
No. Do you think everyone can view reddit user's IPs? Publishing an ip without consent is against the privacy laws since it is considered as PII.
papercoffee wrote:
PrinceOfFunky wrote:What about you post the link of your topic?
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12440

Your dispute with Jack was cut off and was put into our Trash section.
We never delete threads (only spam-bot threads).
If you want I can exhume it... but of course closed and locked.
I've no problems with that, but maybe JackGriffin does, I don't know...
EvilGrins wrote:Members of this forum are here to share their love of the game and stuff they do on it.
I just said my project got hid, it's not always about sharing, most of the time is to criticize cause of envy I guess.
EvilGrins wrote:You've not done anything like that.

So, to me, you're not a user.
Most of the users in this forum never post anything like that, and some just never post at all, this doesn't mean they are not users. If it meant that then these random users I picked from the bottom of the main page are not users:
Spoiler
Everyone judges here, but if what happened to you(devolion) happened to them they would've cried a river.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

PrinceOfFunky wrote:
papercoffee wrote:The IP is never private as long as you are on the internet ...or else the internet wouldn't work.
No. Do you think everyone can view reddit user's IPs? Publishing an ip without consent is against the privacy laws since it is considered as PII.
Then stop sending your IP to us. We never asked for it.
You send your IP without our consent ...that's harassment.

You send you IP right now... look
And that's not a service from our forum.
That little picture shows only the informations your Computer already sends out into the internet. And everyone can see those informations.

And btw. EvilGrins isn't talking to you but to the OP.
PrinceOfFunky wrote: Everyone judges here, but if what happened to you(devolion) happened to them they would've cried a river.
and btw² ...nothing has happened to devolion. You projecting your own grudge against Jack onto a troll.
devolion
Novice

Post by devolion »

PrinceOfFunky wrote:
anything like that.
True, it is not what you expect when you sign up in a public forum that one of the moderators decides to show your IP to everyone else, the service you posted there (papercoffee) shows my IP yes - but it only shows it for me and not for everyone else.

I am aware that my IP ain't private when using the internet BUT there are places where you'd expect that people don't abuse the power they received to reveal my IP and therefore my location.

Heres a quote about this case:
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

papercoffee wrote:
PrinceOfFunky wrote:
Then stop sending your IP to us. We never asked for it.
You send your IP without our consent ...that's harassment.

You send you IP right now... look
And that's not a service from our forum.
That little picture shows only the informations your Computer already sends out into the internet. And everyone can see those informations.
Those info are not public: http://www.danasoft.com/aboutdanasoft.php
PrinceOfFunky wrote: Everyone judges here, but if what happened to you(devolion) happened to them they would've cried a river.
and btw² ...nothing has happened to devolion. You projecting your own grudge against Jack onto a troll.[/quote]
Troll or not that's not the point, I said what happened in my case.
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

Ppl keep falling for my sig :loool:
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

As someone who actually had to work on GDPR stuff (namely build things, change things, even map all the data stored from millions of users, and as well all the processes involved in accessing and deleting said data), I can say for sure that the IP address falls into what GDPR considers personal data.

Of course, an IP address by itself does not represent a violation, but that's a no brainer since an IP address by itself is just a 32bit number with a specific range, and the ranges assigned to specific regions are known as well (this is how GeoIP is able to work and have a distributable database).

However, any association between someone and an IP address does constitute personal information, since at that point in time you might be able to pinpoint who the person behind the connection is, that's why only admins can see IP addresses, so it's not like IP addresses are publicly shareable information, even because what the admins are seeing is just a record from the database, they're not really seeing the connection itself to retrieve the IP address from.

So all the drama aside, it's not cool, not even legal in the EU anymore, to be posting someone's IP address on public, so I ask the admins to please avoid doing that from now on.

This thread is also quickly getting out of control, being purely a flame war at its core, and brings nothing of value to ut99.org in my opinion, so since everyone had their say and whatnot, this thread may as well get locked, and the perpetrator simply banned, since he's clearly not going to bring any value to this place either.

Just my 2 cents
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

@Feralidragon The IP is a TOR exit node, not a private IP
TheDane
Masterful
Personal rank: Happy fool :-)

Post by TheDane »

Regardimg IP adress, do NEVER EVER post it in public. The law is different from country to country, region to region. What law applies? The land Where the server is hosted? The owners country of origin? The posters country?

This is an example law of the EU: https://eugdprcompliant.com/personal-data/
Retired.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

I'm not getting this IP speech. If you want I can write here my IP and after 2 minutes I will change it letting you to ping some air bubbles. This is just a stupid number having as OWNER IANA. Then... if a guy is really evil, definitely his address will be known - not him - but the IP address, as those posted in some "lists" publicly shared. Else if tomorrow I will use another ISP service, definitely IP will go changed. Accusing a guy for some things coming from an IP address ? Did you hear about IP spoofing - M.I.M. - etc. ? Private data is your name, born date, etc. IP is a number which you definitely must know that it's not yours, and then, you are on Internet so take this risk as a default one. When you are using a car there is a default risk for a crash, but you are still using that car... If lawyers there are doing crapped laws (because are dumber than shit but full of power) like some of our government members they will respond sooner or later about their actions, payback time will come for them.
So IP is hidden unless some "entertaining" things are showing up right in first post, and then, people will wonder who is that guy. And they still don't know, right ? And then according to that GDPR Compliant, IP address is private data in "some cases" - Me personally I think it's not, never - I explained what I can do already. In Some Cases - like here - is not even original.

Back in stage, that's a TOR IP ? Why ? That's a private data then ? NO, it's not. :loool: . Why using TOR ? Why those SSH related records ? Good guy, huh ?

My two cents. Keep going. I count pages here, maybe some people might help with images for increasing the size of this topic. Is this even needed ?