What's with Nali5 in CTF-Face?

Discussions about UT99
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

What's with Nali5 in CTF-Face?

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

I was inspecting CTF-Face for some BETA stuff, when I then saw a glimpse of an actor in the void from the orthogonal viewport. Time ago I found out that there are lights stuck in the towers, then I've been told that they are there because the towers were first supposed to have elevators. This time I just found a nali:
mysteriousnali.png
"Nali5" to be exact, which I guess means that there have been 4 other nalis before this one, I have checked the finder tool for the other nalis but there are no any.
Any clue of why there's this nali in the void? I sometimes used a nali for proportions, but then I deleted them of course :D .
Does this mean that everytime a CTF-Face match starts a nali dies? :cry:
"Your stuff is known to be buggy and unfinished/not properly tested"
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Re: What's with Nali5 in CTF-Face?

Post by JackGriffin »

That was my first thought. I'd bet they were there to gauge size and dimensions in some sort of builder room that's since deleted. It's an easy miss if you mass-select the whole room to delete and it doesn't grab a couple of actors.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

It's April fools or mushrooms and vodka.
There is nothing like any Nali in any Face just obsessions like this.
And... BotPack has bNoMonsters=True as default value so a plain default server won't have such things unless Epic will decide (in another April fools day) to do something for UT'99...

Okay seriously: Nali5 is there because Nali4 was pregnant after a party where it got drunk and doesn't even know who rapped it (I believe it was Cow3), and then presence of a Nali5 can be expected.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

PrinceOfFunky wrote:"Nali5" to be exact, which I guess means that there have been 4 other nalis before this one
Counting starts at zero, therefore 5 Nalis must have been there. Did they teleport away?
Last edited by Barbie on Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

sektor2111 wrote:I believe it was Cow3
Well that explains NaliWarCows.
"Your stuff is known to be buggy and unfinished/not properly tested"
Koolflux
Experienced

Post by Koolflux »

Never seen that when I played on that map. Very interesting find.
"I am the Alpha and the Omega." ~Xan Kriegor
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Koolflux wrote:Never seen that when I played on that map. Very interesting find.
Because there is not such thing and it was posted in APRIL / 01 / 2019. - more exactly another useless post outside of thread "LastPostStading The Sequel" aka Spam With No Purpose thread.
Everyone can open map in Editor and can do an Actor Search from Edit menu. There is nothing to even start with letter "N" in this map.
For dummies:
[attachment=0]Nice_Find.PNG[/attachment]

Yeah, "Interesting Find..." The question is: Where ? Which game version with what CTF-Face map ?
Attachments
Nice_Find.PNG
Hellkeeper
Inhuman
Personal rank: Soulless Automaton

Post by Hellkeeper »

Nice one Funky, this one got me by surprise. The green flag last year, I didn't believe for a second, but this one was better. :D :thuup:
You must construct additional pylons.