Infiltration 2.75, version 1.05 extended...about AK47 weapon

Discussions about UT99
gattovicentino
Average
Location: Vicenza (Veneto - Italia) / Santa Catarina (Brasil)

Infiltration 2.75, version 1.05 extended...about AK47 weapon

Post by gattovicentino »

Hi,
does anyone know if there is some fix (The AK47/Kalashnikov weapon is invisible when using it: some mesh is missing) or has it never been fixed in Infiltration 2.75?
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: Infiltration 2.75, version 1.05 extended...about AK47 we

Post by OjitroC »

The AK47 was added to InfiltationUT by the 1.05 extended version. In the properties of the AK47, the PlayerViewMesh is given as 'M16first' - which means that there isn't a first person view mesh of the AK47 but the one from the M16 is used instead. Looking at the code for the AK47 we find
Spoiler
function BringUp()
{
cFOV = stdFOV;
bMuzzleFlash = 0;//Hack to remove flash on dropped pickups
//DrawType=DT_None;// since we do not have a FPView Mesh, we reuse the M16 anims and hide the mesh
Super.BringUp();
bLockedOn = false;
}
So, because there isn't a FPView mesh of the AK47, the one that is used is deliberately hidden. AFAIK this hasn't been fixed.
gattovicentino
Average

Post by gattovicentino »

OjitroC wrote:The AK47 was added to InfiltationUT by the 1.05 extended version. In the properties of the AK47, the PlayerViewMesh is given as 'M16first' - which means that there isn't a first person view mesh of the AK47 but the one from the M16 is used instead. Looking at the code for the AK47 we find
Spoiler
function BringUp()
{
cFOV = stdFOV;
bMuzzleFlash = 0;//Hack to remove flash on dropped pickups
//DrawType=DT_None;// since we do not have a FPView Mesh, we reuse the M16 anims and hide the mesh
Super.BringUp();
bLockedOn = false;
}
So, because there isn't a FPView mesh of the AK47, the one that is used is deliberately hidden. AFAIK this hasn't been fixed.
So should I see an M16 in FPView ? But I see no weapon (maybe I have to disable AK47 in Infiltration menu, and "forget" its existence, as if it was normal 2.75 not extended version)
Shot0031.jpg
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

gattovicentino wrote: So should I see an M16 in FPView ?
No, the mesh has been hidden by the code for the AK47 - you won't see anything in FPView and this is deliberate, not a bug or a mistake.
Last edited by OjitroC on Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gattovicentino
Average

Post by gattovicentino »

OjitroC wrote:
gattovicentino wrote: So should I see an M16 in FPView ?
No, it has been hidden by the code for the AK47 - you won't see anything in FPView and this is deliberate, not a bug or mistake.
OK now it's all clear, so I will change some settings in Infiltration menu (m16 instead of Ak47... I prefer to see the weapon :D )