loquebot

Discussions about UT99
UTPe
Masterful
Personal rank: Dude

loquebot

Post by UTPe »

Hi,
yesterday, anyway, some team mates told me about a cheat called "loquebot". they were pretty sad and told me people are stopping playing ut99 on sniper servers because of this cheat/shit (you can choose the right term, I prefer the latter). it seems there's more than someone who goes around servers by using this.
actually I'm a bit away from the game and haven't been hearing any news by time...it's a really serious situation o this can be stopped later with new versions of ACE o related tools ? it would be really sad to password the last populated public servers to avoid unknown players entering servers.

greets,
Pietro
Personal map database: http://www.ut99maps.net

"These are the days that we will return to one day in the future only in memories." (The Midnight)
esnesi
Godlike
Personal rank: Dialed in.

Re: loquebot

Post by esnesi »

ACE v1h has already been bypassed, and future versions will always get bypassed.

Serveradmins need a good trained eye (And XC_Spec), and ban those people on hostname/ip adress in the firewall. (or submit requests at gamehosts like gameservers/nfo)

Of course VPN'ers/tunnelers, hostname spoofers will forever remain a problem.
Tbh, i see a plain aimbotter online 1/2 times per year.
Mostly a few days after when a new ACE version has been posted public here
Also, people that use ''set texture'' commands to ''wallhack'', cannot be detected by a bare-eye of course (macros for BT and such, and more)
For such cases, ACE can come in handy.

Good idea to post this ''shitlist'' somewhere public?
I have multiple IP's/Hostnames (comfirmed by multiple server admins) which should just be posted publicly so that other admins can ban these ip's.

Public pillory ftw in such situations with a 20 year old game.
Last edited by esnesi on Fri May 03, 2019 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheDane
Masterful
Personal rank: Happy fool :-)

Post by TheDane »

this is no new thing, it has always been and will always be.

Some players just can't handle how pathetic they are at playing games.........

Forget trying to beat them with anticheats, it's impossible, leave the punishment to good old karma - karma will eventualy get anyone, trust me!
Retired.
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

iSenSe wrote:ACE v1h has already been bypassed, and future versions will always get bypassed.
The bypass list can be found here.
Last edited by papercoffee on Thu May 02, 2019 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited the link out.
"Your stuff is known to be buggy and unfinished/not properly tested"
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

PrinceOfFunky wrote:
iSenSe wrote:ACE v1h has already been bypassed, and future versions will always get bypassed.
The bypass list can be found here.
Edited the link out.
Next time send this link to Anth and don't post it openly on our forum.
I don't want search-engin-crawler to find this post and link those douchebags over our page to cheats.
Capiche?
Hook
Inhuman
Personal rank: UT99 Promoter/Admin

Post by Hook »

TheDane used to have the "Wall Of Shame" on his site.
LOL remember that? :tu:
=Hook=(Member# 626)
HUTP Active Forums: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net/forum
HUTP UT99 Community Portal: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net/
OR: https://hermskii.com/hook/ut99_hutp/
UT99 Server -> CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM}

* Newest Versions of: PRO-Redeemers | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemers | PRO-SEEKER-Redeemers <-(the Original)
and Now with FOOD FIGHT and Frying Pan arena !!!
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777 <-(NEW IP to come)
UT99 MH Server -> {CMH} CROSSBONES Monster Hunt (MH) by Mars007 (The Original) - IP: 108.61.238.93:7777
esnesi
Godlike
Personal rank: Dialed in.

Post by esnesi »

Hook wrote:TheDane used to have the "Wall Of Shame" on his site.
LOL remember that? :tu:
Sounds good, especially in these final days with the 20th anniversary coming up.
But i don't think (assume) that ut99org will ''approve'' such behaviour. (privacy rules these days..)

Although it's of course for the protection of the precious clean playerbase ;)
Admins could work together on a thread ?
UT Sniper (SJA94)
Inhuman
Personal rank: Retard

Post by UT Sniper (SJA94) »

I would make a site, but I think you could get in legal trouble posting ips/hwid in public. But I do plan on adding an ACE extension to NUTStats, so you don't have to manually load each log file/image.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

UT Sniper (SJA94) wrote:I would make a site, but I think you could get in legal trouble posting ips/hwid in public.
iSenSe wrote:But i don't think (assume) that ut99org will ''approve'' such behaviour. (privacy rules these days..)
I must ask about a public IP address from a PUB or such, I must ask if you know the real names and exact locations of these players. I must ask if cheating is not somehow described in EULA as "agaist rules" and then how do you plan to stop it (Epic, huh ?) Eh...
Keep going with that GDPR crap which is more than unclear and against other... things - how do you plan to capture a criminal if harvesting data is forbidden ? I must ask why Internet Bots are roaming forums harvesting E-mails, etc., Who the hell gave them permissions for that ? As far as I know an IP can be changed more often than personal e-mail address which can be really taken as a private data. Else administrators can see more "stuff", where is GDPR here ?
Don't you see ? It's all done for encouraging cheaters and morons on Internet.
Just my two cents... from my nanoscopic brain.
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

UT Sniper (SJA94) wrote:I would make a site, but I think you could get in legal trouble posting ips/hwid in public. But I do plan on adding an ACE extension to NUTStats, so you don't have to manually load each log file/image.
An IP is directly referenced to a location, but its hash isn't, if you save the hashes the more the hash is strong the more privacy the player has. If your website shows some IP hashes and ACE or whatever get the same type of hashes (like both MD5), it can check if the obtained hash is the same of a known cheater and so it would be able to warn the player.
Still, I'm not sure if an hash is considered PII or not. For more info about hashes: https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/blogs/t ... -anonymous
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

I don't like to be the guy who ruin the party ...but a "Wall Of Shame" will never happen on UT99.org.

We have only one main policy: We are neutral ground.

Even Cheater have the right to be here and post.
But if they break the rule and share or advertise cheats on our forum, are they unwelcome*.

*they can fuck off.

Ps.: Sharing any IP in public is a huge NO-GO ...we made this mistake once.
TheDane
Masterful
Personal rank: Happy fool :-)

Post by TheDane »

papercoffee wrote:I don't like to be the guy who ruin the party ...but a "Wall Of Shame" will never happen on UT99.org.

We have only one main policy: We are neutral ground.

Even Cheater have the right to be here and post.
But if they break the rule and share or advertise cheats on our forum, are they unwelcome*.

*they can fuck off.

Ps.: Sharing any IP in public is a huge NO-GO ...we made this mistake once.
This is not beeing neutral, this is actualy making the choice to allow cheaters. I took the choice to go the opposite way and ban them from my forum and post them on the wall of shame. GDPR prevents posting their IP today, but HWID are not personal information and could be posted without breaking the GDPR.

The choice of doing nothing active is the choice to let things happen. ut99.org have the ability to do something active, therefore the obligation rests here - step up to your responsibility or lose credibility.

just my 2 cents....
Retired.
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

The only thing I've seen that was pretty effective against these was there was an account needed to join the server and it is in sync with the web/host like the one at i4g.

You have one main account and no duplicate. If anything looked suspicious, it's up to the admin to decide what's next on their end of terms. If the said account is banned, that person can't join the server. There is no guest account either.

It is something I want for sure... but it also mean having to create a new system for this whole thing.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

Chamberly is right, it's not the only way but it is the best way.

Using third party tools I can easily mask any unique identifier generated on my end. ACE will never be able to uniquely ID someone unless it generates a master list of players and assigns them a whitelisting code. Anth knows this and I suspect it's what stops him from really digging into ACE to fix the few issues that remain. There's just no point unless you can positively ID a player with a very high degree of certainty.

Even given that you could make a whitelisting app you still are stuck with admins making calls on players. Every single time I've helped an admin quietly set up anticheat on their servers they have caught known and usual players immediately and been stuck with the problem of what to do about it. Out them and lose players or just suck it up and move on? Almost always nothing is done. I don't blame them though. It can be jarring when you get to see what the true status of public servers is.

Cheating is rampant and you either accept that or you are not being honest with yourself. Go visit a few of the cheater forums that have public facing sections. Make an account and poke around. UT is still well-used as a training engine for new script makers to learn the ropes for making cheats. That's why there are constantly new things made for such an old engine.

Anyhow it's a nice idea to stop cheaters but it's just not going to happen. Even if it did you'd see servers turn into ghost towns overnight.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

I must say playing with mods is the same as playing with strangeloves, both the things are changes into the game status quo, players initially complain for both the things, both the things give more power to the player, both the things can be used by anyone.
Some players have their FOV set to 130, others don't but they could, and yet a wider FOV lets you see more in the viewport, lets you see players that those without a wide FOV can't.
Not to talk about experienced players... you cannot win against them if you're not enough experienced, basically ruining the game by the "anti-cheaters" logic, also that's not even a thing you can have without spending a lot of time playing a game.
At this point if you want to ban cheaters, you should ban a lot of players who don't use mods, experienced players, players who set their FOV to a wide one, etc...