ut executable problem

Discussions about UT99
darksonny
Adept

ut executable problem

Post by darksonny »

Hi all
I installed win 7 from scratch and then installed ut goty, I noticed a weird behaviour, when I do double click on it (ut shorcut from desktop) nothing happens so I looked into task manager ut its running but no windows is shown, so I felt odd and double clicked again and the successfully opened unrealtournament.exe. But into the taskmanager unrealtournament.exe appears twice? Why this odd behaviour happen? How can I fix this issue?
thanks in advance
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: ut executable problem

Post by papercoffee »

I noticed this as well...
I think it has something to do with user permission. Somehow I got rid of it ...but can't remember how. :?
Deepu
Adept
Personal rank: Average

Post by Deepu »

Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

The reason why it shows up twice in the background because you double clicked it twice... and I'm also having the same problem, but doesn't know where it start but it started a long time ago like some months ago.

I guess it was because I turned off requesting password via properties but I doubt that is the case for me because it's still giving me the issue before I turned that option on.

Now what I noticed is that when I use XC_Launch from the XC_Engine, it doesn't do that. You may also notice UT still running in the background from the UnrealEditor because it uses the default UT Launcher.exe. That is when I have to constantly leave open the task manager to kill it otherwise my unrealeditor becomes unresponsive.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
darksonny
Adept

Post by darksonny »

Hi all and deepu also
Thanks deepu for that fix now it works as should be! many thanks! What did this batch file do to fix the ut exe? its seems something with gameux thing....thanks anyboody for suggestions. Great forum as always! :rock:
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

darksonny wrote:What did this batch file do to fix the ut exe?
This is the core line of the batch file:

Code: Select all

ren %windir%\%wd%\gameux.dll gameux.dll.Ubeogesh >nul
It moves the file GAMEUX.DLL to GAMEUX.DLL.UBEOGESH so that the DLL file is not used any more by Windows.

Probably this file has to do with the Windows Games Explorer, that is started when a game is launched and it looks for updates and information. See also for example Windows 7 Game Explorer interfering with Game launching and A fix for Windows 7 and Game Explorer.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Deepu
Adept
Personal rank: Average

Post by Deepu »

:tu:
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Yes, the Game Explorer ...you have to kill UT out of that list and then deactivate the service.

Now I remember again ... I'm getting old.
darksonny
Adept

Post by darksonny »

Barbie wrote:
darksonny wrote:What did this batch file do to fix the ut exe?
This is the core line of the batch file:

Code: Select all

ren %windir%\%wd%\gameux.dll gameux.dll.Ubeogesh >nul
It moves the file GAMEUX.DLL to GAMEUX.DLL.UBEOGESH so that the DLL file is not used any more by Windows.

Probably this file has to do with the Windows Games Explorer, that is started when a game is launched and it looks for updates and information. See also for example Windows 7 Game Explorer interfering with Game launching and A fix for Windows 7 and Game Explorer.
thanks for the info :tu: