Demorec bug or hack??

Discussions about UT99
Tyris
Novice
Personal rank: ]TKK[ Sniper

Demorec bug or hack??

Post by Tyris »

Ok so I sometimes take demorecs, however on some of these demorecs I get a stragnge bug that causes players to completely disappear from the demo then reappear. In some of the cases of this happening I have discovered one of the players in the demo was infact cheating.

What I am wondering is if it is a hack that causes the demorecs to go strange like I have described (since in all cases of getting this bug i have been highly suspicious of players cheating.) or is it entirely unrelated and somthing that just happens occaisionally??
GenMoKai
Godlike
Personal rank: Mapper

Re: Demorec bug or hack??

Post by GenMoKai »

Well... you made those demorecs during online play? Cause sometimes only play have some bugs
EAT THOSE FRIGGIN BANANAS !!!!!
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission
Tyris
Novice
Personal rank: ]TKK[ Sniper

Post by Tyris »

When certain players are in i get this bug, its fine when they are not on...i can be on exactly the same server when they are not there and my demo works perfectly.

I was more asking for comformation if there is a known hack that does what I describe.
nayart3
Personal rank: prog

Post by nayart3 »

Take into acound that the server only sends the stats of players that are in your field of view.