Unreal Tournament 469

Discussions about UT99
Deepu
Adept
Personal rank: Average

Re: Unreal Tournament 469

Post by Deepu »

1) Adding static mesh, improve mesh collision would be great like Unreal227 patched version also the import & export options (bUseMeshCollision)
2) Fixing bad weapons firing Affector.FireEffect(), shake mag effects, found in Bio Rifle, Enforcer's secondary fire, Impact Hammer's primary fire.
3) The crosshair is really not center of the screen.
4) Weapon up error, while dropped weapon picking up there is no proper animation for selecting and shows script warning logs (Note: there is no error found in unreal weapons, only on the Tournament weapon class)
5) When bot has no weapons, there tons of scripted warnings errors
6) Include inbuilt crosshair scaling window would be nice without ace (optional thing), i have created the window for my server, if someones wants that feel free to ask me, i will give the source
7) ScriptWarning: UMenuMenuBar Transient.UMenuMenuBar0 (Function UMenu.UMenuMenuBar.LoadMods:0149) Empty class for object None, don't know explain this :P
8) Improving BSP gap would be nice (just suggested)
9) Fixing Sniper Rifle's down hit aim, look like little up? ( vect(0,0,1), source from LCWeapons )
10) ambient sound weapons bug for pulse and minigun still hearing sound when weapons dropped or another player killed time & firing loop animations too
Last edited by Deepu on Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

Barbie wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:34 pm
darksonny wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:28 pmYou are forced to look for the umx file first over internet if this is needed to load the map
AFAIK you can use any UMX file; just rename it to the one that is missing.
This would only work in offline mode for playing or editing
but however it will not work for loading demo, and online mismatched version on servers as well. Well, with v436.
Dr.Flay wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:58 am Fixes I would like to put forward for inclusion in a patch.

DecalStay Plus
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=12826

Monster/ScriptedPawn Tweak
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=12893

SpecStart
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11569

UT2U1
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4872

Lower priority but useful for server admin or mappers
Weapons Tweak
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=12853

Actor Count/Delete Utility
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=12808

There are also 2 addons that I feel make UT more complete and flexible for players and server admin.
They are XConsole and XBrowser. Them or their functionality would be very welcome.
I seriously would not recommend adding these in v469 because they are just add-ons.
XConsole and XBrowsers are still/can be updated leaving the older versions outdated.

However, if Anth wishes to have optional install available he can but that'll bring in so much more stuff that players doesn't even know what they are without looking at what they are in the first place. It'll get overwhelming. Think about the next generation mods that been generated throughout the years, why would I (or anyone that notices this) want an old thing that doesn't work anymore (Heat, multiplay for reference?)

Mind you, some various other mutators that other do prefer instead of these that already had some fixes/upgrade of what they want. Spec through tele have difference things that does work and doesn't depending on what's set up on the servers and Anth can hard code one in without adding mutator.

Bottom line is when it's a patch... it's not a game with everything installed like how Medor/whoever got the UT set up for other to download and use. A patch should be just only the engine update (ideally), not one with lots of stuff (added mutators and mods) on it. Not trying to sound mean but let's keep it clear, there is always someone gonna argu about what's better than what, it's their preference so I rather have a fine line that doesn't aim favoritism.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
rjmno1
Masterful
Personal rank: masterfull
Location: https://sites.google.com/view/unrealtou ... oject/home

Post by rjmno1 »

Is this new patch server side or client side?Maby both?
unreal tournament 99
®
ImageImage
https://sites.google.com/view/unrealtou ... oject/home mine home ut99 website.
https://richardmoust105.blogspot.com/20 ... ef-in.html dutch blog page about ut99 settings.
UT Sniper (SJA94)
Inhuman
Personal rank: Retard

Post by UT Sniper (SJA94) »

JimmyCognitti wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:45 am How about real controller support (XInput devices)? Please, don't kill me for asking this.
Yeah that would be cool, I sometimes play with controller just for the lols, It's weird how alien it feels.
DarkBeemo
Novice

Post by DarkBeemo »

Deleted.
Last edited by DarkBeemo on Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
I hate everyone and everything.
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

I understand your point @Chamberly they are addons, but that is why I added them last and wrote "Them or their functionality would be very welcome."
Both are updates/expansions for existing things in UT, not new things the game doesn't have.
XBrowser or something similar would not confuse anyone, and make it far easier for newbies to make sure their masterserver settings are what they need.
Pretty much only mappers, modders and server admin use the console anyway so should be at home with the XConsole features.
Players and admin would welcome the better control of recording and playing demos, the ability to add new game-types for the filters, and to make use of blacklisting.

All of MrLoathsomes fixes are for issues that have been found in the game, and either offer user control for debugging or simply improve on the existing code, thus improving mod compatibility, game speed and avoiding errors filling the logs.
Reading their own threads will clarify why they should be considered for replacing the existing functions in the code base, not added as extras.
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

DarkBeemo wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:46 pm I hope you guys are able to fix the "gigantic weapons" bug that occurs on higher FOV values.
Can you explain how I can get this? Tell me more so we can check it out.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

Chamberly wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:45 am
DarkBeemo wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:46 pm I hope you guys are able to fix the "gigantic weapons" bug that occurs on higher FOV values.
Can you explain how I can get this? Tell me more so we can check it out.
I use a FOV of 130 and when carrying the warheadlauncher I can't see what's next to me.
"Your stuff is known to be buggy and unfinished/not properly tested"
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

For all "requests" there is a... "NOTE". Adding new classes means BREAKING backward compatibility which is not the goal for an update. By any matter ADDING sanity checks and new builders to Editor for various purposes won't hurt anything. And... seriously some servers have protections - FOV 130 might not be accepted and it's not a standard value after all. There are here admins asking for protections against FOV changes. Let's step in priority things instead of speaking about "news" incompatible with original UT. U227 has great things but it breaks old versions a lot. StaticMesh it's one of reasons making a new map to not be used in old versions and neither in current UT 451b - is this even necessary ? Are A.I. pawns able to manage such things - visibility here ? You know... I worked harder to mask coronas while an obstruction having a mesh is placed between "eye" and light - this fix could be done natively in a better render...
Perhaps "Bonus type" things are welcomed for users which want something different instead if potential new bugs implementation, just saying...
Last time some newer natives shared through forum weren't made me too happy...
And... maybe DistanceLightning which is TRASH On-Line can be solved at once with other EPIC plonks, limitations and game crushers.
What is doable at Pawns ? Let's say that orders which have no meaning can be Removed to NONE ignoring "creative" mappers which have no clue what they do in Editor, at once with some data capping and recovery - movers with stayopentime = 2193721394612395 or such "solutions" because we don't know bTriggerOnceOnly and neither the rest of properties...
List with priority needs is much longer...
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

(These points are not in order or priority)

1) Decals are not visible in zones with bFogZone=True;
2) Decals are not visible in the editor;
3) API Wrapper/s to let external scripts communicate with UT without using TCP or files;
4) Warp zones X/Y axis should be able to mirror without draw glitches (for now it is not possible to have the exact mirrored copy of a source room as a destination one);
5) bItems, which is set as parameter for Level.ServerTravel(), should be accessible outside of that function. Basically, it sets an internal variable which if True lets the server travels the player's inventory and if False does nothing. The only way of setting it is by attempting to switch map;
6) A workaround to mismatches would be good;
7) WarpZones between servers maybe? (The feature has been left incomplete);
8) Actors shadows;
9) Multiple HUDs, maybe with a "nextHUD" chain;
10) Make the event Pawn.ClientHearSound() called;
TheDane
Masterful
Personal rank: Happy fool :-)

Post by TheDane »

Read up on the "official" page as this was extremely interesting.

Bummer that it has to be backwards compatible. The game is ruined by cheaters and server crashers. If you where to rewrite the engine, say Canvas, PlayerPawn, Rotation/location related actors, you would render ALL cheats ever made useless - giving the game a new chance to grow. Bug fixing will not add anything positive to the player base. So, I'll keep my status as retired - I would return to modding IF the engine was rewritten and NOT backwards compatible. Players would then have a choice to choose old servers or new servers as you could make only the compatible servers show up in the game browsers.
Retired.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

For point 1) There is a native restriction for some "EPIC" reason - I think in plain UT can be done a "toy" unlocking decals but I cannot predict what renders will say... IF I will bypass that limitation.
Point 6) I think is taken by XCGE
For point 7) Me one, I'll remove all maps doing this "travel". Servers have files, files have mismatches, mismatches have DENIAL - no reason to mess with these out of custom scripting. If server A has a class in package and server B will have other file without said class, this heads nowhere - I know and I sustain what I'm saying here, unless client is forced to unload majority of classes, purging garbage and reloading new packages for said server.
The main logic where you lost me is how to render content from other server visible in that warp zone and what files are loaded when a said effect is NONE in current client but "other side" has that thing - Double downloads for such Maps from both redirects ? - light me here... and I wanna see how is the deal with my rocket fired into warp. I suppose it won't kill player from another server where killer will be None or... :omfg: both servers must be connected. Then who will decide master files and how about Server B ending game earlier that Server A and map is changed while warp from A is still loaded - Huh ? There are needed ages of work for putting these things in order and timing.
TheDane wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:47 pm you would render ALL cheats ever made useless - giving the game a new chance to grow. Bug fixing will not add anything positive to the player base. So, I'll keep my status as retired - I would return to modding IF the engine was rewritten and NOT backwards compatible.
How long it takes for skilled coder to do a new cheat for sales ? Not an answer for bugging already done X GB of mods...
And of course an updated UT doesn't mean something a la UTPG, if crushers and debuggers are implemented quality will grow and players will be back captured by crash-free mods. Sample MYSELF, I'm sitting with UT because of XCGE and what I could do in Editor, else I would quit playing UT 4 years ago.
Last edited by sektor2111 on Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheDane
Masterful
Personal rank: Happy fool :-)

Post by TheDane »

sektor2111 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:48 pm How long it takes for skilled coder to do a new cheat for sales ? Not an answer for bugging already done X GB of mods...
The point is, that the old ones don't work no more, so your server won't be need 564 different packages to begin with just to block the most common used cheats/tweaks. About old mods done, they are for the OLD version of the game, there are plenty of modders ready to begin a new era?
Retired.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

For me new era is closer to a no go - if game goes broken for all my work, I won't update anything - seriously speaking. Maps with Mylevel if are going ruined I'll stay with plain UT, I do not have any reason for losing stuff. Neither ages of time available for Editing everything. This was under discussion toward U227 too...
As for such a point this cannot be called "update" but maybe a NEW GAME with everything new - There is no single reason to have inter-browsing for servers as long as they are incompatible - What For ? I can see New UT server but I cannot play here. Why do I need browsing list filled with items without any usage ?
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

sektor2111 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:48 pmFor point 7) Me one, I'll remove all maps doing this "travel". Servers have files, files have mismatches, mismatches have DENIAL - no reason to mess with these out of custom scripting. If server A has a class in package and server B will have other file without said class, this heads nowhere - I know and I sustain what I'm saying here, unless client is forced to unload majority of classes, purging garbage and reloading new packages for said server.
The main logic where you lost me is how to render content from other server visible in that warp zone and what files are loaded when a said effect is NONE in current client but "other side" has that thing - Double downloads for such Maps from both redirects ? - light me here... and I wanna see how is the deal with my rocket fired into warp. I suppose it won't kill player from another server where killer will be None or... :omfg: both servers must be connected. Then who will decide master files and how about Server B ending game earlier that Server A and map is changed while warp from A is still loaded - Huh ? There are needed ages of work for putting these things in order and timing.
I was too much into the same-map warpzones thinking, yeah that would be difficult but I guess fixing these things would be part of the process, there's something that could fix part of these problems, called Level Streaming in UE4.
TheDane wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:47 pm Read up on the "official" page as this was extremely interesting.

Bummer that it has to be backwards compatible. The game is ruined by cheaters and server crashers. If you where to rewrite the engine, say Canvas, PlayerPawn, Rotation/location related actors, you would render ALL cheats ever made useless - giving the game a new chance to grow. Bug fixing will not add anything positive to the player base. So, I'll keep my status as retired - I would return to modding IF the engine was rewritten and NOT backwards compatible. Players would then have a choice to choose old servers or new servers as you could make only the compatible servers show up in the game browsers.
As a modder in other games I must say that mod devs would never give up into finding new ways to hack. When you played a game with mods and those mods are cool you really can't go back playing without mods, especially if the game is unfair (which I doubt it's the case for UT).
As patching a game to block mods can be demotivating for modders, seeing modders rightt a week/month later can be demotivating for the game devs.

anyway:
11) Make coronas not visible when they get outside of a portal drawn with canvas.DrawPortal();
12) Find out how to import/export brushes/maps with properly positioned textures (source code of a software that left that feature incomplete can be found here);