Unreal Tournament 469

Discussions about UT99
Deepu
Adept
Personal rank: Average

Re: Unreal Tournament 469

Post by Deepu »

Last edited by Deepu on Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Deepu wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:54 pm Try this: http://ultimateut.tk/ut_dev/UnrealTourn ... r-Test.mp4
Page not found

We're sorry, but we were unable to locate the page you requested. You may want to try using the menu on your top to find what you are looking for.
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

Tyr wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:50 am
Berserker wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:44 pm

Bug discovered by Ooper
It's not in the original game. I don't have XC_Engine or what it's called. It works perfect with every weapon setting.
I think this is played off from newnet - not sure why no one mentioned that. XC_Engine doesn't do anything to modify the weapons.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

It is in the vanilla game, but it's intentional. It makes the projectile look like it comes from the weapon, instead of your dick.
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
Chamberly
Godlike

Post by Chamberly »

Then how come it never happened for me on v436 - with only default install that it only shoot straight?
Deepu
Adept

Post by Deepu »

Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

It is very slight. Have you tried non-hitscan weapons? Also, maybe you just didn't notice!
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
Deepu
Adept

Post by Deepu »

To me?
KillRoy1972
Experienced

Post by KillRoy1972 »

What I understand is that they don't have permission to add new things, but only fixes and tweaks..
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

KillRoy1972 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:31 pm What I understand is that they don't have permission to add new things, but only fixes and tweaks..
I think anth can shed some more light on this, but from at least what I understood, they can add new things, as long as 2 basic conditions are met:
- they don't break network compatibility: in other words, a v436 client must be able to connect and play with a v469 server without issues;
- they don't change the overall look and feel of the game: in other words, they cannot reinvent the UI, or change whichever makes UT99, UT99 (the latter is a bit more tricky to understand the boundary).

This means he can add new things, such as add new settings, which he did afaik, and even new minor features.
Major features such as static mesh systems and such are a no go, because they violate the first condition, and depending on one's perspective, may also violate the second.

It's likely, however, that anth, along anyone else helping in building new patches, are able to do more radical changes to the Unreal Editor itself, since whichever they do in the editor, as long as it works and works well, it doesn't violate the 2 conditions above.

They may also release new native headers, and even rewrite and create new native bindings to make it possible to implement other things in the game that weren't possible in v436.
Which could open the way for other major features to be implemented, but independently from the patch itself, making it so that the 2 conditions above aren't violated, but the community as a whole can still develop new features.

Case in point, XC_Engine had some fixes transferred over to the patch, but most features will stay in XC_Engine itself, it may just be easier in the future for Higor to implement new things, and distribute those things if the patched game allows it in some way.
Chamberly
Godlike

Post by Chamberly »

Gustavo6046 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:51 pm It is very slight. Have you tried non-hitscan weapons? Also, maybe you just didn't notice!
It doesn't happen that way, it's always on point.
anth
Adept

Post by anth »

Feralidragon wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:50 pm
KillRoy1972 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:31 pm What I understand is that they don't have permission to add new things, but only fixes and tweaks..
I think anth can shed some more light on this, but from at least what I understood, they can add new things, as long as 2 basic conditions are met:
- they don't break network compatibility: in other words, a v436 client must be able to connect and play with a v469 server without issues;
- they don't change the overall look and feel of the game: in other words, they cannot reinvent the UI, or change whichever makes UT99, UT99 (the latter is a bit more tricky to understand the boundary).

This means he can add new things, such as add new settings, which he did afaik, and even new minor features.
Major features such as static mesh systems and such are a no go, because they violate the first condition, and depending on one's perspective, may also violate the second.

It's likely, however, that anth, along anyone else helping in building new patches, are able to do more radical changes to the Unreal Editor itself, since whichever they do in the editor, as long as it works and works well, it doesn't violate the 2 conditions above.

They may also release new native headers, and even rewrite and create new native bindings to make it possible to implement other things in the game that weren't possible in v436.
Which could open the way for other major features to be implemented, but independently from the patch itself, making it so that the 2 conditions above aren't violated, but the community as a whole can still develop new features.

Case in point, XC_Engine had some fixes transferred over to the patch, but most features will stay in XC_Engine itself, it may just be easier in the future for Higor to implement new things, and distribute those things if the patched game allows it in some way.
Your analysis is spot on! The number of in-game features we added/are adding is quite limited, and they all serve to make the game run better on modern platforms. UnrealEd is a different story. We are working towards unifying OldUnreal's 227 UEd with UT's UEd. Both have features that the other does not have. I will post a (very tentative) change log soonish.
UT Sniper (SJA94)
Inhuman
Personal rank: Retard

Post by UT Sniper (SJA94) »

anth wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:01 pm Your analysis is spot on! The number of in-game features we added/are adding is quite limited, and they all serve to make the game run better on modern platforms. UnrealEd is a different story. We are working towards unifying OldUnreal's 227 UEd with UT's UEd. Both have features that the other does not have. I will post a (very tentative) change log soonish.
Do you have a rough idea when it will be released, will it be 2019 or more likely 2020?
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

13) TimerCounter should increase accordingly to Level.TimeDilation;
14) If I zoom with a sniper and I throw it, if I don't have any other weapon then SwitchToBestWeapon() won't do anything and I will end up stuck with the zoom FOV until I pick up another weapon (which is difficult with a tiny FOV);
"Your stuff is known to be buggy and unfinished/not properly tested"
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

PrinceOfFunky wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:35 pm 14) If I zoom with a sniper and I throw it, if I don't have any other weapon then SwitchToBestWeapon() won't do anything and I will end up stuck with the zoom FOV until I pick up another weapon (which is difficult with a tiny FOV);
Oh interesting... didn't notice this.
Have to test it.