Unreal Tournament 469

Discussions about UT99
Doctor Manhattan
Novice

Re: Unreal Tournament 469

Post by Doctor Manhattan »

I hope the UT 469 patch doesn't become the Duke Nukem 4 of the patch world, anyone any idea of an expected release date, even roughly will do ?
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

That one is common and very noticeable in bunnytrack. But still, can't add mod to overwrite the original UT. Only add-on that can still take care of it.

No release date yet just private Mac Testing now.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Doctor Manhattan wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:49 pm I hope the UT 469 patch doesn't become the Duke Nukem 4 of the patch world, anyone any idea of an expected release date, even roughly will do ?
Aren't we a little bit overreacting?
DN4 was for 15 years vapor-ware. 469 was announced 2019.
Chamberly wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:34 pm No release date yet just private Mac Testing now.
^This
For me does it sound much much much closer to 2020 then 2035 ;)
OwYeaW
Experienced

Post by OwYeaW »

Berserker wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:28 pm

Is there a plan to fix UT movement online? The gameplay above is played on 50 ping, it is without NewNet or LC, it's the original netcode. You can notice in the video, when I jump or dodge on the edge of objects, you get this bug where it doesn't register a jump, but it registers a jump sound. And also you can clearly notice the warp that happens when i jump on the edge of things. I warp and teleport straight down to the ground. This bug is very hard to reproduce with low ping (in this case 50). I tried to reproduce this bug for about an hour and managed to get 3 jumps on video to showcase how broken UT movement is.

Another thing is that Newnet has the smoothest movement ever. It is amazing even on high ping. Maybe that can get a lead to something.
these bugs happen to me a lot as well; you hear the dodge or jump sound, but you just run off the edge
ping doesnt seem to matter with this bug, im consistently getting these bugs with 20 ping

talking about the online movement in UT; i think it definitely needs a patch

for example the extra dodge delay because of ping; playing with 100+ ping basically breaks the dodge mechanic
even if you have like 20 ping you cant dodge the same as when playing offline

imo this is one of the main reasons why NewNet is so popular, it fixes the flawed online movement
UT Sniper (SJA94)
Inhuman
Personal rank: Retard

Post by UT Sniper (SJA94) »

Don't know if it's already been fixed, but can you add the "Voice Messages" tick box to the audio tab while being a player, you can only do it as a spectator currently:

Que
Inhuman
Personal rank: ...

Post by Que »

I had a player on our servers with Newnet enabled and his ping was over 550ms and he reckons it was as smooth as if he was offline.. also from my side his movement was fluid and not Skippy like good ole UT +100ms ping.

Whatever Blackmagic/voodoo this NewNet is , it's gonna be several years before anything tops it.. unless Higor has something up his sleave ;)
*Join our Discord Here.*
Our mods - MVX , SSB , SmartWFL , UTCmds , BotCommands , Smart Stats , join/leave announcer , NoSmoke , UTLogin , BrightSkins , Server Tran…
*Our Servers
Chamberly
Godlike

Post by Chamberly »

Still, newnet is still exploitable. It can always be added as a mutator/server actor though.
huvgoga
Novice

Post by huvgoga »

huvgoga wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:27 pm

It seems that I can't send PMs yet, so is there another way to contact anth (or whoever is the lead developer of this patch)? There's an issue I'd like to talk about in private.
Anything? I think this issue is pretty important.
Sp0ngeb0b
Adept

Post by Sp0ngeb0b »

You should be able to contact anth on the UT99.org discord server.

Edit: On topic. I have noticed that mods using subclasses of the UBrowserHTTPClient are unable to connect to https sites. I haven't looked deeper into it, i.e. this might be absolutely logical since there is probably no SSL/TLS support in UT. Is this something which can be added for 469? This will be quite handy for servers I believe
Website, Forum & UTStats

Nexgen Server Controller || My plugins & mods on GitHub
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

41) A non-blocking way of taking screenshots. Currently "shot" command freezes the game graphics until the screenshot is saved.
42) I think the command "shot" doesn't take brightness in account (not sure if "sshot" was able to fix it tho).
43) Not sure if the "shot" command is asynchronous, but if I call a Canvas draw function right before "shot" is called the screenshot won't feature the drawn stuff.
44) When exiting PressureZone while having a FOV different from the default (100) the FOV will be reset to the default temporarily.
"Your stuff is known to be buggy and unfinished/not properly tested"
ShaiHulud
Adept

Post by ShaiHulud »

Sp0ngeb0b wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:37 pm I have noticed that mods using subclasses of the UBrowserHTTPClient are unable to connect to https sites. I haven't looked deeper into it, i.e. this might be absolutely logical since there is probably no SSL/TLS support in UT. Is this something which can be added for 469? This will be quite handy for servers I believe
I've thought about this too Sponge, and briefly contemplated a project based around finding a solution. As a workaround I've found that using a "proxy" PHP script does a good job. In this scenario you send your HTTP request to a PHP script, which then uses curl / fopen / file_get_contents / [other] to forward your request to the intended host, and finally passes back the response to your HTTP client. I've used this technique with PHP scripts hosted by two different providers - as you'd imagine web hosts have set up their environment to handle all of the SSL/TLS stuff, so it should just work.

Edit: assuming you have web host (for your proxy script) that doesn't enforce HTTPS only connections of course!
Chamberly
Godlike

Post by Chamberly »

PrinceOfFunky wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:15 pm 41) A non-blocking way of taking screenshots. Currently "shot" command freezes the game graphics until the screenshot is saved.
42) I think the command "shot" doesn't take brightness in account (not sure if "sshot" was able to fix it tho).
43) Not sure if the "shot" command is asynchronous, but if I call a Canvas draw function right before "shot" is called the screenshot won't feature the drawn stuff.
44) When exiting PressureZone while having a FOV different from the default (100) the FOV will be reset to the default temporarily.
On 41 that only happens to me if I have Precache on.

42 - that depends on your render driver. If you look around and find in openGL/D3D9 etc. there is GammaCorrectScreenshot= need to be set to be True so it'll be brighter.

44 - I haven't paid attention...
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

45) When pressing Esc while holding the OpenVoiceMenu key, the voice menu will close but the cursor will still be available;
46) The game isn't notified about key press/release when switching between in-game and in-main-menu. This can lead to permanent bugs until the game is restarted, e.g. Following the 45th point above, if we keep holding OpenVoiceMenu key and press Esc once more the cursor won't be available, then if we press Esc again the main menu will be shown and if we release V and come back to play in-game we won't be able to open the voice menu anymore.
47) Texture animations keep playing when in main menu, maybe it's an issue with "playersonly";
"Your stuff is known to be buggy and unfinished/not properly tested"
Chamberly
Godlike

Post by Chamberly »

45 That happens to be a thing, done that a lot.

46 I abuse this at random times and didn't realize it because I use the voice menu to hold fire while I go AFK.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

PrinceOfFunky wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:34 pm 45) When pressing Esc while holding the OpenVoiceMenu key, the voice menu will close but the cursor will still be available;
Can't see why one would do that (it's not easy to do if your OpenVoiceMenu key is a long way from Esc) but if, when you have done that, you let go of the VoiceMenu key and press Esc the cursor will go.