Unreal Tournament 469

Discussions about UT99
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Re: Unreal Tournament 469

Post by Chamberly »

But however, if it can't be done with no mod used/default weapon only, it's coming from the other mod (I've seen it happen on modified sniper and such) so it's a different story.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
Chronelium
Novice

Post by Chronelium »

Chamberly wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:34 pm But however, if it can't be done with no mod used/default weapon only, it's coming from the other mod (I've seen it happen on modified sniper and such) so it's a different story.
I haven't quite had what Berserker's video showed happen, where it zooms in with another weapon entirely, so that might be due to other mods (FWS?). However, the Sniper Rifle itself zooming in all the way when you don't intend it to is definitely possible without mods, unless, again, it's just my game installation acting up. But I've had this bug for as long as I can remember, so I doubt it's just me.
Hook
Inhuman
Personal rank: UT99 Promoter/Admin

Post by Hook »

Chronellium, interesting that you brought up about the Sniper Rifle itself zooming in all the way when you don't intend it to.
I found that it can depend on how far away the area you are looking through the scope at, is.
I often have to point the scoped weapon at a closer area to get the zoom to go to the intended lesser zooming increment.
I wonder if this was intended by design? :noidea
It does seem awkward and a bit clumsy at any rate though.
=Hook=(Member# 626)
HUTP Active Forums: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net/forum
HUTP UT99 Community Portal: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net/
OR: https://hermskii.com/hook/ut99_hutp/
UT99 Server -> CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM}

* Newest Versions of: PRO-Redeemers | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemers | PRO-SEEKER-Redeemers <-(the Original)
and Now with FOOD FIGHT and Frying Pan arena !!!
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777 <-(NEW IP to come)
UT99 MH Server -> {CMH} CROSSBONES Monster Hunt (MH) by Mars007 (The Original) - IP: 108.61.238.93:7777
Chamberly
Godlike

Post by Chamberly »

Chronelium wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:47 am
Chamberly wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:34 pm But however, if it can't be done with no mod used/default weapon only, it's coming from the other mod (I've seen it happen on modified sniper and such) so it's a different story.
I haven't quite had what Berserker's video showed happen, where it zooms in with another weapon entirely, so that might be due to other mods (FWS?). However, the Sniper Rifle itself zooming in all the way when you don't intend it to is definitely possible without mods, unless, again, it's just my game installation acting up. But I've had this bug for as long as I can remember, so I doubt it's just me.
Well the server he played on when that happened is LC I think unless anything else add on to it and it give this effect. Normally this behavior doesn't happen in reg stock weapons.
Chronelium
Novice

Post by Chronelium »

Hook wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:50 am I found that it can depend on how far away the area you are looking through the scope at, is.
That doesn't seem to be the case in my experience. I tried looking directly at a wall and zooming in, and also looking down a long hallway and zooming; the bug happens consistently in both cases.
Chamberly wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:52 am Well the server he played on when that happened is LC I think unless anything else add on to it and it give this effect. Normally this behavior doesn't happen in reg stock weapons.
Interesting. You tested it and it doesn't happen for you? It might really be just on my end, then. I made a video showing what it looks like; pay attention to the mouse overlay to see that I'm not holding the zoom button:

As you can see I had no mutators loaded, and the server I tried is, I believe, completely stock.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Chronelium wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:55 am Interesting. You tested it and it doesn't happen for you? It might really be just on my end, then. I made a video showing what it looks like; pay attention to the mouse overlay to see that I'm not holding the zoom button:
Now, this bug looks familiar.
'Did notice something like this but because I'm more a Rocket fanatic, I didn't care that much about it.
Chamberly
Godlike

Post by Chamberly »

Now that's very strange. That doesn't happen to me at all..
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

It happens only very rarely and only in online play.
It's like your zoom won't stop even if you release the button... it's going out to the max zoom level.
Chronelium
Novice

Post by Chronelium »

Chamberly wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:25 pm Now that's very strange. That doesn't happen to me at all..
That is very odd indeed. Perhaps it's dependent on your hardware, game settings, or some other variable, then. I was under the impression that it affected everyone, as I'm fairly sure I had this bug for as long as I played UT, which must have involved several different game installations and PCs. Anyhow, in that case, I have no issue with this not being addressed by the 469 patch.
papercoffee wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:17 pm It happens only very rarely and only in online play.
It's like your zoom won't stop even if you release the button... it's going out to the max zoom level.
It only gets more confusing. As you can see from the video, it happens offline for me too, and I can reproduce it consistently.
ClimateChange
Novice

Post by ClimateChange »

deleted
Last edited by ClimateChange on Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Epic only gave the ok to make a patch for UT99, you might need to contact Epic themselves if they plan on letting anyrhing done on UT2004 :/
Hellkeeper
Inhuman
Personal rank: Soulless Automaton

Post by Hellkeeper »

Wouldn't that be much harder to get? I think there are a few pieces of middleware in UT200X, starting with the physics engine.
You must construct additional pylons.
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

37) Infinite radius light? It would help mappers making realistic sunlight;
38) Camera to texture, or whatever to texture;
"Your stuff is known to be buggy and unfinished/not properly tested"
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Yeah... breaking all compatibility if possible...
Such realistic sun will never work in 436 - these are doable in big parts with default lightning as I could see in some maps...

Did anyone spoke about those 4 packages that need some love ?
Engine, BotPack, UnrealI, UnrealShare.
Here I think I forgot how many bugs can be solved WITHOUT to break backward compatibility.
ClimateChange
Novice

Post by ClimateChange »

deleted
Last edited by ClimateChange on Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.