Unreal Tournament 469

Discussions about UT99
User avatar
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike
Posts: 1142
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:31 pm

Re: Unreal Tournament 469

Post by PrinceOfFunky » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:26 pm

49) Can we please have multiple timers with setTimer() having a tag parameter or something that we can compare it with the other tags and know what each specific call is for?
50) The progress messages disappear when the voice menu is open;
51) Can we have a way to define hitboxes?
52) Can we have a way to specify if an actor will rotate its collision according to its rotation?

EDIT(s):
53) The ability to move the text cursor without deleting characters in the chat (It can be done in the console, but not in the chat);
54) Negative lights (Dark lights);
55) Arbitrary special lits?
56a) Get access to surface's textures, like using a trace that if hits the world geometry lets us know the texture applied on that surface;
56b) In case 56a gets implemented, it would be nice for Textures to have a "matter name" variable, so that we can play different sounds depending on the matter name.
57) The event Landed() should have hitActor as parameter other than hitNormal;
"Your stuff is known to be buggy and unfinished/not properly tested"

User avatar
sektor2111
Godlike
Posts: 4715
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 6:15 pm
Location: On the roof.

Re: Unreal Tournament 469

Post by sektor2111 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:35 am

Yes, you can have - only you, because it breaks a lot of things so your server will sit there solid as a rock because nothing can join to do damage :loool: due to INCOMPATIBILITY. UE1 it's not intended to mess classes unless you want to edit a map in Editor from UT update 451 - yeah, that's perhaps a good thing to you - as example of a fantasy never asked by anybody.

Samples ? Sure... those Thievery games servers where I couldn't ever join because I do not have content added and new natives, and I don't recall any player listed in browser connected there - or I was sleeping when they were playing :sleep: .

When you are tired, I'll send you a document from some UT update done in the past. There is listed incompatibility from v400 to whatever was bigger than 440 and so on. NOTHING works if some structures are changed/added, else you can try a client 451 in some 436 servers trying to play a few maps... Huh ? And no, Not games are guilty if you cannot join, but the fancy "UT update" it's no longer compatible.
Like I said, a bonus pack as an extension would be much better and perhaps having a special update menu -client stuff only- in case that are needed new natives, else I have doubts about who will play and where and how... Such a Bonus Updater might be welcomed for default 436 as a new menu boosted with another sort of natives.
And then....
PrinceOfFunky wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:26 pm
57) The event Landed() should have hitActor as parameter other than hitNormal;
I think... Is this called BUMP ? Existing already ?

User avatar
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike
Posts: 1142
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:31 pm

Re: Unreal Tournament 469

Post by PrinceOfFunky » Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:24 am

sektor2111 wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:35 am
Yes, you can have - only you, because it breaks a lot of things so your server will sit there solid as a rock because nothing can join to do damage :loool: due to INCOMPATIBILITY. UE1 it's not intended to mess classes unless you want to edit a map in Editor from UT update 451 - yeah, that's perhaps a good thing to you - as example of a fantasy never asked by anybody.

Samples ? Sure... those Thievery games servers where I couldn't ever join because I do not have content added and new natives, and I don't recall any player listed in browser connected there - or I was sleeping when they were playing :sleep: .

When you are tired, I'll send you a document from some UT update done in the past. There is listed incompatibility from v400 to whatever was bigger than 440 and so on. NOTHING works if some structures are changed/added, else you can try a client 451 in some 436 servers trying to play a few maps... Huh ? And no, Not games are guilty if you cannot join, but the fancy "UT update" it's no longer compatible.
Like I said, a bonus pack as an extension would be much better and perhaps having a special update menu -client stuff only- in case that are needed new natives, else I have doubts about who will play and where and how... Such a Bonus Updater might be welcomed for default 436 as a new menu boosted with another sort of natives.
And then....
PrinceOfFunky wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:26 pm
57) The event Landed() should have hitActor as parameter other than hitNormal;
I think... Is this called BUMP ? Existing already ?
If you have incompatibility, just update. That's one thing patches can do, they can be installed on multiple computers.
Bump() has no HitNormal therefore you cannot know if you landed on the actor or not.
"Your stuff is known to be buggy and unfinished/not properly tested"

User avatar
sektor2111
Godlike
Posts: 4715
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 6:15 pm
Location: On the roof.

Re: Unreal Tournament 469

Post by sektor2111 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:50 am

BUMP it's called when two actors are bumping into each-other doesn't matter from where is coming which one, left, right, up or even down. Landed it's for geometry hit - horizontal geometry, for vertical geometry we do have HitWall if you have hear of it. You'd better check some UT decorations and see how are BOTH used - I used those things too without any rocket science.
PrinceOfFunky wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:24 am
If you have incompatibility, just update. That's one thing patches can do, they can be installed on multiple computers.
Then, you might want to hint us what to do with that Editor in 451 - what patches can be applied. NO One did anything ever so far and issues with 451/451b players in 436 servers ARE STILL A problem since forever. What patches ? Where are these ? Give us a web link. Did you ever do a conformed package for figuring what I'm trying to say ? By example another fixed UnrealShare conformed with original from 436 having fixes at monsters. When you'll have such thing working you will understand what I'm trying to say for a few weeks.
You can do an experiment. Make a mutator and then modify internal structure and conform it with initial Generation 1 - yes, for preventing a mismatch. Go figure what's happening when structures are changed and Server used one and Client other one and switch sides. You won't solve anything with any mother of patches if these are INCOMPATIBLE/CHANGED.

User avatar
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike
Posts: 1142
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:31 pm

Re: Unreal Tournament 469

Post by PrinceOfFunky » Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:46 pm

sektor2111 wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:50 am
BUMP it's called when two actors are bumping into each-other doesn't matter from where is coming which one, left, right, up or even down. Landed it's for geometry hit - horizontal geometry, for vertical geometry we do have HitWall if you have hear of it. You'd better check some UT decorations and see how are BOTH used - I used those things too without any rocket science.
That's why it would be nice to have the actor in Landed(), HitWall literally states the actor hit a wall, which theoretically means the level geometry, so it's a misleading name.
sektor2111 wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:50 am
PrinceOfFunky wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:24 am
If you have incompatibility, just update. That's one thing patches can do, they can be installed on multiple computers.
Then, you might want to hint us what to do with that Editor in 451 - what patches can be applied. NO One did anything ever so far and issues with 451/451b players in 436 servers ARE STILL A problem since forever. What patches ? Where are these ? Give us a web link. Did you ever do a conformed package for figuring what I'm trying to say ? By example another fixed UnrealShare conformed with original from 436 having fixes at monsters. When you'll have such thing working you will understand what I'm trying to say for a few weeks.
You can do an experiment. Make a mutator and then modify internal structure and conform it with initial Generation 1 - yes, for preventing a mismatch. Go figure what's happening when structures are changed and Server used one and Client other one and switch sides. You won't solve anything with any mother of patches if these are INCOMPATIBLE/CHANGED.
The eitor is just client side, just use the standalone version and it will never depend on the UT patches (Although I know that the standalone version is not official).
"Your stuff is known to be buggy and unfinished/not properly tested"

User avatar
sektor2111
Godlike
Posts: 4715
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 6:15 pm
Location: On the roof.

Re: Unreal Tournament 469

Post by sektor2111 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:17 pm

StandAlone comes from a 436 version - it is a 436 version that have some tweaks - I did not find yet any document mentioning what was fixed there, after all I do not have any problem with my Editor, I'm even randomly using that from 451 for checks - packages, not for mapping because that's not mapping, 451 is a failure from all angles. A future version conformed with that 451 will go nowhere if some natives are not changed properly.

User avatar
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike
Posts: 1142
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:31 pm

Re: Unreal Tournament 469

Post by PrinceOfFunky » Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:34 pm

sektor2111 wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:17 pm
StandAlone comes from a 436 version - it is a 436 version that have some tweaks - I did not find yet any document mentioning what was fixed there, after all I do not have any problem with my Editor, I'm even randomly using that from 451 for checks - packages, not for mapping because that's not mapping, 451 is a failure from all angles. A future version conformed with that 451 will go nowhere if some natives are not changed properly.
There are already changes that would break the compatibility in 469 anyway.

EDIT:
58) A way to call states functions without being in those specific states would be good;
"Your stuff is known to be buggy and unfinished/not properly tested"

User avatar
sektor2111
Godlike
Posts: 4715
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 6:15 pm
Location: On the roof.

Re: Unreal Tournament 469

Post by sektor2111 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:48 am

PrinceOfFunky wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:34 pm
58) A way to call states functions without being in those specific states would be good;
Already doable using functions OUT of STATE and checking from which state are executed, only dealing with specified sequences.
This actually breaks a lot especially at pawns having a common timer and other timers separate for each state - good luck, dude, with your way of coding...

I think Anthrax is smarter enough to discard dumb requests which will ruin everything.

For the record if UT469 breaks all my work, then I won't update anything. Cyas in July... :tu:

User avatar
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike
Posts: 1142
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:31 pm

Re: Unreal Tournament 469

Post by PrinceOfFunky » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:04 pm

sektor2111 wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:48 am
Already doable using functions OUT of STATE and checking from which state are executed, only dealing with specified sequences.
This is a workaround, not a solution. Sometimes you don't want to modify the pre-existing code. PlayerPawn, for example, has the function Dodge() only in the 'PlayerWalking' state, of course we could modify PlayerPawn code in order to let subclasses call Dodge() outside of the 'PlayerWalking' state, but that would break everything.
"Your stuff is known to be buggy and unfinished/not properly tested"

Higor
Godlike
Posts: 1802
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:47 pm

Re: Unreal Tournament 469

Post by Higor » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:25 pm

@sektor2111
ImageImage
Image unreal://23.111.157.138:7777
Image unreal://46.228.199.205:7788

User avatar
papercoffee
Godlike
Posts: 9684
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:36 am
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!
Location: Cologne, the city with the big cathedral.
Contact:

Re: Unreal Tournament 469

Post by papercoffee » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:38 pm

@Higor ...is ...is this instant path building?

User avatar
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike
Posts: 1142
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:31 pm

Re: Unreal Tournament 469

Post by PrinceOfFunky » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:39 pm

Higor wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:25 pm
@sektor2111
Will it move in real time while you move the pathnode? :o
"Your stuff is known to be buggy and unfinished/not properly tested"

Higor
Godlike
Posts: 1802
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:47 pm

Re: Unreal Tournament 469

Post by Higor » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:55 pm

@papercoffee not yet, it simply stops the map's path network from breaking when you remove some paths.
So you don't need to do a full path rebuild if you delete something.

This code also runs in the game (most of it comes from XC_Engine).

Wouldn't be such a bad idea to have a "Build selected paths" thing.
ImageImage
Image unreal://23.111.157.138:7777
Image unreal://46.228.199.205:7788

User avatar
sektor2111
Godlike
Posts: 4715
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 6:15 pm
Location: On the roof.

Re: Unreal Tournament 469

Post by sektor2111 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:40 pm

The Opinion:
Today I have done some experiments with a map - using XC_Engine 24 and Editor from 451 - no worries Editor used for building map not Editing because that garbage won't edit too many things. I have to admit that some lightning problem was suddenly solved which left me with mouth open and I was about to lose glasses... and about to fall from my arm-chair.
And then I was crawling around to setup 2 versions: 436/440 for editing and 451 for final build. Things weren't cute at all - a lot of M$ Visual C++ crap was popping from nowhere in that 451 + some funky memory allocation crashes - heavily I could stabilize things using XCv21 - which I liked it in that time. Unstable, v24, it's more or less unstable in editing/testing and I don't know what Libs do I need for it. XC_EditorAdds crashes editor if Paths Removal it's done manually and... attempting a rebuild with XC later. Always I need to Save map and restart everything. To summarize, the work for extension it's not ready and neither so stable.

Conclusion: If Editor from 469 will need some Unknown libs to work then you lost me in advance.
Nice and slow I can handle some paths with XC 24 and Mr Garbage, which are capable to do reports - Including I can count ALL reachSpecs, but ALL, including left overs after prior multiple builds using Plain UScript, and I'm able to clean up map + building a simple network excepting SpawnPoints, QueenDests, PlayerStarts, certain inventories in a few mouse clicks. Yesterday, after a private session and exchanging something, from a map initially having 8242 reachSpecs, 5633 registered in map and 2609 trash data, final result went to... 246 reachSpecs and FULL Bot Support - read again. So to speak Stage Pathing for me it's a nice hobby with your toys and my toys, I'm still LOOKING FOR A CODER (finally I think I'll pay someone - more or less hacker) capable to setup an Editor Extension capable to REPORT NON-COPLANAR surfaces based on Model-Number or Brush-Number or when some building stage goes to screwed points. Map is trash with such a surface, while pathing is more easier to do, but I would like to remove manually LINES (reachSpecs) which I didn't asked for, and adding a line (reachSpec) exactly WHERE I want it without wasting time moving nodes, adding nodes, testing - NOPE, just DELETE dumb reachSpec Slash Add New needed one without writing stories in console. Some Context menu New ReachSpec complete node selected then other selected - say reachFlag 9 or 12, one way or not in a boolean, and.... distance can be automated -> Build or OK or CANCEL.
I have a feature to auto-complete two nodes for disconnecting them - I want reachSpec deleted from TArray too, and reversal, selecting those two nodes and connecting them having a bOneWay option, you know what I mean here + collision and reachFlags. And bring me back some "Floor" check during navigation. I shouldn't USE a path over a bridge which is temporary moved - I split my hair in a Mario map, I did not need such "fix", I had to write a custom node working slowly in UScript since in C++ native it could be faster - and yes a "floor" can be dynamic maybe even including a mesh cylinder as gravity support for pawn. Perhaps using a bool bDevPathLevel2 configurable for whatever options in A.I. games. I think even an Athlon at 1.1 GHz can manage such navigation in a normal map if CPU it's wisely used - else I did not ask for SSE2, I played UT for years without that and I was happy - until I started to host my own server... New libs and compilations are going too far and are way too many machines to be taken in account.
That's all so far - I'll be interested more when I'll have something in my hands for testing things intensive, for the moment I'll go to state hibernating, nothing new in these lasts maps posted around, just the same miserable mistakes in creating non-navigable paths and noise from hands-clapping at walls. It's 2020 and I think we don't have a complete navigation tutorial - read this well - if I'm looking around not many people know what to do in Pathing chapter - Monsters included.

It's page no 13 in this topic and I did not see anything to touch - Are you sure that UT469 is WIP ? Me one I need evidences or it did not happen.

An additional request is for Anti-Social people - exactly - those using unreadable characters :barf: or dumb things in game instead of a normal name and they can't be called by game partners. Solution would be game a uninstall without any dialog or even formatting HDD. Game should have a dignity. I wrote something specific for XC using a dynamic array - there are some strings problems which I don't like, but... it's better than nothing... I could not manage to capture PreLogin... compiling with errors won't show the problem just a dumb Window. This is the moment when I need more real facts than stories.

Chapter not posted yet ? CPU affinity-es in RUN-LINE directly from UCC... or... never mind... I know how to handle these sending UT in any core(s) I want.

User avatar
Gustavo6046
Inhuman
Posts: 937
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:08 pm
Personal rank: Zeta Group leader
Contact:

Re: Unreal Tournament 469

Post by Gustavo6046 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:53 am

You're lucky, Sektor. During the 90s and early 2000s, C was a basic skill (C++ was somewhat intermediate).

Post Reply