Unreal Tournament 469

Discussions about UT99
[rev]rato.skt
Adept

Re: Unreal Tournament 469

Post by [rev]rato.skt »

Could end the error when you have 2 files of different sizes and with the same name, the server fails and does not download the file, you are obliged to delete the file to download it from the server... this mistake is very annoying
Brazilian Server:
Alma Negra - 34.95.189.187:7777
Classic - madruga.utbr.cf:7777
Duel - x1.utbr.cf:6666
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Won't happen if you keep everything in CACHE.

I'm curious about quadshot in 469 - I did not check it yet - shame to me...
Andyyyyyyyyy
Novice

Post by Andyyyyyyyyy »

Ubir4 wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:43 am
Andyyyyyyyyy wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:33 am Will the patch fix crosshair scaling by default? I hate the size of the crosshair in my UT (too big on high resolution)
Before I had the same problem...

The patch is available, and yes there are many new sizes of crosshairs.
It's amazing what they did with the game UI, and has many new options.

The size is 65 MB.
Follow the link below.

Download in "OldUnreal´s Forum":
https://www.oldunreal.com/cgi-bin/yabb2 ... 1578241813
(need to be logged in to access, registration is free if you don't have an account).
THanks, it seems like it's still not public, because it says to me "You are not allowed to access this section.", hope they will release patch to public soon
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

Andyyyyyyyyy wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:10 am
Ubir4 wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:43 am
Andyyyyyyyyy wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:33 am Will the patch fix crosshair scaling by default? I hate the size of the crosshair in my UT (too big on high resolution)
Before I had the same problem...

The patch is available, and yes there are many new sizes of crosshairs.
It's amazing what they did with the game UI, and has many new options.

The size is 65 MB.
Follow the link below.

Download in "OldUnreal´s Forum":
https://www.oldunreal.com/cgi-bin/yabb2 ... 1578241813
(need to be logged in to access, registration is free if you don't have an account).
THanks, it seems like it's still not public, because it says to me "You are not allowed to access this section.", hope they will release patch to public soon
It won't be public unless you are signed in and contacted Anth on the forum saying you want access to v469 beta.

Note: Beta are only for testing and all. These are not finished and bugs will still be around. These builds are also NOT supposed to be shared to another person who does not have an account on the forum to get it themselves.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

I don't know who has account or not, but NfoServers have updated that so called Monster Gaming Server. As a direct side effect, server is no longer (re)starting because XC_Engine installed there and all its dependencies won't run, crashing it constantly. They did not asked anything about possible troubles but simply ruining server. It's surprising to me that after "UPDATE" nobody has figured that server is GONE/KAPUT - professional habits, no wonder. "Best regards" at technical department for "supporting" this server destruction, for which I was working months.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

sektor2111 wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:07 pm"Best regards" at technical department for "supporting" this server destruction, for which I was working months.
Really bad to see own work ruined... :nonono:
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Adept

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

sektor2111 wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:07 pm I don't know who has account or not, but NfoServers have updated that so called Monster Gaming Server. As a direct side effect, server is no longer (re)starting because XC_Engine installed there and all its dependencies won't run, crashing it constantly. They did not asked anything about possible troubles but simply ruining server. It's surprising to me that after "UPDATE" nobody has figured that server is GONE/KAPUT - professional habits, no wonder. "Best regards" at technical department for "supporting" this server destruction, for which I was working months.
How and why did nfoservers get ahold of the unpublished v469 to just ruin our UT99 server? This is BS.
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

Response from NFOServers:
Hi, thank you for contacting us today. I believe these files were only rolled out to select machines based on requests we got from other customers. For anyone having issues with the patch we could try losslessy moving their server to another physical machine and running a repair script to see if that moves them back to v451.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

No backup, no mercy.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Adept

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

sektor2111 wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:07 pm I don't know who has account or not, but NfoServers have updated that so called Monster Gaming Server. As a direct side effect, server is no longer (re)starting because XC_Engine installed there and all its dependencies won't run, crashing it constantly. They did not asked anything about possible troubles but simply ruining server. It's surprising to me that after "UPDATE" nobody has figured that server is GONE/KAPUT - professional habits, no wonder. "Best regards" at technical department for "supporting" this server destruction, for which I was working months.
I spoke to the tech Cody from nfo and they have removed v469 and restore the Monster Gaming Server with v451.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

So I did not see some ghost in repositories, they suddenly recalled some changes at default files after initially saying that nothing was changed....
Barbie wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:02 am No backup, no mercy.
They do have backups done each Thursday if I well recall. It would be better to leave server as it was because it was in a good state.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

My comment to that NFOServers debacle :facepalm:

Now they can say at least, that they reached professional Level. Every big company screwed up very big, till today.
Neon_Knight
Adept

Post by Neon_Knight »

Hai! Just passing to tell non-English native speakers that the OldU 227 localization project is now adapted to accept UT99 v469 translations as well.

The .int templates and .est support is already there (only Rocket Arena and Chaos UT are missing), and Hellkeeper began translating .frt. But if anybody wants to contribute, you're more than welcome!
OldUnreal U1v227/UTv469 Localization Project coordinator/spanish language maintainer - Unreal Wiki
ProTip 1: anybody using the phrase "I'm a True Fan and You're Not!" is an obnoxious, self-centered, egotistical, elitist, narcissist douchebag.
ProTip 2: anybody who uses the "Royal We" when making a demand wants to pass their own opinion as everyone else's.
ProTip 3: Only the people that do nothing but criticize don't make mistakes. Do things. Make mistakes. Learn from them. And screw those who do nothing but throw poison and criticize.
ProTip 4: If the Duke Nukem Forever fiasco wasn't enough of a lesson, perfectionism leads to nothing positive. Don't be afraid of releasing a buggy product. Even the most polished product has its flaws.
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

Awesome @neon_knight !! :)
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

From NFOServers
There was an internal misunderstanding here about v469 because a customer told us that it was the new standard version and linked us to the download, which appeared to be legitimate and did not indicate that it was a beta in the filename/URL. We rolled out that version to base folders as a result. The new version was not applied to existing customers immediately, but customers received it in "repair" operations.

On 6/23, in response to another customer who communicated to us that the new patch was not actually public, we rolled back the change to base folders, and we are using the old standard build once again. We will wait until the new version is announced as the new standard (and officially supported) release by your team before considering its rollout again.

We use exclusively Windows servers here for UT99, but my understanding is that the new version also broke certain mods on Windows.