Bunnytracks should have a way to move faster for non-cappers

Discussions about UT99
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Bunnytracks should have a way to move faster for non-cappers

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

I'm not skilled in bunny tracks, when I play one online I usually use checkpoints, they helps me exploring the map but they have a limit and this limit is my skills, I can't explore and play just parts of the map cause I'm not skilled.
I think players in bunny tracks should be given a way to move faster or teleport (disabling the caps of course), like a teleport gun or a grapple.
"Your stuff is known to be buggy and unfinished/not properly tested"
OwYeaW
Experienced

Re: Bunnytracks should have a way to move faster for non-cappers

Post by OwYeaW »

not a bad idea

i had a BT pug server with customly designed mods, you can practise the map in "no match mode"
while in "no match mode" you could use checkpoints, but also type !pg to receive a portalgun
whenever you used one of the portals of the portalgun you would not be able to grab/cap the flag anymore (just like when you spawned from a checkpoint)

you could try many things, add infinite double jumps, give a translocator, maybe let the player build things? (summon unreali.table :P)
but just like you pointed out, gotta make sure the player wont be able to grab/cap the flag when using it
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Re: Bunnytracks should have a way to move faster for non-cappers

Post by Chamberly »

There is a few map that already came with teleporter, grapple, and some NW guns. Those could be pointed out and shared with a video on how it's done.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?