Setting For Best Weapon

Discussions about UT99
Loose Cannon
Skilled

Setting For Best Weapon

Post by Loose Cannon »

I hadn't played UT99 in a while and when I fired it back up I think I have a setting problem. Whenever I pick up the redeemer, it doesn't automatically make it my primary weapon. I have to scroll through my weapons to pull up the redeemer. When I pick up the redeemer, I want it to be ready to be fired, but I keep having to change my weapons to get to it. Am I missing a setting somewhere??
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: Setting For Best Weapon

Post by OjitroC »

Fire up the game - in the menu bar at the top go to Options ->Weapons - the Auto-Switch Weapons box should be ticked.
Loose Cannon
Skilled

Post by Loose Cannon »

OjitroC wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:37 pm Fire up the game - in the menu bar at the top go to Options ->Weapons - the Auto-Switch Weapons box should be ticked.
Very weird. I do have that box checked. Went back into a map and picked up a redeemer. It says you picked up a redeemer, but didn't switch from the enforcer.??
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

A mutator ? Does it exist ? No ? Shall we do one then ? :mrgreen:
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Loose Cannon wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:41 pm Very weird. I do have that box checked. Went back into a map and picked up a redeemer. It says you picked up a redeemer, but didn't switch from the enforcer.??
Yes, very weird. Perhaps you're running another mutator that causes the conflict? Could it be map-related?

I have the opposite problem - the box is unchecked but certain weapons in my StuffSwapper configs automatically switch - which can be a nuisance to put it mildly.
sektor2111 wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:53 pm A mutator ? Does it exist ? No ? Shall we do one then ? :mrgreen:
I don't think it does and so, yes, it would be good if you did one (covering both situations - not autoswitching when the box is ticked and autoswitching when it is not ticked - if possible?).
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

I did not do yet such thing but I asked if would be welcomed if community will have such stuff.
As for StuffSwapper I might have questions which are not ON-TOPIC (- I removed it from my old MH server because it did only damage to weapons placed tricky by mappers...)
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

sektor2111 wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:05 pm I did not do yet such thing but I asked if would be welcomed if community will have such stuff.
I meant it will be welcomed and very useful if you make one (as with all the things you make).
Loose Cannon
Skilled

Post by Loose Cannon »

So, I'm not using any mutator's and I've tried several maps where I know I can find a quick redeemer. Morpheus, Morbias, Dogtown, etc. The redeemer is the only weapon I'm having this issue with.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

All right, now I'm going confused. I did a check into system for figuring what is changed and how when in menu weapon-switch it's set True - box checked.
I fired map Morpheus and moved at Redeemer spot having enforcer as weapon. When I touched Redeemer I got it and weapon was switched to this Redeemer. I don't see what's wrong with settings unless some funky menu is doing something in your install, I do not have this issue so I cannot figure if this is a bug.
The only thing that needs checked using a console command if bNeverAutoSwitch as it is self explanatory should be False for PlayerPawn. This is also localized in User.ini at section [Engine.PlayerPawn] an should be like that for PlayerPawn, also in that section exist this last slot WeaponPriority[49]=WarheadLauncher in my working install. This array has 50 slots, from 0 to 49. I don't know what happens if WarheadLauncher is missing from there... For me it's the last one and it works switching weapon immediately after pickup.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

sektor2111 wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:56 pm This is also localized in User.ini at section [Engine.PlayerPawn] an should be like that for PlayerPawn, also in that section exist this last slot WeaponPriority[49]=WarheadLauncher in my working install. This array has 50 slots, from 0 to 49. I don't know what happens if WarheadLauncher is missing from there... For me it's the last one and it works switching weapon immediately after pickup.
I think the array in User.ini may be in reverse order and that slot [49] is the highest priority. Why? Because if I check my User.ini list against the list in Options->Weapons, the weapons at the top of the array in User.ini are NOT at the top of the WeaponsPriority list in Weapons - in fact just the reverse.

Edit - confirmed that is correct - put 3 specific weapons at slots 47, 48 and 49 in the list in User.ini - checked in-game in Options->Weapons and those three weapons are at the top of the list. So the list in User.ini is in reverse order - slot [49] is the highest priority.

@LooseCannon - check your list of weapons in Options->Weapons and make sure the redeemer is at the top of the list.

NOTE - regular use of weapons packs/mutators where the weapons are not set out in an .int file will significantly affect what is shown in the WeaponsPriority list and in the list in User.ini - UT won't be able to identify them and so won't include them. I have a lot of (?)Translocator entries in my lists as I use StuffSwapper with lots of weapons from mods without INTs ((?) means it's unidentified or unknown and Translocator presumably appears because it is the UT 'weapon' with the lowest priority).
Loose Cannon
Skilled

Post by Loose Cannon »

OjitroC, that did the trick! For some reason the redeemer was 2nd from the bottom on that list. Moved it to the top and that fixed it. Thanks!! I never checked that tab before and didn't know you could move the weapons around. Wonder how it got that way to begin with? Anyways, thanks again!!