Strange problem with water zone

Discussions about UT99
hee
Experienced

Strange problem with water zone

Post by hee »

I wonder if anyone has faced this problem before. I have just started a map and I am putting down some water (liquid9). I have a zoneinfo for water underneath. It acts like water, as in I can jump in with the appropriate sounds and swim around. I do not want the surface to be translucent, so I uncheck the box. The surface appearance changes accordingly, but when I compile it, it forces it back to translucent. I have seen it on other maps where it is not translucent. I checked their settings and copied them, but to no avail. Am I missing something?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Swanky
Adept
Personal rank: Brush Commander

Re: Strange problem with water zone

Post by Swanky »

It depends on how you created the sheet I think. If you did it via AddSpecialBrush, it should be normal as it enforces the original values each time you hit rebuild. If you created a sheet with the corresponding stats, it shouldn't happen. You can manually edit the sheet to create a zone portal with various effects applied to it, and you can also change the sheet to a non-solid sheet via right-click -> solidity (very useful for also making brushes semisolid for ease of rebuild path, keeping bsp cuts clean and so on).
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Setting Brush > Polyflags to 0 should also work.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
hee
Experienced

Post by hee »

Thanks. That was what it was. I just redid it manually...set the sheet, made it non-solid, and set it to portal
hee
Experienced

Post by hee »

I searched for actors and found 10 skyzoneinfos. If I double clicked, it would take me to where they should be, but I couldn't see them and I couldn't select them. How do I get rid of them? Why does the editor act that way?
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

It's because they are bHiddenEd for some reason.
See in down side of Viewports that Console and write there command:
SET ACTOR BHIDDENED 0
Do it twice if Editor is "deaf" first time then move a bit through map.

Also you can select something visible and check for defaultproperties from context menu. Now if you search and select such invisible actor for Editor you can figure properties - with name included, selection goes changed to clicked-searched actor - All you need it's pressing DEL key. Backup map for safety before doing this task.