Q. Whats the Best Mutators for 4way games? TDM/CTF

Discussions about UT99
Que
Inhuman
Personal rank: ...

Q. Whats the Best Mutators for 4way games? TDM/CTF

Post by Que »

Howdy,

So we're looking to implement 4 way games into SmartDM and I would like to know what are the best Mutators available for
4 Way Games both TDM/CTF?

Cheers
*Join our Discord Here.*
Our mods - MVX , SSB , SmartWFL , UTCmds , BotCommands , Smart Stats , join/leave announcer , NoSmoke , UTLogin , BrightSkins , Server Tran…
*Our Servers
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: Q. Whats the Best Mutators for 4way games? TDM/CTF

Post by OjitroC »

For TDM a mutator isn't required (AFAIK), the number of teams is set iby inputting the desired number into the box StartPracticeSession->Rules->MaxTeams (though I must admit I have never played with more than 2 teams).

For multi-team CTF, there's MultiCTF.u and CTF4.u (I can post these if required).
Koolflux
Experienced

Post by Koolflux »

I don't know if this is exactly what you meant, but I've heard of a mutator called ColorMatch. Basically, it changes the Pulse Gun and Shock Rifle to be colored according to which team you're on. It also includes a ColorInstagib mutator that replaces all weapons with team-colored Instagib Rifles. I think it'd be pretty cool for team games, especially 4-way games like you're talking about.

Here's a download link for it: https://www.ut-files.com/index.php?dir= ... tch190.zip
"I am the Alpha and the Omega." ~Xan Kriegor
Que
Inhuman
Personal rank: ...

Post by Que »

thanks guys , yeah there's a whole Bunch here : http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/utfi ... archMode=f
but I don;t know which ones are the popular ones.. or most commonly used ones.
I would like to rip them apart and integrate their functionality into SmartDM
*Join our Discord Here.*
Our mods - MVX , SSB , SmartWFL , UTCmds , BotCommands , Smart Stats , join/leave announcer , NoSmoke , UTLogin , BrightSkins , Server Tran…
*Our Servers
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

The two I referred to seem to be the ones most commonly included with CTF4/CTFM/CTF[4] maps.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

OjitroC wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:31 pmFor multi-team CTF, there's MultiCTF.u and CTF4.u (I can post these if required)
I have both of those, and while I prefer the original CTF4 I gotta admit MultiTeamCTF is a little better.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

EvilGrins wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:24 pmwhile I prefer the original CTF4 I gotta admit MultiTeamCTF is a little better.
Principle differences between CTF4 & MultiTeamCTF are elimation and how flags are carried.

In CTF4 elimation is an option where teams get negative points when their flag is captured, and if they get a score that is a negative of the goal score, like say -5 if the score goal is 5, their team is eliminated from the game.

In MultiTeamCTF elimination is an option where any team that gets the winning 5 flag captures is eliminated, leaving the remaining teams to play. Whichever team is the last left is the one that loses.

In CTF4 players carrying more than 1 flag can be seen but the flags are all clumped together:

In MultiTeamCTF players carrying more than 1 flag... the flags are all carried at different angles so there's less bunching:
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Old UT Veteran
Skilled

Post by Old UT Veteran »

EvilGrins wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:24 pm I have both of those, and while I prefer the original CTF4 I gotta admit MultiTeamCTF is a little better.
For the most part, they appear to have their own quirks: The HUD in MultiCTF leaves out the score on the eliminated team and removes the flag banner, wheres CTF4 doesn't do that upon a team being eliminated. :lol2:
Aside from that, MultiCTF seems to have a lot customizing options and the bots a.i. appears to be a tad better in my opinion. I've noticed that the developer of multictf has put a lot of consideration into making bots in multiCTF play as smart as possible by default, even allowing the player to control which team to attack, possibly leading to (a tad) smoother gameplay. The bots in CTF4 are also well developed imo but have slightly less customizing/controlling options. CTF4 on the other hand has options that can modify the base rules of the gamemode.

MultiCTF feels like custom expansion (with the options it provides) wheres CTF4 is well rounded enough that it gives the impression that it could be a released as a bonus pack by Epic.
There is also CTF+ but both multictf & ctf4 felt like they are in a higher tier of their own compared to it.