Looking for the name of a fabulous map....

Discussions about UT99
jean-jean
Novice

Looking for the name of a fabulous map....

Post by jean-jean »

Hi Everybody, :D

I didnt played UT 99 since 15 years but now I'm playing every days since few weeks.

2 weeks ago, a saturday noon I was playing the most amazing UT 99 game ever :tu: : I discovered this day some wonderful weapons and one perfect map.

I spent some time figuring out what the names of the weapons were and I found : NALI

I also lost time finding the map name, but without success... thats why I do ask help : I do not know if the game mode was ctf or attack or another... :???:

I know that at the beginning we all appeared in two kinds of places like holes in a wall and that we had to cross a passage in the broken wall

The level begins with a direct confrontation with the enemies at this place which looks like a bridge and there are like big crates on the floor

Further there is like a tunnel dug in the rock to cross and we arrive in front of a fortress :D

what is very surprising is that something happened that I had never seen : the more I progressed in the game and the more when I died I respawned further :D

If someone does have one idea, thanks you in advance !! and long live UT 99 :lol2:
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: Looking for the name of a fabulous map....

Post by OjitroC »

Hi - welcome!

It sounds like it might be a Monster Hunt (MH) map (though I can think of an Infiltration/Strike Force/Defence Alliance map that's quite like your description but I can't remember the name so that's no help). SInce you were playing online, do you have the map in your cache or is there an indication of the name in your cache.ini?
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Regrding the weapons ... Nali Weapons 3 ?
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

The other thing I have just thought of is that if you use XBrowser, the server on which you played that map may appear in your history (History tab).
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Map is in cache having time-stamp accordingly, you should change value PurgeCacheDays to 0 (zero) if has the 30 original value in U.T.ini file. Check the date of those files and try to figure name in Cache.ini file - you can rename/move all those files and use them normally. Map might not have those weapons inside, those are probably mods added in that server. There you will need to figure names of packages downloaded in that day and look for their install repositories because you will need all files if you want to use what was running in that server - unless some files are private and not shared.
Terraniux
Masterful
Personal rank: Banished member

Post by Terraniux »

Could you describe the theme of the map? Was it ancient or hightech or both? or something inbetween? I might have an idea.
This member can only post when permitted.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

I'm assuming you were playing this online, so why not go back to whatever server you were on and see if the map is being played again.

Heck, if the server is running MapVote you should be able to bring up an entire list of every map they have... or the server may have a website where it lists its maps.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Ubir4
Adept

Post by Ubir4 »

DM-AMC-Modular 8P . Rss
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Ubir4 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 8:45 pm DM-AMC-Modular 8P . Rss
Umm - I don't think there is any part of Modular that comes remotely close to resembling the OP's description :P
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Ubir4 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 8:45 pmDM-AMC-Modular 8P
Doubtful, as it sounds like he's describing an MH map.
jean-jean wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 10:46 pmwhat is very surprising is that something happened that I had never seen : the more I progressed in the game and the more when I died I respawned further
Some MonsterHunt maps have updated spawn points, once you get past a certain area it updates you to other spawnpoints further in.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

It does sound like MH, and likely a NW3 server.

But MH has so many great maps like that, that it is nearly impossible to tell from that description alone.
However, like others have said, this map is likely stored on your computer as cache, so you can use cache converter tools to try to find and recover the map you enjoyed so much. :)

Or to at least check the map names you have stored locally so you can figure out which one you played (the files of these maps start with an "MH-" prefix, which you will be able to see if you use such a cache converter tool).
jean-jean
Novice

Post by jean-jean »

hello everybody

Let me re read all your replies asap and reply point by point to everybody, thx you

also ahahaha, I made a video of the beginning of the map cause I was so happy about the weapon that I had to do a video ahahahaa

thats the first seconds of the Map

[media]https://imgshare.io/images/2020/05/29/Screenshot_1.jpg[/media]

and I was using one software you advise me to try, and I received theses results

DM-[BBST]-FLAT-Remix.unr
DM-{Evil's}-BonFire-Remix.unr
DM-CampersRevenge.unr
DM--{ISC}--oriental-passage-3E.unr
DM-(AMLP)BigCityMayhem.unr
DM-(NYA)Paris.unr
DM-NBK-Merry-Christmas.unr
DM-A-Helicopterwar-Echo.unr
DM-CMNstreetDD.unr
DM-{CBGB}PhylloxArena.unr
DM-A-Funnel-Spekkie-arena.unr
DM-!BS-Office_in_Zahltag-v2.unr
DM-BloodArena.unr

You think I might be sucessfull about one of theses? (strange strange, cause it is only DM.... So I Do NOT really understand why???)
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

jean-jean wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 7:22 pm thats the first seconds of the Map

[media]https://imgshare.io/images/2020/05/29/Screenshot_1.jpg[/media]
Unfortunately that's just a single image - not a short video. I must say I don't recognise the map from that. Isn't that CTF or TDM you're playing? There's a logo on the right which somebody might recognise.

Of your list, I can only comment on the ones I know reasonably well - very unlikely means almost certainly not.
DM-[BBST]-FLAT-Remix.unr - Very unlikely
DM-{Evil's}-BonFire-Remix.unr
DM-CampersRevenge.unr
DM--{ISC}--oriental-passage-3E.unr - Very unlikely
DM-(AMLP)BigCityMayhem.unr - Very unlikely
DM-(NYA)Paris.unr - Very unlikely
DM-NBK-Merry-Christmas.unr - Very unlikely
DM-A-Helicopterwar-Echo.unr
DM-CMNstreetDD.unr
DM-{CBGB}PhylloxArena.unr
DM-A-Funnel-Spekkie-arena.unr
DM-!BS-Office_in_Zahltag-v2.unr - Very unlikely
DM-BloodArena.unr
Terraniux
Masterful
Personal rank: Banished member

Post by Terraniux »

The fastest way to determine what map is played. Is it only human ( bots, players etc ) or monsters?
This member can only post when permitted.
jean-jean
Novice

Post by jean-jean »

I think no monsters at all