Some statistics

Discussions about UT99
User avatar
Carbon
Inhuman
Posts: 855
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:52 pm
Personal rank: Hoarder.

Re: UT99 is almost dead

Post by Carbon » Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:37 am

gargul2 wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:29 pm

Nope, I love this game, it's one of my favorites games ever, but it's almost unplayable nowadays due to low playerbase mixed with too many aimbotters (and the servers's admins refuse to remove them), so I have nowhere to go, and that means the game is dead / almost dead. I still wish you luck with UT99 and to find populated servers of your gametype, free of aimbotters, no need to attack me personally...
Well, sorry if I did so then, but really...with all of the problems you've listed, how are your current actions helping exactly? Is this your solution?

User avatar
Fraxter
Novice
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:44 pm
Location: Hvalsoe, Zealand, Denmark.

Re: UT99 is almost dead

Post by Fraxter » Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:45 am

gargul2 wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:45 pm
Every not-a-noob knows that:
- these bad server are running ACE, but it's easily bypassed by the newest UT99 premium cheats...
- these bad servers are full of botters and bad guys doing much shit, disturbing and ruining games
- and the bad admins don't ban botters / bad guys nor they reply to emails, they just enjoy hosting trash servers.
That actualy makes you the noob here? All we have that are remotely updated anticheat wise is ACE? Every admin and every player knows this? Admins are aware that every player can bypass it using a single google search? Every admin knows that they can't ban these trouble makers?

Instead of you talking trash about the admins that still want to keep this community up and running why not suply us with detaailed info about how to succesfuly ban an unwanted player? Because as things has been for the last decade then every tourblemaker feeds on getting banned he just come back and becomes more and more annoying each time. This is not rocket science it's facts known to anyone who is involved in this game.

You know there are people enjoying to collect old stamps or old coins thats their hobby. You ditch those who has this game as an hobby with your so called statistics but your statistics are no stranger than any statistics you can put up with many many other hobbies? That is what you fail to understand and that is why you claim this game is dead - because its abviously not your hobby anymore?

gargul2
Average
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:16 am

Re: UT99 is almost dead

Post by gargul2 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:33 pm

Carbon wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:37 am
Well, sorry if I did so then,
No problem. :tu:
Carbon wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:37 am
but really...with all of the problems you've listed, how are your current actions helping exactly? Is this your solution?
I don't know what actions do you mean, could you elaborate rather than accuse of unknown things...I'm just discussing here...anyway yours personally aimed comments doesn't help neither, if you could keep discussion and argue more neutral than personally, it would be good...
Fraxter wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:45 am
Instead of you talking trash about the admins that still want to keep this community up and running
I've not been talking about good admins, only about bad ones...don't put something into my mouth that I've not said.
I appreciate every admin "that still want to keep this community up and running".
And I've not been talking trash about good admins, actually I've been doing opposite - talking true about trash-admins...
Fraxter wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:45 am
That actualy makes you the noob here? All we have that are remotely updated anticheat wise is ACE? Every admin and every player knows this? Admins are aware that every player can bypass it using a single google search? Every admin knows that they can't ban these trouble makers?
why not suply us with detaailed info about how to succesfuly ban an unwanted player? Because as things has been for the last decade then every tourblemaker feeds on getting banned he just come back and becomes more and more annoying each time. This is not rocket science it's facts known to anyone who is involved in this game. You know there are people enjoying to collect old stamps or old coins thats their hobby.
Just keep banning by IP? Simple...it's easier / faster for an admin to ban a cheater by IP, than bypass an IP by a cheater, the cheater will get bored earlier and he will go away.Running a server is not a single-shot thing to just put a server up and then just go away and don't care and then to cry that cheaters are ruining the server...an admin have to actually visit a server reasonably often to keep the server clean from shit, if you have no time managing a server, it will turn into cheaters festival / trash-server.
Fraxter wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:45 am
You ditch those who has this game as an hobby with your so called statistics but your statistics are no stranger than any statistics you can put up with many many other hobbies? That is what you fail to understand and that is why you claim this game is dead - because its abviously not your hobby anymore?
Fraxter wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:45 am
You ditch
I'm just discussing here: not "ditching", nor "doing actions", nor "complaining", nor "disgruntled" so just like I've said to Carbon already, so if you could keep discussion and argue more neutral than personally, it would be good...
Fraxter wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:45 am
with your so called statistics
Statistics are statistics, they can't be "my" or "so called", they are pure numbers / facts.
If I write that 2 + 2 = 4 will you call it "my so called statistics" ?
Or it's rather just obvious true that 2 + 2 = 4 ,and not "my co called statitics"?...
About 125 real players online average playing this game at peak in the evening is just true, isn't it?
Could you then provide alternative better statistics then ("your so called statistics")?
Fraxter wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:45 am
are no stranger than any statistics you can put up with many many other hobbies? That is what you fail to understand and that is why you claim this game is dead - because its abviously not your hobby anymore?
First thing is that I call it almost dead, not dead.
The second thing is I've already explained why, so I will just send you to my previous comment with the reply to UTPe: viewtopic.php?p=123880#p123880
In short: I have no server (free of cheaters) to play UT99.
Also another reason is in my several first comments as well:
game has just 100-125 players online in the evening peak, not much alive...

And the last time: I'm just discussing here: not "ditching", nor "doing actions", nor "complaining", nor "disgruntled"
Everything you accuse me of with such words, you do it yourself towards me...so let's just call yours accusations a hypocrisy..
Just to note - you are the ones who are keeping this conversation going...you keep talking to me, so I'm just replying...
it seems like many of you are just ganging up against me personally...lolz
Just keep a civil discussion...

:D

User avatar
Dizzy
Experienced
Posts: 109
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 3:57 pm
Personal rank: Oaf

Re: UT99 is almost dead

Post by Dizzy » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:37 pm

RocketJedi wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:52 pm
Dizzy wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:02 pm
Meh. We're still developing our UT BunnyTrack servers and some of the best and highest quality BT maps have been released in recent months. I dunno how many times I've seen people say "UT is dead". Maybe if people actually played or put effort into creating content instead of complaining?
any links for said BT maps? :)
We don't offer them for direct download, but the best thing to do is join our main BT server (unreal://bunnytrack.net) and say !vote to see the map list. On server #1 we only keep the best/highest quality maps. There's also a list of recently-added and recommended maps on the mapvote screen itself.

Finally you can see recent maps here: https://bunnytrack.net/maps
Join the BunnyTrack.net Discord chat server: https://www.bunnytrack.net/discord

Dr_Boo
Novice
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:58 pm

Re: Some statistics

Post by Dr_Boo » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:31 pm

No doubt I am late to the party. My clan played DOM on ProvingGrounds but eventually transitioned to 2k4 upon its release. When my old G4 eventually gave up the ghost, I was no longer able to run UT99. I was just recently able to get the PC version running on my MacPro using Wine. A few tweaks to some .ini files had me back where I was almost 20 years ago now. Domination appears to have been abandoned. None of the IRC channels seem to be active anymore. But... I still see some players when servers load and I am grateful for this second chance. Eventually, it may just be off-line play for me. I'll take whatever I can get though!

User avatar
UT Sniper (SJA94)
Masterful
Posts: 647
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:35 pm
Personal rank: noob programmer
Location: England

Re: Some statistics

Post by UT Sniper (SJA94) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:06 am

Nobody really uses IRC anymore, 99% of us are on Discord now, there are some domination pugs now and then.

Dr_Boo
Novice
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:58 pm

Re: Some statistics

Post by Dr_Boo » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:06 am

UT Sniper (SJA94) wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:06 am
Nobody really uses IRC anymore, 99% of us are on Discord now, there are some domination pugs now and then.
Appreciate the info. I’ll d/l Discord and give it a go. Thanks!