NwUltraGore Settings not having effect on server

Discussions about UT99
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Re: NwUltraGore Settings not having effect on server

Post by Feralidragon »

Concerning what each specific property does, I advise you to check the pdf file that comes bundled with the mod.
Although the name of the ini file described there is wrong (it's NWConfig instead of the documented one, as noted before), everything else should be fully accurate in their description.

For example, for VictSkinID, here's a direct excerpt from the pdf:
VictSkinID: Multitexture index the VictSkin corresponds to;
As for the best way to find out the meshes (for VictModel), textures (for VictSkin) and such, the Unreal Editor itself is still the best tool for the job, as long, of course, you know what to look for.
If it's a custom package, you could use UTPT to open it (Unreal Tournament Package Tool), in order to only see the contents of that package.

But even so, in some cases it's not really easy to understand where stuff like this is defined.
For instance, in the case of the Xan player, it's not so obvious at all.

For Xan (the standard one) the mesh to filter by (VictModel) can be checked in the TBoss class (the Xan player class):
https://www.madrixis.de/undox/Source_botpack/tboss.html
namely the Mesh property, which is set as LodMesh'Botpack.Boss', thus the VictModel to match with would be "Botpack.Boss".

As for the skins, it's even less obvious, as these aren't set in any default properties or so, nor even imported in this class.
Instead, you would have to check the code to understand that they come from the BossSkins package.
Also, the Xan skin is composed by 4 multiskins, however you only actually need to match just one of them for each team.

Since this gore mod can have meshes and skins loosely matched through wildcards, you don't need to know the full name of it, you just need to know at least part of it, so your configuration would look like this:

Code: Select all

GoreBloodTypes[8]=(VictClassName="Bot",VictModel="Botpack.Boss",VictSkin="BossSkins.*1T_0",VictSkinID=0,BloodType="RED")
GoreBloodTypes[9]=(VictClassName="Bot",VictModel="Botpack.Boss",VictSkin="BossSkins.*1T_1",VictSkinID=0,BloodType="GREEN")
with red for Red Team and green for Blue Team, if I am not mistaken in the references there.

In the current mod you're limited to red, green and silver/black blood colors, meaning there isn't blue or yellow (to match the other teams), because it would increase the package file size a lot more and there were no use-cases for it yet at the time (although having different blood types per team sounds fun, which in that case would have been made sense, so maybe a lost opportunity).

However, you can create custom blood packages and add it to the BldTypes in the configuration (up to 8), although it takes a little bit of work to do it (change all existing blood textures to the color you want, maybe through hue shifting, then create the class to import them and list them, then a bit more code to define decal classes and a few other things in respect to this specific color scheme).
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Que wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:54 am Thanks for replies. Just wandering .. what is the easiest way to get this Information , VictClasses , models , skins ,(Names).. some kinda UT Skin editor?
Just to quickly add to the comprehensive reply you've had - if you want that information for the Player (you) or for Bots you have set up and are using, then most of that info can be got from looking in the User.ini (or XBots.ini if you use that).
Que
Inhuman
Personal rank: ...

Post by Que »

Through finding skin in user.ini i was able to set ALL Skarj player Skins BloodType to GREEN. ;)
appreciated OjitroC.

Code: Select all

GoreBloodTypes[7]=(VictClassName="Bot",VictModel="*",VictSkin="tskmskins.*",VictSkinID=3,BloodType="GREEN")
*Join our Discord Here.*
Our mods - MVX , SSB , SmartWFL , UTCmds , BotCommands , Smart Stats , join/leave announcer , NoSmoke , UTLogin , BrightSkins , Server Tran…
*Our Servers
f7r
Experienced

Post by f7r »

Feralidragon wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:15 am However, you can create custom blood packages and add it to the BldTypes in the configuration (up to 8), although it takes a little bit of work to do it (change all existing blood textures to the color you want, maybe through hue shifting, then create the class to import them and list them, then a bit more code to define decal classes and a few other things in respect to this specific color scheme).
It would be nice to have yellow and blue blood. Unfortunately, this is beyond my capabilities.
Que
Inhuman
Personal rank: ...

Post by Que »

if you ever make changes to this mod please consider a clientside console command to disable it.. reason why i ask is a few people asked me how to disable the gore effects as the setting in UT/Preferences does not work with UltraGore.. aside from that all is working well :)
*Join our Discord Here.*
Our mods - MVX , SSB , SmartWFL , UTCmds , BotCommands , Smart Stats , join/leave announcer , NoSmoke , UTLogin , BrightSkins , Server Tran…
*Our Servers
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

I would have to check again, but I believe I made it that way on purpose.
The client can set up the intensity of the gore to an extent (as long as the server itself allows it), but I really made it so that if the server does use it, then the client will also see it.

But I do understand your concern, and I had that concern myself in other things from NW3 itself other than the gore (for example, in NW3 you can toggle ZP from the console).
It's unlikely that I will pick this up ever again, being far more likely for me to develop a new one instead (and even that one is unlikely, for now), but I will keep that in mind.