bNeverAutoSwitch = False

Discussions about UT99
khaldrogo
Personal rank: gold

bNeverAutoSwitch = False

Post by khaldrogo » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:16 pm

Hello,
I noticed that automatic weapon switch on pickup doesn't work. It's checked in UT menu and the setting in user.ini is:
bNeverAutoSwitch = False
So, both "False" and "True" values have the same effect and I have to switch weapon manually. This happens with default UT weapons, I'm not using mutators. If I use U4E mutator, weapon switch works. How do I handle it?

papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: bNeverAutoSwitch = False

Post by papercoffee » Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:52 am

khaldrogo wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:16 pm
So, both "False" and "True" values have the same effect and I have to switch weapon manually.
hm strange ...maybe post your ini in a code tag here so someone can look over it.

darkbarrage99
Average

Post by darkbarrage99 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:11 pm

I actually have the same problem tbh. It's mildly infuriating at times.

I've also got the bug with the editor where you can't launch a map from inside UED. I always have these two problems after I start adding maps and mods in every install I've ever done of UT99.

OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:38 pm

khaldrogo wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:16 pm
Hello,
I noticed that automatic weapon switch on pickup doesn't work. It's checked in UT menu and the setting in user.ini is:
bNeverAutoSwitch = False
So, both "False" and "True" values have the same effect and I have to switch weapon manually. This happens with default UT weapons, I'm not using mutators. If I use U4E mutator, weapon switch works. How do I handle it?
Rather a dumb question but you do have default UT weapons in the WeaponPriority list under [Engine.PlayerPawn] in the User.ini? And if you do, are they near the top of the list (the list is, I think, in reverse order so that WeaponPriority[49]=whatever is the weapon with the hightest priority)?

I have bNeverAutoSwitch = True and the behaviour is erratic, sometimes weapons switch automatically, sometimes they don't (which is what I want) - however I do use StuffSwapper and the automatic switching may be down to the code of individual weapons.