Activate translator has no effect

Discussions about UT99
michealspencer

Activate translator has no effect

Post by michealspencer » Fri May 21, 2021 5:40 am

Hi, I'm trying to play Project Xenome: Interloper but the Universal Translator doesn't appear. There's no icon for it at top-right and it never appears on-screen. When I receive a new message, I hear the beep, but the Translator window doesn't appear. And pressing the key I've bound to "Activate translator" has no effect.
Anyone help me how to fix it? Thanks!

Buggie
Masterful

Re: Activate translator has no effect

Post by Buggie » Fri May 21, 2021 7:30 am

Use this: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=14488
Original Translator related to Unreal HUD and can not work in UT.

OjitroC
Godlike

Re: Activate translator has no effect

Post by OjitroC » Fri May 21, 2021 10:00 am

michealspencer wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 5:40 am
Hi, I'm trying to play Project Xenome: Interloper but the Universal Translator doesn't appear.
Hi - how are you playing Project Xenome? Are you using Oldskool Amp'd? PX really needs to be played in Oldskool and it also requires Operation Na Pali.

PX has its own HUD in which the Universal Translator appears (you should have this and the flashlight when you start) and it can be activated by using the key bound for using an item. The Universal Translator window should appear when it is active and there is an incoming message - a nice touch in this SP campaign is that the Translator window is bigger than normal and so easier to read. Here it is at the 'start' (first map after the intro).
PX.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.