◄►469 Patch Discussions◄►

Discussions about UT99
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: ◄► Unreal Tournament v469b Patch Release ◄►

Post by sektor2111 »

OjitroC wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:23 pm But if you feel it's an issue to do with 469b, then the only way it's going to get solved is by posting an issue at GitHub (as other people on this forum do).
As long as all my 436/440 versions are working properly I don't have issues for posting at HitGub GibHut GitHub... it's only my note around patch.
[rev]rato.skt
Adept

Post by [rev]rato.skt »

Hi,

in relation to the old bug, shooting does not come out where your aim is, can you fix it?

the correct thing would be for the shot to come out exactly where it was aimed...

OBS: i posted thanks!!!

https://github.com/OldUnreal/UnrealTour ... issues/330

Last edited by [rev]rato.skt on Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brazilian Server:
Alma Negra - 34.95.189.187:7777
Classic - madruga.utbr.cf:7777
Duel - x1.utbr.cf:6666
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

[rev]rato.skt wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:53 pm Hi,

in relation to the old bug, shooting does not come out where your aim is, can you fix it?

the correct thing would be for the shot to come out exactly where it was aimed...

Please post any bugs here https://github.com/OldUnreal/UnrealTour ... hes/issues
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

After crawling through settings and time passed, I finally got corona... through walls too...
NowThroughWalls.png
Another position...
NowThroughWalls_1.png
But after restarting match it was once again invisible going slowly more visible - but through walls too... OpenGL in stage...
That's all... I'm not going to waste too much time with these... Such sort of light is in map MH-BattlingLottery, I'm not going to answer at any rendering issues if player is "updated".
Edit: D3D9 does the same delayed always visible corona until I'm changing brightness, moment when it's getting vanished and then slowly coming back Always visible.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

A further test, this time in 451 - with OpenGL, the corona doesn't work - with D3D9 the corona works. In none of my tests (436, 451, 469b) have I seen it through the walls.
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

Ok, I have a question. I am getting this line on the log, sometimes just once, sometimes flood: OpenGL Error: GL_INVALID_ENUM (please report this bug).
The thing is, my OpenGL works great, you may have seen some of my screenshots, or maybe not, I am still the new guy around here. :lol: On 469b, btw. So, should I really "report this bug" like it says? Does it affect the game in any way?
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

TankBeef wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:25 am Ok, I have a question. I am getting this line on the log, sometimes just once, sometimes flood: OpenGL Error: GL_INVALID_ENUM (please report this bug).
The thing is, my OpenGL works great, you may have seen some of my screenshots, or maybe not, I am still the new guy around here. :lol: On 469b, btw. So, should I really "report this bug" like it says? Does it affect the game in any way?
It's difficult to know if it affects the game or the way you see the game since, if it is not doing something it should, you won't know. So it's probably a good idea to report that bug so that people will know whether it is important or not.
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

Ok, thanks OjitroC, I will then. Btw, I am also seeing the light cones you mentioned on many maps, on both OpenGL and D3D9, and both 469b and 436. And they do feel out of place, this is so odd. :? I would switch them off if there was a renderer setting like the coronas one.
Oh, and what about the Orion's Curse Part 1 bot loop bug crash? How is that going? I have played so many different maps since then, including plenty of FNB's, and no freezing so far. Only on that particular one. So what is happening there? What was done different? There is the animation sequence once you complete the objectives, but I don't see how that is related.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

TankBeef wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:22 pm Ok, thanks OjitroC, I will then. Btw, I am also seeing the light cones you mentioned on many maps, on both OpenGL and D3D9, and both 469b and 436. And they do feel out of place, this is so odd. :? I would switch them off if there was a renderer setting like the coronas one.
Yes, it is odd - I don't know if there is a particular renderer setting which might control that - I haven't experimented as I am reluctant to mess too much with the settings since, in general, they are all working OK for me and altering settings coud give rise to other problems.
TankBeef wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:22 pm Oh, and what about the Orion's Curse Part 1 bot loop bug crash? How is that going? I have played so many different maps since then, including plenty of FNB's, and no freezing so far. Only on that particular one. So what is happening there? What was done different? There is the animation sequence once you complete the objectives, but I don't see how that is related.
Looks like there is a difference in the way 469b searches the navigation network since the bug doesn't happen in 436. The report is marked 'bug' so will have to see if the devs can identify the precise cause and come up with a fix for it.
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

OjitroC wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:57 pm I haven't experimented as I am reluctant to mess too much with the settings since, in general, they are all working OK for me and altering settings coud give rise to other problems.
Just make a backup copy of your ini file! >_>
TankBeef wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:22 pm Btw, I am also seeing the light cones you mentioned on many maps, on both OpenGL and D3D9, and both 469b and 436. And they do feel out of place, this is so odd. :? I would switch them off if there was a renderer setting like the coronas one.
Nono, they're part of the game, there are light cone decoration actors, that's why they're there. It's intentional.

I don't know what you mean "out of place".
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

Gustavo6046 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:11 pm
Nono, they're part of the game, there are light cone decoration actors, that's why they're there. It's intentional.

Really? Ok then, I will leave that alone. What I mean is that to me it looks too "solid" to be light. Sort of like cardboard coming out of the bulb, maybe? I guess it is because of the limitations of the engine.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Gustavo6046 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:11 pm Just make a backup copy of your ini file! >_>
Yes, indeed - it was more the time and effort that I was thinking about.
Gustavo6046 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:11 pm Nono, they're part of the game, there are light cone decoration actors, that's why they're there. It's intentional.

I can only echo what TankBeef says - to me they look distinctly odd, too solid/thick and they don't go right to the ground. Still I can live with them or I can use the renderer which just shows the light and not the cone (can't remember which renderer that is now).
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

TankBeef wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:22 pm Oh, and what about the Orion's Curse Part 1 bot loop bug crash? How is that going?
Wooow, I could not resist to check what is about (Usually I don't play Assault...).
Ahem... maybe... this new DevPath shows the reality... even stock Assault maps are doing funky things here...

Code: Select all

DevPath: 1000 navigation nodes searched from PathNode617!
Log: Breadth path list overflow from PathNode610
DevPath: 1000 navigation nodes searched from PathNode617!
Log: Breadth path list overflow from PathNode618
Log: Breadth path list overflow from PathNode260
Log: Breadth path list overflow from DefensePoint23
Log: Breadth path list overflow from PathNode257
XC_Engine: === Last line repeats 2 times.
Log: Breadth path list overflow from InventorySpot874
DevPath: 1000 navigation nodes searched from PathNode256!
ScriptWarning: FNBASTeamTrigger AS-FoT-OrionsCursePart1.FNBASTeamTrigger30 (Function AS-FoT-OrionsCursePart1.FNBASTeamTrigger.IsRelevant:00D9) Accessed None 'PlayerReplicationInfo'
XC_Engine: === Last line repeats 5 times.
We have 1000 nodes grinding teeth and "Brad Pit" with his overflowed list... I would not count on this network... Ah, no, these are Original Bots not my Bots, as a matter of fact...
Then...
DuhOrionCough.PNG
DuhOrionCough.PNG (3.05 KiB) Viewed 326 times
And total number...

MaxNumFound: I found a sum of 11413 reachspecs defined in map, from 0 to 11412.
Surprised ? Did I say UE1 = 3000 Specs ? No ? My bad then...
It's a miracle that 436 can stay alive here - perhaps it caps somewhere...

For me it's surprising to see the same errors as in above versions: 1000 and 500. A strong machine now days can go for 2000 3000, there should be some settings allowing DevPath to go into next Level - user defined performance. Ah, no, this is server problem, it won't affect 436 client guaranteed - replication is not needed here, it's A.I. after all... Eh... maybe someone else can write an extension capable to replace these with next level ones...
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

sektor2111 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:21 pm It's a miracle that 436 can stay alive here - perhaps it caps somewhere...
It is indeed - stay alive it does - the point though is that 469b doesn't - playng that map in 469b soon results in a crash/freeze.

There is something rather odd about the map in the sense that my bots completed the assault in a little over 3 minutes which seems rather quick given the 30 minutes allowed?
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

I did not study spam-log in 436, but... definitely when DevPath shows a message Pawn goes nowhere until devs are resuming something internally - perhaps that ClearPath called somehow is helping. That custom trigger... it's a game with non-players too after all :omfg: .
All I have to say paths-net here is badly messed up - map has design and it's a waste. But I'm not sad, Assault it's not my game, if I well recall I deleted all stock Assault maps from my private playground. If some day I'll turn this into a DM all Navigation will be reconstructed in a limited range.
MapGarbage it's the story teller

Jerks: Node swJumpPad5 generates a very small path.
Jerks: Node LiftExit10 generates a very small path.
DistancesListing: ====== Paths lenght report reachSpecs based ======
RangeInterval:  	- Length 50-200 UU    = 577 Paths;
RangeInterval:  	- Length 200-400 UU   = 1593 Paths;
RangeInterval:  	- Length 400-600 UU   = 776 Paths;
RangeInterval:  	- Length 600-800 UU   = 387 Paths;
RangeInterval:  	- Length 800-1000 UU  = 245 Paths;
RangeInterval:  	- Length 1000-1250 UU = 0 Paths;
RangeInterval:  	- Length 1250-1500 UU = 0 Paths;
RangeInterval:  	- Length 1500-1750 UU = 0 Paths;
RangeInterval:  	- Length 1750-2000 UU = 0 Paths;
RangeInterval:  	- Length > 2000 UU    = 0 Paths.
ScriptedDeduction: Interval 600-800 UU having 387 paths might be desired Scan Range.
ScriptedDeduction: Missing paths can be covered with intermediate Nodes.
OftenSeen: From 3578 paths checked, the most of paths were in range 200-400 UU with 1593 paths.
Desc: Current stats data won't be accurate at all in maps with custom paths having various user made reachSpecs or
Desc: using a wide range of paths lengths. Decreasing Range in certain cases will gain lost links.
DescJunks: Short paths under 50 UU aren't very useful. 2 paths might need to be moved or excepted.
DescJunks: The presence of many such paths shows overcrowded spots which might need to be optimized because this
DescJunks: is producing useless junk data.
Skipping: 464 paths were skipped being LiftCenters always having 500 UU and InventorySpots which usually are having
Skipping: really small paths and results are not very relevant from them for establishing Scan Range.
I would go for 600-700 UU losing this way a lot of processing and looking well which inventories can be excepted from being linked.
Either way removing nodes very closer having same reachable options and covering map mainly with 1200 UU paths. Extra paths can be wiped manually with PathsLinker if map supports a trip through 227 without to ruin textures...