◄►469 Patch Discussions◄►

Discussions about UT99
TankBeef
Masterful

Re: ◄► Unreal Tournament v469b Patch Release ◄►

Post by TankBeef »

sektor2111 wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 4:23 pm Except the music issue for me this has one known to me logic cause. HardDrive is parked for inactivity and map is a long MH one. At a moment new data is required or something needs loaded. System lags me until hard drive spins up and data is loaded - of course all sounds occurred during this time are trying to get into speakers :lol: .
Does this also apply to SSD drives? Just asking cause this is what my laptop has, and they don't "spin"...I think.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

In your case perhaps can be something different but leading to similar effects.
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Neon_Knight wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 1:01 am And I can't really care less, but I know from experience in another game that removing certain quirks can (and more often than not, WILL) lead to outrage, especially if they give actual advantages.
The thing to note here is that, while games like Doom and Quake have been wholly dissected by their playerbase for the mere purpose of ultimate gameplay optimization (e.g. see Zero-Master's speedruns and various clips on Doom and Doom 2), UT has never been quite a breeding ground for this kind of "exploitation".

Even if it's almost(!) as mature and long-lived as these id games I have mentioned, there has been comparatively very little activity in the way of optimizing movement in ways other than what the developers have intended. Optimizations in UT tend to concern tiny differences in human timing instead of the perfection of difficult exploits, like always strafedodging right at the first frame you can after the previous dodge, etc. Sure, there are some well-known, uh, effects, that people have made use of throughout the years, such as frame-perfect bunnyhopping to preserve horizontal momentum (kinda Quake-esque, except in Quake you can just hold down the spacebar in mid-air and not care about timing at all!), or the funny physics of sliding along slopes that somehow boost your momentum in all sorts of ways that make Isaac Newton roll in his grave.

So honestly, I think there would be no "outrage" if people changed a little quirk in UT, as opposed to, say, a sudden, Bethesda-sanctioned, official Chocolate Doom v1.10 that fixed straferunning and void glides (which people would be VERY mad about, even if it didn't add other predictable Bethesda crap like microtransactions and the like).
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

The bunnytrack community would probably like a word with this one lol :P
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

Yesterday I downloaded Chronoshift. I confess, I had not played it before. I play many Revelation maps frequently, love them, but never Chronoshift. And it was awesome, one of the best assault maps I have seen. :rock: Now, why do I mention this? I wanted to get a bigger map, make sure the Orion's crash wasn't a "huge assault map" thing, get that out of the way. And it isn't, even that map is wonderful under 469b.
Also wanted to check if it is a "FNB assault" thing, so I went to Rob's website, but the only other completed assault map he has is Red October, a 300k, so of course it also worked fine. And i did not see the FNBASTeamTrigger in the log, so I guess Orion part 1 is the only map that has this?
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

TankBeef wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 7:46 pm Yesterday I downloaded Chronoshift. I confess, I had not played it before. I play many Revelation maps frequently, love them, but never Chronoshift. And it was awesome, one of the best assault maps I have seen. :rock: Now, why do I mention this? I wanted to get a bigger map, make sure the Orion's crash wasn't a "huge assault map" thing, get that out of the way. And it isn't, even that map is wonderful under 469b.
Also wanted to check if it is a "FNB assault" thing, so I went to Rob's website, but the only other completed assault map he has is Red October, a 300k, so of course it also worked fine. And i did not see the FNBASTeamTrigger in the log, so I guess Orion part 1 is the only map that has this?
No, Red October doesn't have any FNBASTeamtriggers or, indeed, any kind of trigger. AFAIK, Orion is the only FNB map with that trigger in.

The Orion crash isn't a "huge assault map" thing or even an "assault thing" - it's more of a "huge map with loads of paths/pathnodes and how that's handled in 469b" thing - at least that's what I understand from what Anth said.
Neon_Knight
Adept

Post by Neon_Knight »

UnrealGGecko wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:13 am The bunnytrack community would probably like a word with this one lol :P
BT and MH.

Which is why before doing anything about the Feign Death bug, it should be:

1) Discussed
2) Come up with a solution that pleases both sides. Which seems to be an on/off switch, as there are mods which rely on that behavior.
OldUnreal U1v227/UTv469 Localization Project coordinator/spanish language maintainer - Unreal Wiki
ProTip 1: anybody using the phrase "I'm a True Fan and You're Not!" is an obnoxious, self-centered, egotistical, elitist, narcissist douchebag.
ProTip 2: anybody who uses the "Royal We" when making a demand wants to pass their own opinion as everyone else's.
ProTip 3: Only the people that do nothing but criticize don't make mistakes. Do things. Make mistakes. Learn from them. And screw those who do nothing but throw poison and criticize.
ProTip 4: If the Duke Nukem Forever fiasco wasn't enough of a lesson, perfectionism leads to nothing positive. Don't be afraid of releasing a buggy product. Even the most polished product has its flaws.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Neon_Knight wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 12:44 am Which is why before doing anything about the Feign Death bug, it should be:

1) Discussed
2) Come up with a solution that pleases both sides. Which seems to be an on/off switch, as there are mods which rely on that behavior.
I've no idea what happens on-line but people using 436 in a 436/451 server could have an advantage over someone using 469b as the 'bug' would still work in 436 (if the 'bug' is considered to offer an advantage)?

Having said that, there doesn't appear to be much interest in discussing it.
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

While XC_Engine and Siege had integrated the no multigun bug, however there are MH server that allows it so the game can be played. If there is an off option by default, those who want that can leave it on in the server.ini. That way it doesn't get the abuse. But then again there are the no multigun bug mod already made and added to other servers including other MH servers.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
[rev]rato.skt
Adept

Post by [rev]rato.skt »

hi,

I tested it here with client 436 and did not miss any voice taunt when I sent it, with client 469b many times the sound doesn’t come out and only the texts come out..

I have this problem with BrasilTauntV1... it's a really big vocepack pack...
Brazilian Server:
Alma Negra - 34.95.189.187:7777
Classic - madruga.utbr.cf:7777
Duel - x1.utbr.cf:6666
[rev]rato.skt
Adept

Post by [rev]rato.skt »

Big thanks,
this mistake is very annoying...

I don't know if anyone has already given this idea, but would it be possible to put the option to save the typing history on the console following the example of xconsole?

Can you tell me something about the shooting error does not come out in the same place as the crosshairs?

EDIT:

thanks for taking my doubts, sorry for asking here, is that as i don't speak english sometimes i can't find things easily

Last edited by [rev]rato.skt on Tue May 11, 2021 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brazilian Server:
Alma Negra - 34.95.189.187:7777
Classic - madruga.utbr.cf:7777
Duel - x1.utbr.cf:6666
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

[rev]rato.skt wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 4:19 pm I don't know if anyone has already given this idea, but would it be possible to put the option to save the typing history on the console following the example of xconsole?
https://github.com/OldUnreal/UnrealTour ... issues/320
[rev]rato.skt wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 4:19 pm Can you tell me something about the shooting error does not come out in the same place as the crosshairs?
IDK. Some changes already implemented.
https://github.com/OldUnreal/UnrealTour ... /issues/16

Some not related:
https://github.com/OldUnreal/UnrealTour ... issues/330

Better use gihub search over issues by self, before ask.
jani

Post by jani »

Hey, I have an issue of game not working in fullscreen on debian 10(stable), it just displays a black screen. Otherwise it works perfectly in the windowed mode. Any possible solutions or things to try out?
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

Try use OpenGL. Or XOpenGL.
If both fail - make github issue.