unrealed 2 vs 2.2 scroll bug.

Discussions about UT99
pixel
Novice

unrealed 2 vs 2.2 scroll bug.

Post by pixel »

if wrong area please delete.

as many others i like to create maps, and yes, i am a old git in the UT stuff , so i know my thing.
after a long break it was time to undust my unreal editor and start fixing some maps i made, till i found out a nasty bug, wel, the bug is not in UT's editor ,but thanks some isues in windows 10
i am (i guess other map creators faced it to) bumping into a scrolling isue browsing textures.
on ued 2 (stock version) i am not able to scroll trough all the textures !, so facing a forced upgrade to 469b and also notice that i am not fully able to scroll trough all textures.
sounds, seem to be working.
so, the question is, is there a workaround for this, its a shame if UT99 editing is comming to a end thanks to this..

pixie..
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: unrealed 2 vs 2.2 scroll bug.

Post by sektor2111 »

The crash I think happens when certain texture is obsolete. To me was happening while I was scrolling meshes. If one of them is badly bugged Editor is crashing unable to display assets. The only advice from me (I'm not sure if problem will be solved) it's using another display driver for Editor. Sample from UnrealEd.ini .

Code: Select all

[U2Viewport0]
Active=1
X=0
Y=0
W=890
H=553
RendMap=5
Left=0.000000
Top=0.000000
Right=1194.000000
Bottom=615.000000
PctLeft=0.000000
PctTop=0.000000
PctRight=1.000000
PctBottom=1.000000
Device=D3D9Drv.D3D9RenderDevice
;Device=SoftDrv.SoftwareRenderDevice	//Keeping these reserved
;Device=OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice
For me D3D9 shows more real to what game has and D3D9 has several fixes because D3D it's even more sensitive.

My two cents.
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

Make github issue then. Explain in details what you want and what you get, because currently I not understand what you by "not fully able to scroll trough all textures.".

https://github.com/OldUnreal/UnrealTour ... hes/issues
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

What the OP is referring to is an old bug in the editor where in certain occasions, in the texture browser, the scroll does not appear despite having more textures which are below the window fold.

This bug generally happened when you selected the "All" textures view, but that bug was fixed a long time ago, and I just tried to reproduce it in the 2.2 editor and I couldn't.

So, like Buggie mentioned above, the best thing to do is to create an issue in Github to expose the problem so it can be fixed, ideally with screenshots showing the problem and a description on how exactly to reproduce it.
That way the bug will be able to get fixed in the future, and in the meanwhile you may also get a workaround to be able to scroll the textures while the fix isn't made.
pixel
Novice

Post by pixel »

thnxs ! , ik wil do (later, just home from work)
pixel
Novice

Post by pixel »

bet later as not, bug reported on github..
Ubir4
Adept

Post by Ubir4 »

when I can't see the map wire in unrealed. How can I view it?