UT99 patch469

Discussions about UT99
QSSCEO

UT99 patch469

Post by QSSCEO »

Maybe you can help me. I installed the 469b patch .. now the game starts really fast...but as soon as I hit the esc key to get to the main menu the game goes to the black screen that has unreal tournament centered on the screen...then it's stuck...hitting esc will not take me to the menu. no input from the mouse or keys does anything...I have to use task manager ctl alt del to close the game...what should I do? . The 436 patch worked but the game ran very slow...caching forever...
TankBeef
Masterful

Re: UT99 patch469

Post by TankBeef »

Which renderer are you using? Have you tried with a different one, just to see if it still freezes?
Ubir4
Adept

Post by Ubir4 »

QSSCEO wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:28 pm Maybe you can help me. I installed the 469b patch .. now the game starts really fast...but as soon as I hit the esc key to get to the main menu the game goes to the black screen that has unreal tournament centered on the screen...then it's stuck...hitting esc will not take me to the menu. no input from the mouse or keys does anything...I have to use task manager ctl alt del to close the game...what should I do? . The 436 patch worked but the game ran very slow...caching forever...
reset unrealtournament.ini file (deleting and resetting options)
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

Ubir4 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:32 pm reset unrealtournament.ini file (deleting and resetting options)
Noooo...not yet. :shock: This should be last resort. You know how awful it is to reconfigure everything again. Let's start small, I think. Just want to know what renderer he is using, and if the issue persists after the change. Then we can try something else.
Ubir4
Adept

Post by Ubir4 »

TankBeef wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:44 pm
Ubir4 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:32 pm reset unrealtournament.ini file (deleting and resetting options)
Noooo...not yet. :shock: This should be last resort. You know how awful it is to reconfigure everything again. Let's start small, I think. Just want to know what renderer he is using, and if the issue persists after the change. Then we can try something else.
Okay. :D
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

TankBeef wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:44 pm Let's start small, I think. Just want to know what renderer he is using, and if the issue persists after the change. Then we can try something else.
First thing is to check the log for any indication of what is happening.

Also we need to know what OS the OP is using (and that the appropriate 469b version was installed). Given the problems the OP had with 436 there may be wider system issues at play here?
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

OjitroC wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:24 pm First thing is to check the log for any indication of what is happening.
I agree. :tu: Maybe he could upload it here?
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

TankBeef wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:34 pm
OjitroC wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:24 pm First thing is to check the log for any indication of what is happening.
I agree. :tu: Maybe he could upload it here?
Yes, good idea :)

Possibly the entry map can't be found but I think that results in a crash rather than the game hanging (but that may depend on the OS I suppose).
Ubir4
Adept

Post by Ubir4 »

With me, the opengl that comes in the patch shows rectangles in the menu where the options would be written, then I changed it to a previous one

https://www.cwdohnal.com/utglr/
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

Ubir4 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:42 pm With me, the opengl that comes in the patch shows rectangles in the menu where the options would be written, then I changed it to a previous one

Yes, that happened to me too. You have to make sure, when you apply the patch, that the 469 UWindowFonts.utx file replaces the original one. Also check the ladderfonts.utx one, that one is for the single player ladder.
And replacing the renderer for a previous version, that could be part of the reason for the crash. The patch has the latest cwdohnal renderer versions.
Ubir4
Adept

Post by Ubir4 »

TankBeef wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:18 pm
Ubir4 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:42 pm With me, the opengl that comes in the patch shows rectangles in the menu where the options would be written, then I changed it to a previous one

Yes, that happened to me too. You have to make sure, when you apply the patch, that the 469 UWindowFonts.utx file replaces the original one. Also check the ladderfonts.utx one, that one is for the single player ladder.
And replacing the renderer for a previous version, that could be part of the reason for the crash. The patch has the latest cwdohnal renderer versions.
I saw if I hadn't replaced the 2 utx files, but there was the new one. Even so, the black tag remains.

Edit:
I tested this new opengl really the image is smoother when moving. But I still couldn't get the black "thing".
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

Ubir4 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:06 pm But I still couldn't get the black "thing".
Ok, before going any further, and taking OjitroC's advice, can you please tell us what operating system you use?
Ubir4
Adept

Post by Ubir4 »

TankBeef wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:20 pm
Ubir4 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:06 pm But I still couldn't get the black "thing".
Ok, before going any further, and taking OjitroC's advice, can you please tell us what operating system you use?
Yes. On this my notebook I'm running Windows 8.1 and the video card is Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000.
(I was going to ask you if it could be because of the video card that the new OpenGL doesn't look good)

I'm travelling. At home I have a Windows 10 + Geforce RTX , I don't remember the model. Hope the new OpenGL works there.

i did the reinstall right now just added the 436 patch, then the 469b. With everything I had to put on.
(I notice that if I leave it dark it doesn't have the words in black).The problem is that of course I prefer to play with more brightness for a better perception of the image
In patch 469 this does not occur, in 469a and 469b it does

But with utglr36 what the video shows doesn't happen.What can it be?
Last edited by Ubir4 on Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

Oh, wow. Thanks for the video link. That is a different issue than what I had, cause the fonts are there. So when you move the brightness slider to the left, the black bars appear? Hmmm... :?
Let's see what others think, but...if it does not happen in utglr36, but it does on the 469 utglr, then it may be one of the newer settings? I am going to check if I by any chance I can reproduce that, cause I have never seen it before.
But this is one issue. The other is the crash. Are you still experiencing it? What is the log showing?