How export .U file model SkeletalMesh .PSK??

Discussions about UT99
osmel92
Novice

How export .U file model SkeletalMesh .PSK??

Post by osmel92 »

I am working on a project to convert models from UT99 to TO3.4, I need to know if there is a program to export the model that is in the .U file to PSK??? .... since it only exists for 3d or 3ds and it doesn't work for me, I just want to export to PSK to import it again.
ExpEM
Adept

Re: How export .U file model SkeletalMesh .PSK??

Post by ExpEM »

Have you looked at UModel?
Signature goes here.
Delacroix
Adept
Personal rank: UMS R&D CEO

Post by Delacroix »

First off, let's look at ExpEM's suggestion of UModel, shall we? It's great for exporting but you aren't looking at exporting here, actually, you're looking at conversion.

UModel is a great tool to export the models to a format they were originally imported in, into UT99. So, a vertex mesh will remain a vertex mesh and a skeletal mesh will remain a skeletal mesh. That's it. Full stop. Whether you use UModel on 436/469, or UnrealEd's own exporting function on 469, you're stuck with what you've got. If it was a vert mesh, it'll come out as a vert mesh.

If you want to import into TacticalOps, my first guess is... why even? It even has Botpack from what I've last checked, so mods should either work outright or after some rework of the code, but meshes or resources should pretty much stay the same.

If you want to change the format... why? Tactical Ops, just as UT99 which is its mother game (TO started out as a mod for UT99 before going standalone), supports vertex meshes in every aspect. If for some reason you want to export from UT99 and import to TO, the only reason I can theorize about is an attempt to recompile a mod from sources - which is actually a very healthy approach, even if it requires quite some work to prepare sources you can work on.

But, if you want to modify the model somehow, you probably already know or have an idea what you really need to do. You need to convert the model from vertex mesh to skeletal mesh while basically redoing all the animations. There are a few tutorials on how to do that. Suggested tools of the trade are Milkshape 3D, an older (2.79 or below I think?) version of Blender with the appropriate plugin, an older (2004 I think) version of 3ds max with the appropriate plugin... depending on which modeller/animator you'll ask or which tutorial you'll find.

But first, we need to know exactly what you're trying to do and why what you currently have doesn't work for you on TO.
osmel92
Novice

Post by osmel92 »

Thank you very much friends!!!, the UModel exported exactly what I wanted, in short what I call conversion in this case is to pass things from UT to TO so that they work specifically for this gamemode since I also pass maps from UT to TO like all those who are currently on the TO3.4 servers :tu: .
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

I don't get ... for what reason do you export the models?
To re-animate them?
osmel92
Novice

Post by osmel92 »

The reason is because it decays from the .U file where the model has some class that are others and they do not serve me at all and I need to eliminate them because I only am interested in the model code, but there is some way to erase the Classes without the need for affect the rest?