Help with online lag stuff! HELP PLZ!

Discussions about UT99
unrealbillz

Help with online lag stuff! HELP PLZ!

Post by unrealbillz »

Hey guys! My name is billy and im from the UK. I play ut99 insta, probably people here that I know allready or sumthing.

Anways, to the point!

I just got a new monitor, a CRT. And quite frankly, having issues.

Ive looked into putting my frameratelimit and refresh rate up. And this was no problem for me (offline). My monitor supports 1024x768 at 120hz.

So I thought "ok, 120hz and 120 fps" and low and behold, it worked perfectly (offline). Ok, so I proceeded to play online, only to be shot down!

When playing online it seems very unstable, for example...I will be dodging along and the walls will be stuttering like back and forward, like the server is holding me back from getting where I want. Its all jerky and horrible, it feels like the server is not letting me get more frame than 90.

I have tried soooo many things to sort this out...

Atm I am playing with 89 fps and 85hz, this actually stops the jerky and stuttering from happning, so I was thinking there was a cap online fpr ut99 which makes this stutter and lag stuff.

But when i look around, I see many people with > 85 fps even upwards of 180? And no stutter online? Is there a setting I need to take or sumthing, my ini is pretty well configured, I have tried other peoples, and I have also edited mine until the coew come home!

Please help me!!!! Im pretty much at my wits end with this.

Does ut99 have an online fps cap? Does it not like frames > 90?

Thanks,

billy.