What Ping Will You Play With?

Discussions about UT99
Prot
Novice

What Ping Will You Play With?

Post by Prot »

Just curious.

I had joined some servers and was getting about 200-250 ping spikes and I found I was getting owned a little more than usual. But then I recalled a guy who I clanned with 10 years ago and he never had a ping better than 200, but it was like it was the only ping he knew so he 'mastered' life with that ping, and did pretty darn good.

So I noticed a massive difference when I'm on a server with Ping <100 in comparison with a server reaching 200. How about you guys? How high will you go???
Myth
Inhuman
Personal rank: Low Poly Freak

Re: What Ping Will You Play With?

Post by Myth »

I will play whit 0-150. If I generally have a bad connection whit a server I won't play on it. But I always arrange the server list by ping, so I never enter servers whit ping above 200. I prefer playing on servers where I only have 50.

Edit: 486th post, LUCKY NUMBER
viperstryker

Post by viperstryker »

0-150 sounds about right.
`Mex
Novice
Personal rank: Hitokiri

Post by `Mex »

Anything under 60 is good for casual online play, like if you shoot at someone it wont miss them due to lag.
If you want to play competitively id say defiantly under 30, 40 at a stretch since you have to play at a lot faster pace.
200 ping is what i used to get on my 56k modem 10 years ago, i wouldn't recommend that but if you don't have a choice you can adapt to it a bit. You have to be a master of prediction tho as you always have to be shooting ahead of people to account for the lag time delay.
It sounds like you are playing on servers quite a distance from you, are you an american playing on eu servers?
nomaes

Post by nomaes »

usually my latency or ping is pretty good, in a 30 - 100 range
DiiPhantom
Novice
Personal rank: ZOD Member

Post by DiiPhantom »

same here 0-150, higher than that i havent dared to try :)